DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DTX9950 Analog/DTV converter box (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/642927-dtx9950-analog-dtv-converter-box.html)

Michael Mud December 22nd 19 04:53 PM

DTX9950 Analog/DTV converter box

I use a few of these boxes on older tv's. They are the ones Radio Shack sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ahead. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is that they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours. Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing circuit, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

whit3rd December 23rd 19 12:19 AM

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 8:53:45 AM UTC-8, Michael Mud wrote:
I use a few of these boxes on older tv's. They are the ones Radio Shack sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ahead. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is that they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours. Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing circuit, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

There's a 'sleep timer' or similar named function; it can be turned off, with the menu.
The setting is intended to be nonvolatile, so you don't need to visit it often.

Michael Mud December 23rd 19 02:31 PM

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 7:19:09 PM UTC-5, whit3rd wrote:
On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 8:53:45 AM UTC-8, Michael Mud wrote:
I use a few of these boxes on older tv's. They are the ones Radio Shack sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ahead. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is that they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours.. Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing circuit, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

There's a 'sleep timer' or similar named function; it can be turned off, with the menu.
The setting is intended to be nonvolatile, so you don't need to visit it often.

WOW. Thank you. I'm sure that's the problem. Didn't know it existed. Happy Holidays