Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default GDO

Any one know how I choose a key fob clicker and wall mount key pad for an old Stanley model 3205 garage door opener?
It has a sticker with a five digit serial code. What is that serial code used for?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 17/05/2019 03:45, Elder Jones wrote:
Any one know how I choose a key fob clicker and wall mount key pad for an old Stanley model 3205 garage door opener?
It has a sticker with a five digit serial code. What is that serial code used for?

Ordering key fob replacements that match.

Personally, I'd redo the entire receiver circuit with something more
modern and secure.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:06:05 +0100, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Personally, I'd redo the entire receiver circuit with something more
modern and secure.

I'd assumed he meant "grid dip oscillator" - showing my age again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If your time is of any value, I would go to a garage door company that sells Stanley; you are more likely to get the right thing on your first try, but may have to pay full retail. If your opener is old and obsolete, and the dealer does not have it, I would look on eBay (or go directly to eBay if you want to save some money and are confident you know what to get).