Old March 15th 19, 10:58 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How do they put the flux in solder?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 14:37:57 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

On Friday, 15 March 2019 20:17:53 UTC, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 12:20:08 -0700, John Robertson wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how they put the filling in the
Cadbury Caramel bars...

Form the caramel bars, freeze them, dip in a vat of hot chocolate and
lay flat on a cold surface until set?

"An enrober operates by first dipping the bottom part of a confection in
a bath of liquid (chocolate is the primary coating used with such
equipment). The item then passes through a curtain of liquid to complete
the task."

Yes, that makes sense, both as a way to get a coating on the underside
and of the shape or the top and side coating.

Do you know whether the core needs to be chilled? I'm just thinking that
some fillings are very soft and that chilling them would stop them
deforming while being coated and then while the chocolate is setting.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old March 16th 19, 10:14 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, 15 March 2019 21:58:20 UTC, Martin Gregorie wrote:
[...]

Some fillings are chilled - ice cream certainly has to be

NT
Old March 16th 19, 07:29 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 3/16/19 5:14 AM, wrote:
[...]

Jearl Walker did an Amateur Scientist article on 'frozen Floridas',
which are sort of inside-out Baked Alaska--solid chocolate with liqueur
inside that you heat in the microwave.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

As interesting as all this confectioners lore is, it has
absolutely NOTHING to do with flux cored solder....

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 18:54:17 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

As interesting as all this confectioners lore is, it has
absolutely NOTHING to do with flux cored solder....

I don't think that's true. Why, just the other day I was brushing my
teeth with striped toothpaste after eating some some hard candy discs
that had a valentine heart shape that went clean through the candy and
it got me to thinking about multi core solder and how they make the
stuff. So there.
Eric

Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how they put the filling in the Cadbury
Caramel bars...

This sort of gets off the topic of solder, but others explained that
fairly well. however I imagine they fill the candy the same way jelly
filled donut (sweet rolls) are filled. I once asked a baker how they do
it, and he said it's injected with a device similar to a syringe. A
plastic point is shoved into the donut and the jelly injected.

A large object like a donut or candy seems a lot more easy than that
thin solder.