DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source of lightning plug (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/637811-source-lightning-plug.html)

three_jeeps July 17th 19 06:59 PM

Source of lightning plug

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?
Thanks

Phil Allison[_3_] July 18th 19 08:50 AM

Source of lightning plug

three_jeeps wrote:

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?
Thanks

** FYI:

The word lightning refers to a weather event.

There is a data plug trade marked "Lightning" that I suspect you are referring to.

The name "USB" should also be in capitals, as it too is a trade mark.

I doubt anyone sells rewireable version of the Lightning plug.

..... Phil

Lucifer[_6_] July 20th 19 06:07 AM

Source of lightning plug

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:59:36 -0700 (PDT), three_jeeps
wrote:

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?

The complete cable is cheap.

Thanks

[email protected] July 20th 19 07:20 PM

Source of lightning plug

wrote:

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?

The complete cable is cheap.

Thanks

Yes it is, but they all have the same weak spot which admittedly, can be reinforced but I'd prefer to rebuild mine, if possible.

And yes, I know the difference between 'lightning' and 'Lightning' and 'usb' and 'USB'....and anybody with 1/2 a brain would understand the meaning and context of the question.
And for the pedantic ppl in the crowd, it should properly be cited as 'Apple Lightning (TM) since it is a registered trademark - not simply 'Lightning'....

So that raises a question (since some ppl like to pick 'fly sh*t' out of pepper), if one refers to a knock off Apple Lightning to USB cable, should they properly call it a 'Apple Lightning to USB' cable? a 'Lightning to USB' cable, a 'lightning to USB' cable??? or perhaps a 'bootleg work-a-like Apple Lightning to USB cable'????

I'll let the resident neurotic Phil answer this one since he seems to be most annoyed by the grammar/capitalization rules, and syntax of the phrase..... ....sheesh...

Phil Allison[_3_] July 21st 19 06:29 AM

Source of lightning plug

.

** There was no context, you bul****ting ass.

And for the pedantic ppl in the crowd, it should properly be cited as 'Apple Lightning (TM) since it is a registered trademark - not simply 'Lightning'....

** Yawnnnnnn, Lightning does it alone as it indicates a trade name - dickhead.

YOU have a horrible aversion to using capitals, like so many of your SMS lingo fingering half wit friends.

I'll let the resident neurotic

** Nothing neurotic about me - asshole.

..... Phil

[email protected] July 22nd 19 01:17 AM

Source of lightning plug

On Sunday, 21 July 2019 05:29:54 UTC+1, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

I have a few lightning-usb cables that have a damaged lightning plug.
Is there any place to buy just the plug so I can replace the damaged one?

.

And yes, I know the difference between 'lightning' and 'Lightning' and 'usb' and 'USB'....and anybody with 1/2 a brain would understand the meaning and context of the question.

** There was no context, you bul****ting ass.

Well there is the thread heading 'source of lightning plug'
Then there were the sentences in the OP that made it all pretty clear.
And there was the use of the phrase 'lightning plug' in an electronics ng.
But other than that

And for the pedantic ppl in the crowd, it should properly be cited as 'Apple Lightning (TM) since it is a registered trademark - not simply 'Lightning'....

** Yawnnnnnn, Lightning does it alone as it indicates a trade name - dickhead.

YOU have a horrible aversion to using capitals, like so many of your SMS lingo fingering half wit friends.

I'll let the resident neurotic

** Nothing neurotic about me - asshole.

.... Phil

no-one could care less if he capitalises it. Except Phil, who loses it over someone not using a capital letter.

Phil Allison[_3_] July 22nd 19 06:15 AM

Source of lightning plug

Some Criminal Nut Case calling itself wrote:

And yes, I know the difference between 'lightning' and 'Lightning' and 'usb' and 'USB'....and anybody with 1/2 a brain would understand the meaning and context of the question.

** There was no context, you bul****ting ass.

Well there is the thread heading 'source of lightning plug'

** Yawnnnn - so ****ing what?

Then there were the sentences in the OP that made it all pretty clear.

** Nothing was clear from the OP's first post alone.

You bull****ting ass.

** Yawnnnnnn, Lightning does it alone as it indicates a trade name - dickhead.

YOU have a horrible aversion to using capitals, like so many of your SMS lingo fingering half wit friends.

I'll let the resident neurotic

** Nothing neurotic about me - asshole.

no-one could care less if he capitalises it.

** Now the lying pile of criminal excrement speaks for the WHOLE world ???!

Wot an egomaniac raving lunatic.

Nothing but a POS, ****head, damn troll.

...... Phil

[email protected] July 22nd 19 10:04 AM

Source of lightning plug

On Monday, 22 July 2019 05:15:24 UTC+1, Phil Allison wrote:
Some Criminal Nut Case calling itself tabby wrote:

[...]

What you don't understand is that you're in your own world.

NT

Phil Allison[_3_] July 22nd 19 12:01 PM

Source of lightning plug

"Some Criminal Nut Case calling itself tabby wrote:"

** Now the lying pile of criminal excrement speaks for the WHOLE world ???!

Wot an egomaniac raving lunatic.

Nothing but a POS, ****head, damn troll.

..... Phil

What you don't understand is that you're in your own world.

** What the lunatic Thornton Troll does not understand is that he is completely out of his ****ing head.

.... Phil

[email protected] July 23rd 19 12:01 AM

Source of lightning plug

On Monday, 22 July 2019 11:01:31 UTC+1, Phil Allison wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

What you don't understand is that you're in your own world.

** What the lunatic Thornton Troll does not understand is that he is completely out of his ****ing head.

that's one way to confirm what I said
plonk