Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microwave oven

Fox's Mercantile wrote:

John-Del wrote:

The difference is everyone knows that mains inputs will kill,
but most people are unaware of just how dangerous a microwave
is compared to any other plug in appliance around the home.

"The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that four
people are electrocuted each year trying to repair their microwave ovens."

https://www.richmond.com/news/man-di...a1c3ff15a.html

Ya-but.
How many people die from accidents with guns?
Drunk driving.
Trying to make "jack ass" videos for you tube?

** Completely irrelevant to posting dangerous advice on a public forum.

Considering the number of microwave ovens out there,that's a
pretty low death rate.

** Lets try to keep it that way by never encouraging "joe public" to tackle a microwave oven.

The best advice you can give about working on micro wave ovens
is:

** Don't.

I see you use your real name here so are at risk of being sued for posting advice that leads to personal injury or death.

The two irresponsible ****heads I am up against here are both anonymous.

..... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 25 March 2019 17:45:49 UTC, three_jeeps wrote:
On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 12:34:31 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 14:18:03 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

Likely candidates are the HV diode & HV fuse. Of course it can be other
things. And of course they're in the killer section.

Spot on. Blown 5kV fuse and HV diode open circuit both directions.
Transformer secondary showing 188 ohms across the winding, so *hopefully*
a quick fix. But I'd better just check the magnetron first.......
:-/

Aside from sprinkling bits of technical troubleshooting and safety advice in a string of email exchanges, I was reminded of this comprehensive 'Microwave repair' document. Should be read and understood before one even unplugs the device to be repaired.

(When one considers that the charge stored in the microwave capacitor is significantly (x10+) the charge from public defibrillators (AEDs) the energy is definitely high enough to put a human being horizontal - permanently!)

https://www.repairfaq.org/sam/micfaq.htm#micpre

like so many documents, too many errors early in the piece to finish reading.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 25 March 2019 20:08:42 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the microwave oven doesn't kill you, perhaps the popcorn will?
"Man shocked to death by exploding microwave"
https://www.news24.com/World/News/man-shocked-to-death-by-exploding-microwave-20181109
Please remember that you have only one life to give to your hobby or
profession.

Which part of a microwave is even capable of explosion? And how would said explosion result in electrocution?

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 25 March 2019 22:44:17 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:55:27 +0100, Look165 wrote:

You cannot check a HV diode.

I just have! Maybe it's YOU who has a problem with them?

Put the diode in series with a 15w filament lamp, connect to mains.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 00:09:54 UTC, Phil Allison wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

It would be sensible to say microwaves can electrocute people,

** Idiotic to say otherwise - you fool.

so we get abuse for agreeing with you lol

** We do not agree on anything.

obviously we did on that point

not so sensible to insist everyone, despite not knowing what skills they do or don't have, does not have the necessary skills to work with them.

** Insane crap.

You must KNOW the person has the knowledge, skill and necessary safety gear on hand. Plus they must not work alone.

Neither I nor you need know what skill Mr Doom has.

** Irrelevant to you posting bad advice on a public forum which anyone can read at any time.

I won't ask how pointing out the existence hazards is bad advie

Impossible to ascertain that via usenet so the only safe option is to advise against and offer no help.

There are people taking that tack on any subject.

** Completely irrelevant garbage.

A false argument of the dumbest kind.

on the contrary. We routinely discuss circuits with hazards here. Next you'll object to any and all safer driving advice.

It's not difficult, just need to know the issues/gotchas.

** Totally insane crap.

One needs to be trained on the proper precautions with microwaves ovens and USE them.

If you understand the gotchas & are sensible you're going to use them. We can't do more than that on usenet.

** Dangerous drivel.

no, understanding & working safely is the solution to work hazards.

Erring on the side of caution is a foreign concept to a raving ****wit like you.

2 silly claims in one

You are one dangerous ****ing idiot.

With respect you don't know what my working practices are with microwaves,

** Utter and COMPLETELY irrelevant, I was NOT talking about your or CD practices !!!!

The danger is of course to folk reading you ****ing tripe on this NG.

The hazards of nuke repair exist whether I mention them or not. Mentioning them enables people to get informed & competent/safe & motivates them to do so.

FYI:

You have a monstrous reading disability along with rampant autism and a bloated and diseased ego.

you say that about most who disagree with you.

Plus you are a vile coward hiding behind a fake name and complete anonymity.

**** you.

I wonder why, with nutcases like you online.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Are you that insecure that you have to argue with Phil?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 14:53:18 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
Are you that insecure that you have to argue with Phil?

What does insecurity have to do with it? Nothing.
Your playground antics may be though.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 16:14:52 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/26/19 11:06 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 14:53:18 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Are you that insecure that you have to argue with Phil?

What does insecurity have to do with it? Nothing.
Your playground antics may be though.

Thank you for proving my point.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm hardly going to regard it as realistic in this case. Telling others what they think & feel when you don't know is a fool's game.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 10:22:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Care to elaborate on the errors? aside from the dead links....
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 07:25:30 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

Which part of a microwave is even capable of explosion? And how would
said explosion result in electrocution?

Seems some poor, terrified folk here appear to believe defusing an IED to
be less of a hazard than fixing a common domestic appliance!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 07:26:39 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Monday, 25 March 2019 22:44:17 UTC, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 21:55:27 +0100, Look165 wrote:

You cannot check a HV diode.

I just have! Maybe it's YOU who has a problem with them?

Put the diode in series with a 15w filament lamp, connect to mains.

The barrier height potential of a HV diode isn't that great that it can't
be more safely checked with a simple 9V battery. That's what I used and
it's perfectly OK for the purpose.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 3:23:05 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Seems some poor, terrified folk here appear to believe defusing an IED to
be less of a hazard than fixing a common domestic appliance!

Not so much. What it comes down to is that a microwave oven is a commodity cheaply available and generally pretty reliable, that also, with basic care will last very nearly indefinitely. In the 40 years I have used such devices, I can state with absolute specificity that I have never had to trash such a unit for failure. Wear, cosmetics, unsuitability, sure. But total failure, no.

The most expensive unit we own is at our summer house, an over-stove device with pretty much every bell and whistle out there, including the wash-car, walk-dog options. Which we purchased on-sale for $150. We have a equally "optimized" counter-top unit at home that we got for $115, and it just turned 10. We have no place for an over-counter unit in any case.

With that in mind, there is no reason on this planet to attempt to repair such a device, especially without the necessary specific tooling, the time involved and the cost of any parts or pieces. I would rather spend that time doing something of use - such as restoring a vintage bit of audio equipment, or a clock or similar. We know that a junker would be recycled, so even that concern is soothed.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 16:57:20 UTC, three_jeeps wrote:
On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 10:22:39 AM UTC-4, tabb wrote:
[...]

From the bit I read...

"Microwave ovens are without a doubt, the most deadly type of consumer electronic equipment in wide spread use. "

nothing to do with reality

"Connoisseurs of fine dining will turn up their collective noses at the thought of using a microwave oven for much beyond boiling water - if that."

half true. Reality is microwaving is the best way to cook some things taste-wise - as well as being a lousy option for some.

"the microwave oven has not changed substantially in the last 20 years."

half true, most haven't changed significantly in about 40 years.

"Touchpads are now nearly universal because they are cheaper to manufacture than mechanical timers (and also more convenient)"

cheap nukes are normally mechanical control, thus I could conclude mechanical controls are cheaper.

"Bad interlocks switches or door misalignment causing fuses to blow or no operation when the start button is pressed. Locate and replace defective switches and/or realign door."

risky advice. The shorting resistor must always be checked, otherwise the oven may cook but interlock has no ability to cut the power by shorting if there is a further door/interlock fault.

"Blown fuse due to power surge or old age: Replace fuse. On rare occasions, the main fuse may even be intermittent causing very strange symptoms. "

again the shorting resistor must be checked.

"if you can do the repair yourself, the equation changes dramatically as your parts costs will be 1/2 to 1/4 of what a professional will charge"

I never paid anything like that for nuke parts
I didn't read any further.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 19:33:48 UTC, wrote:
[...]

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair to save $100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven that fits a certain space can be tricky, repairing is then much quicker.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26/03/2019 3:59 am, Look165 wrote:
The only guilty part can be : mains transtormer, HV diode and HV capacitor.
A magnetron never dies.

**Huh?

In what universe do you imagine that a vacuum tube:

* Does not lose emission?
* Does not suffer a filament failure?

Magnetrons do, indeed, fail. I've replaced quite a number of the years.
Usually, they gradually lose emission and take longer to heat food.
Sometimes, they just fail, due to an O/C filament.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 20:56:32 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/26/19 3:14 PM, tabbypurr wrote:

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair
to save $100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven
that fits a certain space can be tricky, repairing is then
much quicker.

I haven't paid more than $30 for a microwave oven in the past
20 years. And typically between $15-20 at the Good Will.

The two failures I've had were the processor based control from
The first one just quit working. In retrospect it might have
just been something loose from moving to Texas. The other was
a "twist the knob" timer. The knob fell apart. I found a new,
not matching, knob and found out why the old one broke. The
mechanical timer seized up.

One of the microwaves I bought, I paid $10 for and rewound the
transformer to turn it into a spot welder.

But, hey, if you want to spend $100-400 on a microwave oven, be
my guest.

Combi cookers are in that price range, and hard to find used.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

three_jeeps wrote:

https://www.repairfaq.org/sam/micfaq.htm#micpre

like so many documents, too many errors early in the
piece to finish reading.

NT

Care to elaborate on the errors?

** The is nothing wrong with the information in the link.

There is EVERYTHING wrong with NT's lunatic ideas.

The strong and very correct warning out the risk of going inside a microwave oven:

" Careless troubleshooting of a microwave oven can result in death or worse.. Experienced technicians have met their maker as a result of a momentary lapse of judgement while testing an oven with the cover removed. Microwave ovens are without a doubt, the most deadly type of consumer electronic equipment in wide spread use. "

NT is a dangerous, raving nut case who needs to be driven off usenet.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:14:02 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair to save
$100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven that fits a certain
space can be tricky, repairing is then much quicker.

And of course it's not all about the money. AFAIC, the prime motivation
is not throwing out a perfectly serviceable appliance simply because it
"packed up one day" when the fault most often is the failure of some
minor component costing just pennies.

If there's one thing I can't stomach, it's waste. It's verging on
criminal for someone with an electrical background to not even bother to
investigate the cause of a problem in an electrical appliance.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:11:09 -0500, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

A cheap microwave for under $30 used.
And a new toaster oven for under $30.

Any questions?

Your *own* microwave back in service for under $3 worth of parts and half
an hour of your time.
No contest.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/26/19 8:43 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:11:09 -0500, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

A cheap microwave for under $30 used.
And a new toaster oven for under $30.

Any questions?

Your *own* microwave back in service for under $3 worth of parts and half
an hour of your time.
No contest.

Have you priced a mechanical timer? Or a CPU based controller?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, 26 March 2019 22:11:17 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/26/19 4:55 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

Yes. What wally thinks a cheap nuke and a toaster oven is a good replacement for a combi oven?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 02:16:55 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/26/19 8:43 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:11:09 -0500, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

A cheap microwave for under $30 used.
And a new toaster oven for under $30.

Any questions?

Your *own* microwave back in service for under $3 worth of parts and half
an hour of your time.
No contest.

Have you priced a mechanical timer? Or a CPU based controller?

I don't recall paying more than around $3 for a dead nuke for tranplant purposes.
And a lot of faults are cheap parts like diodes & fuses.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair to save $100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven that fits a certain space can be tricky, repairing is then much quicker.

OK - let's cut to the chase:

a) Combination Microwave Ovens are much like BMW cars. Wannabes. As a BMW wannabe a Porsche or Wannabe a Mercedes, but does neither as well, a combination microwave does neither function as well as a dedicated oven. That is not to suggest that a BMW is not a well-made vehicle, but that it is neither a Porsche nor a Mercedes.

b) "For a certain space" - Fitting a function to a specific device has consequences, and in the case of a failure, not good ones. And, for the record, when it comes to a kitchen, aesthetics will ALWAYS defer to function, cleanliness and good light on our house. It is entirely possible to have both, but built-in devices are difficult to service, often difficult to replace quickly - as in on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, or Christmas Eve.

c) Quicker - sure. If the parts are in hand and/or the problem is simple. If not, I could have a new *insert appliance here* installed in our house within 24 hours at the outside, and if on a non-holiday before 8:00 pm, within 2 hours.

d) Waste and Landfill - metal parts, appliances and such in this region go to Acelor-Mittal in Coatesville, PA, where they are shredded, materials separated, then become new steel in the oldest continuously operating steel mill in the United States - over 206 years.

https://usa.arcelormittal.com/our-op...ng/coatesville

https://hsp.org/blogs/archival-adven...iron-and-steel

So, at one level, recycling steel reduces the use of energy, mine waste, transportation, coking, smelting and so forth. And. Acelor's shredding plant pulls out the copper, aluminum, glass and plastics as well - all highly automated.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 21:16:48 -0500, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 3/26/19 8:43 PM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 17:11:09 -0500, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

A cheap microwave for under $30 used.
And a new toaster oven for under $30.

Any questions?

Your *own* microwave back in service for under $3 worth of parts and
half an hour of your time.
No contest.

Have you priced a mechanical timer? Or a CPU based controller?

Why on earth would I? Only a fuse and a diode failed!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 12:44:22 UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 4:14:04 PM UTC-4, tabby wrote:

A simple nonsequitur. You might not wish to do a minor repair to save $100-400, but some do. And sometimes getting an oven that fits a certain space can be tricky, repairing is then much quicker.

OK - let's cut to the chase:

a) Combination Microwave Ovens are much like BMW cars. Wannabes. As a BMW wannabe a Porsche or Wannabe a Mercedes, but does neither as well, a combination microwave does neither function as well as a dedicated oven. That is not to suggest that a BMW is not a well-made vehicle, but that it is neither a Porsche nor a Mercedes.

Firstly that's total rubbish. They also do what a separate nuke & oven never can, even if you don't know how they work.
Second, your opinion on other people's appliance buying decisions really has nothing to do with whether they're better repaired or chucked.
3rd there is nowhere here you can go to buy a used combi cooker, they're seldom sold used, so there is no quick cheap availability.

b) "For a certain space" - Fitting a function to a specific device has consequences, and in the case of a failure, not good ones. And, for the record, when it comes to a kitchen, aesthetics will ALWAYS defer to function, cleanliness and good light on our house. It is entirely possible to have both, but built-in devices are difficult to service, often difficult to replace quickly - as in on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, or Christmas Eve.

too much waffle, a little nonsense. One of the reasons some buyers get combis is lack of enough space for separate appliances. In those cases they're often fitted appliances, making getting a replacment harder & more expensive than a simple new buy.

c) Quicker - sure. If the parts are in hand and/or the problem is simple. If not, I could have a new *insert appliance here* installed in our house within 24 hours at the outside, and if on a non-holiday before 8:00 pm, within 2 hours.

again what do your appliance buying policies have to do with others' choices?

d) Waste and Landfill - metal parts, appliances and such in this region go to Acelor-Mittal in Coatesville, PA, where they are shredded, materials separated, then become new steel in the oldest continuously operating steel mill in the United States - over 206 years.

Guess what, most of the world is not in PA, and most of the world does not run according to US practices.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/27/19 11:56 AM, wrote:
again what do your appliance buying policies have to do with others' choices?

What makes your opinion more valid than his?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 07:25:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, 25 March 2019 20:08:42 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the microwave oven doesn't kill you, perhaps the popcorn will?
"Man shocked to death by exploding microwave"
https://www.news24.com/World/News/man-shocked-to-death-by-exploding-microwave-20181109
Please remember that you have only one life to give to your hobby or
profession.

Which part of a microwave is even capable of explosion?

It's difficult to tell from the article, which offers several
theories. The first paragraph suggests that microwave exploded,
giving him a shock. The fifth paragraph suggests that he was
electrocuted. Forensic investigators are still investigating. The
usual online expert claimed "The high-voltage microwave oven may have
charged something intentionally left inside and caused the explosion"
which I presume means he left a hand grenade in the oven while
preparing the popcorn. Another suggested that he was murdered by his
wife and then blamed the microwave. For all I know, it could have
been the vacuum cleaners fault.

I prefer to believe that he was killed by the popcorn. Popcorn is
normally quite safe prepared in a microwave oven, as long as each
kernel pops at a different time. However, if all the kernels were to
pop at exactly the same time, they might produce a steam explosion.
Statistically, that's very unlikely, but still possible.

This is what happens when I cooked a yam for 16 minutes instead of 6
minutes:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/burned-yam.html
There was no explosion, but there was plenty of fire, smoke, and
stench. When I opened the door, the inside of the yam was glowing
dull red.

Why do microwaves explode?
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-microwaves-explode

And how would said explosion result in electrocution?

Good questions. I don't have an answer. Explosive disassembly
normally disconnects the wires that might present an electrocution
hazard. In this situation, explosive assembly (with burns) is very
unlikely.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 20:12:43 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/27/19 11:56 AM, tabbypurr wrote:

again what do your appliance buying policies have to do with others' choices?

What makes your opinion more valid than his?

ookay. I'm done here.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 12:33:45 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

... there is no reason on this planet to attempt to repair
such a device...

Waving money at me is usually sufficient reason.

I've only repaired a few microwave ovens. Maybe 10 or so. Most of
the repairs were inspired by the owner having purchased a microwave
oven that was built into a kitchen cabinet, RV cabinet, or was in some
way unique (i.e. smart kitchen with remote controls). All of them
were quite old. Amazingly, I was able to find old stock parts, but at
the usual exorbitant prices. I charged far more for the repair than
the cost of a new microwave oven. None of the owners complained about
the price.

Incidentally, one of these oven repairs had a few broken plastic
parts. I had a machine shop make one from my drawings. It was NOT
cheap. Today, I might try a 3D printing service for appliance parts:
https://3dprint.com/138241/happy-3d-replacement-parts/
https://www.yeggi.com/q/appliance+parts/
etc...

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 18:13:55 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

On 2019/03/27 5:36 p.m., Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 07:25:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Monday, 25 March 2019 20:08:42 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

If the microwave oven doesn't kill you, perhaps the popcorn will?

This is what happens when I cooked a yam for 16 minutes instead of 6
minutes:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/burned-yam.html
There was no explosion, but there was plenty of fire, smoke, and
stench. When I opened the door, the inside of the yam was glowing
dull red.

You aren't married, are you Jeff?

Yes, I are not married, and yes, I are Jeff. (Please don't ask a
negative question, and then append a positive question. It's rather
confusing):
https://theweek.com/articles/451975/problem-positive-answers-negative-questions

Most of the women I invite to my lair initially look around in silent
shock, and then ask "You live like this"? I've discovered over the
years that this means that they are calculating if it possible to
domesticate me. The answer is usually clear when they discover two
refrigerators in the kitchen. A small one for food, and a larger one
for chemicals, batteries, and emergency supplies. Punching 16 minutes
into the microwave oven timer instead of 6 minutes is a much lesser
crime.

If you are then she is a gem if she lets you blow stuff up in the kitchen!

It didn't explode. I just shot flaming "guts of yam" all over the
oven walls, filled the kitchen with smoke, set off the smoke alarm,
and smelled rather awful for about a month. The painted (or possibly
powder coated) white interior of the Panasonic inverter oven was badly
stained orange by the yam smoke. None of the common kitchen chemicals
would remove the stains. I decided that toxic chemicals in the
microwave was a bad idea, so I resorted to small right angle buffer
and some abrasive grit. That was sufficient to make the oven
presentable. However, I had to tear it apart to clean the ducting,
where the common kitchen cleaners were functional.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:43:41 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

You aren't married, are you Jeff?

Yes, I are not married, and yes, I are Jeff. (Please don't ask a
negative question, and then append a positive question. It's rather
confusing):

LOL! You're a twit Jeff, but the kind of twit I love!!

Actually, his statement is far more clumsy when written. When said out-loud, it's not nearly as confusing (although admittedly still incorrect). Said out loud, it might sound like two sentences - one a statement, and the other a question asked after considering the statement part.

Funny stuff though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2019/03/28 5:04 a.m., John-Del wrote:
On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:43:41 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

You aren't married, are you Jeff?

Yes, I are not married, and yes, I are Jeff. (Please don't ask a
negative question, and then append a positive question. It's rather
confusing):

LOL! You're a twit Jeff, but the kind of twit I love!!

Actually, his statement is far more clumsy when written. When said out-loud, it's not nearly as confusing (although admittedly still incorrect). Said out loud, it might sound like two sentences - one a statement, and the other a question asked after considering the statement part.

Funny stuff though.

Jeeze, I put a comma where it doesn't belong and get a holy !@#$ storm!

(ducking).

Opps!