DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Had To Chuckle (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/638656-re-had-chuckle.html)

Jeff Urban August 10th 19 03:55 PM

Had To Chuckle

The message open carry sends is: the world is dangerous and scary, we can't trust the government, it's everybody for themselves.

It is. When I fired a lawyer it was because he told me something. The deal is the thought I was drunk but I wasn't. I was sick and in a ****load of pain and they took that as stumbling. The lawyer told me if they hadn't busted me and I went on to hurt myself or others they could be sued. I already knew that wasn't true, and can drag my writ in here proving otherwise, citing five high court cases, know of them THE supreme court with Antonin Scalia writing the majority opinion.

I got the document on my other PC, a laptop, yik. I doubt I'll ever buy another. I'll drag it in here. It has all the info, case numbers and all that ****.

The bottom line is while you can sue them for things they do, you cannot sue them for things they do not do. They could watch someone blow your head off and just drive away and there isn't a damn thing anybody can do about it..

If you doubt, look it up. I did. And I got it from dot govs and dot edus, not some Alex Jones type bull**** here.

[email protected] August 10th 19 09:26 PM

Had To Chuckle

On Saturday, 10 August 2019 14:55:21 UTC+1, Jeff Urban wrote:
Tim R wrote:

The message open carry sends is: the world is dangerous and scary, we can't trust the government, it's everybody for themselves.

It is.

Does someone here really think the world is not dangerous, that they can trust the govt and that they don't need to look after thmeselves? I guess it takes all sorts.

[email protected] August 12th 19 02:24 PM

Had To Chuckle

The "Government" is necessary. It gives us the basic rules of society:

Stopping at Stop Signs - and the Stop Signs in the first place.
That, for the most part, the drugs, foods, and chemicals we purchase on a daily basis will not kill us immediately.
That when we need to call an ambulance, fire truck and so forth, the phones are likely to work, and there will likely be a response.
That we all agree to drive on the same side of the road.

And tens of thousands of other examples that paranoid survivalists (rugged individuals) seem to miss in their narcissistic fantasies.

That we need to look out for ourselves is also a given. But that we must be "everybody for themselves" is simply stupid - almost irredeemably stupid, as under that scenario, there are no commonalities. Under that scenario, there would be no reason for anyone to stop at a Stop Sign, and no consequences arising therefrom.

It is called the "social contract".

We must all hang together, or we will surely hang separately.

B. Franklin

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Tim R[_2_] August 12th 19 08:28 PM

Had To Chuckle

Tim R wrote:

The message open carry sends is: the world is dangerous and scary, we can't trust the government, it's everybody for themselves.

It is.

Does someone here really think the world is not dangerous, that they can trust the govt and that they don't need to look after thmeselves? I guess it takes all sorts.

They hide the secrets - in books.

I guess they're pretty safe.