Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ***BANG!***

On Wednesday, 13 November 2019 09:18:14 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/12/19 9:46 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 22:33:21 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 4:01 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 November 2019 21:10:58 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/11/19 2:18 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 10 November 2019 16:54:24 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:14:36 -0800, Michael Terrell wrote:

What's life, without a challenge?

A challenge has to be, by definition, ultimately achievable. Removing
this cap is *not* achievable. I would have to destroy the entire VNA to
get it out. What a rotten design.

Just snip it then, it's not needed.

NT

Spoken like a true hack.

are you being childish again?

In your dreams kid.
I take pride in my service and repairs.
If it's "difficult" it gets done anyway.

If it's buried, I remove what has to be removed to get access to it.
And the old leads get removed, the terminal gets cleaned and new
part gets soldered in just like "factory original;."
Then the removed parts get put back in place.

It's not that complicated to understand "doing it right."

That approach is the right one for mil spec kit repairs. It is inappropriate for domestic kit.

NT

Like I said, you're a hack.

like I said you're childish.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/21/19 1:00 PM, wrote:
[...]

That's your opinion.
My opinion is that you're hack.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/22/19 3:22 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Oh look, the hacks are circling the wagons.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 21 November 2019 21:49:46 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/21/19 1:00 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

heh. you said that already.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 04:22:06 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 11/22/19 3:22 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 15:49:38 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

My opinion is that you're hack.

My opinion is you're Phil Alison and ICTFP.

Oh look, the hacks are circling the wagons.

You can call me a hack as well if you like; I couldn't give a **** TBH.
I'm not very practical. I get the job done but it doesn't look as pretty
as some genius like yourself would leave it. But do I care? Nope! Because
the case goes back on and no one can see it anyway.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/22/19 7:40 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
You can call me a hack as well if you like;

I did.

I couldn't give a **** TBH.

Actually, that's not true. If you honestly didn't
give a ****, you wouldn't have wasted the time to
defend yourself.

I'm not very practical.

This too is obvious.

But do I care? Nope! Because the case goes back on
and no one can see it anyway.

No, of course you don't care. That's because you have
zero pride in your work. And the refusal to even try
to improve your skill set, just proves what I said.
You're hack. And apparently quite proud of it.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 02:11:38 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/22/19 7:40 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:

You can call me a hack as well if you like;

I did.

I couldn't give a **** TBH.

Actually, that's not true. If you honestly didn't
give a ****, you wouldn't have wasted the time to
defend yourself.

he didn't 'defend himself' he explained his position

I'm not very practical.

This too is obvious.

But do I care? Nope! Because the case goes back on
and no one can see it anyway.

No, of course you don't care. That's because you have
zero pride in your work. And the refusal to even try
to improve your skill set,

I've read enough of CD's posts to know neither of those is true.
People like you are 100% sure they know what's what even when they don't have the relevant facts. Same old.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 08:27:56 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

€śWhen I use a word,€ť Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, €śit
means just what I choose it to mean€” neither more nor less.€ť €śThe
question is,€ť said Alice, €śwhether you can make words mean so many
different things.€ť
€śThe question is,€ť said Humpty Dumpty, €śwhich is to be master€”that's
all.€ť

I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Do you honestly believe I give a flying **** what you think?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:54:28 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 11/23/19 6:02 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.

Do you honestly believe I give a flying **** what you think?

Just pointing it out for the benefit of others here who may not yet be
fully familiar with your profane outpourings of ill-informed garbage and
propensity to discharge same.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/24/19 4:08 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:54:28 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 11/23/19 6:02 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.

Do you honestly believe I give a flying **** what you think?

Just pointing it out for the benefit of others here who may not yet be
fully familiar with your profane outpourings of ill-informed garbage and
propensity to discharge same.

That's precious.
I pointed out that you're a hack.
I pointed out the Tabby is hack.
You two have been having a love fest trying to justify yourselves.

Get a room.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 07:11:14 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

That's precious.
I pointed out that you're a hack.

You're a *MORON* and a DUMBASS. Did you not see the picture I posted of
the network analyser I freely admitted to butchering earlier in the
thread?

No Sherlock you, but blind as well as rude and ignorant, clearly.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/24/19 8:20 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 07:11:14 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

That's precious.
I pointed out that you're a hack.

You're a *MORON* and a DUMBASS. Did you not see the picture I posted of
the network analyser I freely admitted to butchering earlier in the
thread?

No Sherlock you, but blind as well as rude and ignorant, clearly.

Yes I did, that's why I said you're hack.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:23:52 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Yes I did, that's why I said you're hack.

No, specifically you said and I quote: "I pointed out that you're a hack"
which implies you have some sort of superior cognitive ability which the
regulars here don't possess. Like as if everyone else needs an obnoxious
*MORON* like you to spoon feed them the obvious!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/24/19 10:50 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:23:52 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Yes I did, that's why I said you're hack.

No, specifically you said and I quote: "I pointed out that you're a hack"
which implies you have some sort of superior cognitive ability which the
regulars here don't possess. Like as if everyone else needs an obnoxious
*MORON* like you to spoon feed them the obvious!

And there you have it...
You're a hack. You just said so yourself.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, 24 November 2019 13:11:22 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 11/24/19 4:08 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 18:54:28 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 11/23/19 6:02 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.

Do you honestly believe I give a flying **** what you think?

Just pointing it out for the benefit of others here who may not yet be
fully familiar with your profane outpourings of ill-informed garbage and
propensity to discharge same.

That's precious.
I pointed out that you're a hack.
I pointed out the Tabby is hack.
You two have been having a love fest trying to justify yourselves.

Get a room.

yet another example of your dishonesty in attempting to convince people of something that has no ground in reality. You have become not worth reading. Bye.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, 24 November 2019 00:02:36 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 08:27:56 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

€śWhen I use a word,€ť Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, €śit
means just what I choose it to mean€” neither more nor less.€ť €śThe
question is,€ť said Alice, €śwhether you can make words mean so many
different things.€ť
€śThe question is,€ť said Humpty Dumpty, €śwhich is to be master€”that's
all.€ť

I think I can see your problem now: you're a MORON.

he's become slowman mark 2, a fool with a problem.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Care to speculate on the horrific consequences of that particular "hack"? And I doubt if those consequences are specific to the US.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/25/19 1:09 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Sometimes it takes a hack to get the job done at a reasonable cost.

Like a car company wanted lots of money to replace a freeze plug on a
car engine. Due to where it was placed , they said the motor needed to
be pulled.

A local hack said he could do it for almost nothing. Pulled the carpet
back inside the car. Took a hole saw on a drill and cut a hole.
Replaced the plug , pop rivited a beer can cutout over the hole and
replaced the carpet.

That's a clever repair. I did the same thing on a '68 Dodge station
wagon. The freeze plug on the rear of the cylinder heads.
Cut a hole, or pull the intake and the heads. Obvious choice.

WHEN you work on your own vehicle. You have next to zero funds and
you need to drive it into work the next day.

Had I had the time, I would have pulled the engine and replaced all
the freeze plugs at the same time instead of one at a time.

I had the time over the weekend, and that's exactly what I did.
including pulling the flywheel and getting the two behind it.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Cut a hole, or pull the intake and the heads. Obvious choice.

Care to speculate, as I asked Ralph, on the consequences?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Nope. Care to try again?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

OK. To attempt to get you all to think "outside the box".

Question: Why do we stop at STOP signs, even when there is no one else (visible) around?

You park your car on a hill. You neglect to turn your wheels to the curb. Some kid sees change in your cup-holder and breaks into the car, meanwhile releasing the parking brake. The car rolls down the hill and hurts someone. Who is responsible?

Now, consider that hole in that firewall. Please try to think it through.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 7:01:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:
OK. To attempt to get you all to think "outside the box".

Question: Why do we stop at STOP signs, even when there is no one else (visible) around?

You park your car on a hill. You neglect to turn your wheels to the curb. Some kid sees change in your cup-holder and breaks into the car, meanwhile releasing the parking brake. The car rolls down the hill and hurts someone.. Who is responsible?

Now, consider that hole in that firewall. Please try to think it through.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

You're going to hate this story Peter: I had an old Explorer that had a bad fuel pump. This truck was originally sold near the shoreline and and had suffered almost 20 years in the rust belt. There was no chance of getting the fuel tank down without fighting through rusted hardware and other issues, so I got out my nibbler and opened an access hole under the back seat right over the fuel pump flange. 90 min in an out.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 7:53:27 AM UTC-5, John-Del wrote:
[...]

Which is not the firewall. And, there are actual after-market hatches for that application. Which are not made from aluminum beer-cans and aluminum pop-rivets.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/t... aAvnoEALw_wcB

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA