DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   STK module replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/643059-stk-module-replacement.html)

[email protected] December 28th 19 05:29 AM

STK module replacement

Got a nice JVC A-S7 amplifier. But one of the STK0055n final ICs died. A
darlington pair. Seems most of the STK modules are no longer available.
Has anyone come up with a board that discreet components can be used on,
and will fit the original IC holes on the board?

OR

Is there a complete amp final available that can be mounted inside the
amp and just wired in to replace the ICs.

This amp is rated at 50W per channel.

John-Del[_2_] December 28th 19 10:50 AM

STK module replacement

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:29:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Got a nice JVC A-S7 amplifier. But one of the STK0055n final ICs died. A
darlington pair. Seems most of the STK modules are no longer available.
Has anyone come up with a board that discreet components can be used on,
and will fit the original IC holes on the board?

OR

Is there a complete amp final available that can be mounted inside the
amp and just wired in to replace the ICs.

This amp is rated at 50W per channel.

This company in Ireland has them at $65 U.S. each:

https://www.electronic-spare-parts.c.../stk_0055n.htm

For that kind of change, I would think they would be Sanken new old stock and not knockoffs of some kind. I changed tons of those during the day (mostly Fisher 0080 and 0100), but even 20 years ago they were obsolete by my memory.

Alibaba lists the STK0055N for about $12 shipped:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32820841800.html

The one review said it worked...

N_Cook December 28th 19 04:51 PM

STK module replacement

On 28/12/2019 05:29, wrote:
Got a nice JVC A-S7 amplifier. But one of the STK0055n final ICs died. A
darlington pair. Seems most of the STK modules are no longer available.
Has anyone come up with a board that discreet components can be used on,
and will fit the original IC holes on the board?

OR

Is there a complete amp final available that can be mounted inside the
amp and just wired in to replace the ICs.

This amp is rated at 50W per channel.

I got in the habit in such situations was to always use a
commonly available TDA7293, 120-volt, 100-watt, DMOS .
Obviously requiring fanning out and sleeving the re-pinnning, into a bit
of a rats nest and also if mute is used then often having to put in an
inverting transistor stage in thr mute line.

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
http://diverse.4mg.com/scicaf.htm

Trevor Wilson[_4_] December 28th 19 09:05 PM

STK module replacement

On 28/12/2019 4:29 pm, wrote:
Got a nice JVC A-S7 amplifier. But one of the STK0055n final ICs died. A
darlington pair. Seems most of the STK modules are no longer available.
Has anyone come up with a board that discreet components can be used on,
and will fit the original IC holes on the board?

OR

Is there a complete amp final available that can be mounted inside the
amp and just wired in to replace the ICs.

This amp is rated at 50W per channel.

**My local supplier, here in Australia suggests the STK0059 is a
suitable sub. I haven't checked the datasheets to be certain. Cost, here
in Oz, is less than 20 Bucks.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

John Robertson December 30th 19 10:31 PM

STK module replacement

On 2019/12/28 2:50 a.m., John-Del wrote:
[...]

That Alibaba one sure looks authentic! Well, maybe not so authentic...
Like a poor copy of a copy...

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves is the full name of the original book if I
am not mistaken...and an interesting name choice for a company!

John :-#)#

John-Del[_2_] December 30th 19 11:04 PM

STK module replacement

Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

John Robertson December 30th 19 11:12 PM

STK module replacement

On 2019/12/30 3:04 p.m., John-Del wrote:
Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

True, he only stole from the thieves...which makes him the good guy...(?).

John ;-#)#

John-Del[_2_] December 31st 19 01:03 PM

STK module replacement

On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 6:12:22 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 2019/12/30 3:04 p.m., John-Del wrote:
Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

True, he only stole from the thieves...which makes him the good guy...(?).

John ;-#)#

In a Robin Hood sort of way I guess. I'm 62 and read the story only once, and that was when I was in second or third grade, so I don't recall the particulars - but my recollection was that Ali Baba was the good guy.

John Robertson December 31st 19 10:55 PM

STK module replacement

On 2019/12/31 5:03 a.m., John-Del wrote:
On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 6:12:22 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
On 2019/12/30 3:04 p.m., John-Del wrote:
Ali Baba was the good guy. The 40 thieves were, well, thieves. Ali Baba learned the secret phrase that the thieves used to gain entrance to a cave where they stashed their loot (as I recall).

True, he only stole from the thieves...which makes him the good guy...(?).

John ;-#)#

In a Robin Hood sort of way I guess. I'm 62 and read the story only once, and that was when I was in second or third grade, so I don't recall the particulars - but my recollection was that Ali Baba was the good guy.

Yeah, he was the good guy in the story.

The Thousand and One Nights is good reading still... Download a copy
from Project Gutenberg.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34206

John :-#)#