DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Information Unlimited dealings? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/642063-information-unlimited-dealings.html)

KDKA2 November 19th 19 01:42 AM

Information Unlimited dealings?

Anyone here have difficulty dealing with this firm? I ordered parts
from them to build a kit, but the remainder of the parts needed are
outdated. I contacted them, but they take forever to respond and said
they would refund but that's been well over a month ago. Anyone know
how to get them moving?

[email protected] November 19th 19 02:25 AM

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:42:29 -0500, KDKA2 wrote:

Anyone here have difficulty dealing with this firm? I ordered parts
from them to build a kit, but the remainder of the parts needed are
outdated. I contacted them, but they take forever to respond and said
they would refund but that's been well over a month ago. Anyone know
how to get them moving?

Tell them that you will expose them in a world-wide-popular
electronics forum.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Tim Williams[_3_] November 19th 19 03:47 AM

wrote in message

Tell them that you will expose them in a world-wide-popular
electronics forum.

Strange, because you don't visit EEVblog.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC

Phil Allison[_3_] November 19th 19 04:19 AM

Information Unlimited dealings?

Tell them that you will expose them in a world-wide-popular
electronics forum.

** That is not near as silly as it sounds.

Cos it actually happened to me, about 13 year ago - after I posted a fairly innocent complaint on usenet about a circuit idea published in an Australian magazine called "Silicon Chip".

Little did I know I was being watched.

Soon got a red hot phone call from the magazine with thinly veiled treats followed up by a letter from a Sydney based lawyer with an American sounding name and writing style: Lynden E. Hooper. It demanded a formal apology in the next 7 days posted on the same forum.

The letter spoke of "defamation act" plus "Chat room" and fair had me in stiches when I read it.

So I whipped off a reply of about 250 words, written in the style of Jed Clampet of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Never heard a thing back.....

..... Phil

Mike Coon[_2_] November 19th 19 09:41 AM

Information Unlimited dealings?

In article ,
says...

... with thinly veiled treats ...

Is that like "the dance of the seven veils"? ;-)

Mike.

[email protected] November 19th 19 11:55 AM

Information Unlimited dealings?

On Monday, November 18, 2019 at 11:19:10 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:

The only thing dubious about your story is the "fairly innocent" part.

That is not within your repertoire.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA