Old June 6th 19, 02:14 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony STR-AV570 -- Really weird problem

I have the same problem, Sony reciever str-av570, that keeps going into protect mode intermittently, even when the reciever is off, will intermittently do relay click and loudness amber led(s) on the front will glow gradually, off, and repeat till I unplug it. Back in 2003-2004, I took my reciever to a authorized sony service center that did not know how to fix it, but charged me $35 to inspect device anyways. From the replies on this post, looks like a good place to start. Thanks for sharing!