DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where to get NO diode embedded flybacks? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/641723-where-get-no-diode-embedded-flybacks.html)

Al Butterworth November 4th 19 07:24 PM

where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?

Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

[email protected] November 4th 19 08:22 PM

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices.
Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices.

None of which have diodes installed.

Google is your friend.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

John Larkin[_7_] November 4th 19 09:26 PM

where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 14:24:55 -0500, Al Butterworth
wrote:

Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Car ignition coil?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin[_7_] November 4th 19 09:28 PM

where to get NO diode embedded flybacks?

wrote:

Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Car ignition coil?

LCD TVs don't need flybacks!

Arie de Muynck[_3_] November 4th 19 10:56 PM

On 2019-11-04 20:24, Al Butterworth wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc.Â* I am in the US.Â* Thank you.

AB

Something like this?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32965980997.html
Couldn't even buy the wire for that price...

Arie

AJ Butterworth November 5th 19 04:19 AM

On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, wrote:
On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices.
Triad has a number of higher-voltage devices.

None of which have diodes installed.

Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like was found
in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was going to use a 3-4
stage multiplier.

Google is your friend.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Tim Williams[_3_] November 5th 19 04:34 AM

"John Larkin" wrote in message
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Car ignition coil?

LCD TVs don't need flybacks!

Who said anything about?--nevermind...

LCDs with CCFL backlights, though. Low power (10s W), high voltage capable
(3, maybe 5kV peak?). Comes with resonant driver circuit, full wave, not
flyback.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC

Steve Wilson November 5th 19 05:27 AM

AJ Butterworth wrote:

On 11/4/19 3:22 PM, wrote:
On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:24:59 PM UTC-5, Al Butterworth wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc. I am in the US. Thank you.

AB

Would be useful to know desired operating voltages and so forth, but
Mouser has a selection of low-voltage PCB mounted devices. Triad has a
number of higher-voltage devices.

None of which have diodes installed.

Sorry, I was looking for something in the 20- 40 KV range like was found
in CRT's. Probably 15-20 KV at some mA since I was going to use a 3-4
stage multiplier.

Look for a 4-cylinder wasted spark ignition coil. It has two independent
high voltage flyback transformers. You can probably put them in series for
higher output voltage.

They are inexpensive and available at most auto supply houses. For example,
the ignition coil for a 2003 Ford Focus starts at $16.75 at Rock Auto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...,focus,2.0l+l4
+dohc,1431898,ignition,ignition+coil,7060

TheExperimenter November 7th 19 05:15 PM

On 11/4/19 2:24 PM, Al Butterworth wrote:
Looking for a source for getting NO diode embedded flybacks to be able
to run multiplier circuits, etc.Â* I am in the US.Â* Thank you.

AB

Ebay seems to have the AC ones, but take a good close look at the
condition before purchase. You can sometimes google the part numbers of
the advertised device and come across a TV manual showing KV output of
the transformer if that's important.