Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default what makes radios drift from the proper tuning?

On 2/19/19 6:58 PM, micky wrote:
I am going away for a while and I want to use timers to turn on lights
and also a radio, but some radios get so far out of tune, even when I
don't touch them, that almost nothing comes out, and I'd like the radio
to continue to play the station clearly.

Are you afraid some border-hoppin' thief is going to steal your stuff?

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall around your house. Open borders don't work.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On 2/21/2019 5:48 AM, devnull wrote:
On 2/19/19 6:58 PM, micky wrote:
I am going away for a while and I want to use timers to turn on lights
and also a radio, but some radios get so far out of tune, even when I
don't touch them, that almost nothing comes out, and I'd like the radio
to continue to play the station clearly.

Are you afraid some border-hoppin' thief is going to steal your stuff?

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall around your house.Â* Open borders don't work.

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â* She also has people with guns protecting her home as well.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:48:33 AM UTC-5, devnull wrote:

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall around your house. Open borders don't work.

All walls around properties do is give the thieves shelter from outside eyes.
All lights do around properties is give thieves light to work with.

All that is necessary to prevent thievery is for *your* house to be a little bit tougher than the next house. Much as I do not have to be faster than the bear, just one other person.

Dogs work well. And being home at the target time. Given that most burglaries happen between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm - when most people are at work or at school. And in the better neighborhoods, a panel van will drive up, a couple of individuals get out in jump suits and carrying clip-boards. One might set up a power-washer or some such.... you get the picture.

In the next township over from us, a truck delivered some cheap furniture, in boxes, and loaded up all the good stuff prior to leaving. Brilliant.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 6:32:07 AM UTC-5, George wrote:

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â* She also has people with guns protecting her home as well.

No, it does not. And the Orange Toad squats behind a fence, not a wall.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 4:28:11 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 6:32:07 AM UTC-5, George wrote:

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â*
She also has people with guns protecting her home as well.

No, it does not. And the Orange Toad squats behind a fence, not a wall.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

The SNR here is getting to be like rec.radio.shortwave...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On 2/19/19 6:58 PM, micky wrote:
I am going away for a while and I want to use timers to turn on lights
and also a radio, but some radios get so far out of tune, even when I
don't touch them, that almost nothing comes out, and I'd like the radio
to continue to play the station clearly.

Are you afraid some border-hoppin' thief is going to steal your stuff?

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall
around your house.Â* Open borders don't work.

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â* She also has
people with guns protecting her home as well.

With people like you in this country, I can certainly understand her
worries.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...ind-high-wall/

Facts here.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

On 2/19/19 6:58 PM, micky wrote:
I am going away for a while and I want to use timers to turn on lights
and also a radio, but some radios get so far out of tune, even when I
don't touch them, that almost nothing comes out, and I'd like the radio
to continue to play the station clearly.

Are you afraid some border-hoppin' thief is going to steal your stuff?

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall around your house.Â* Open borders don't work.

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â* She also has people with guns protecting her home as well.

With people like you in this country, I can certainly understand her worries.

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile has killed more people than my handguns.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 1:12:37 PM UTC-5, George wrote:

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile has killed more people than my handguns.

As it happens, it was the water, not the car. And the car is a tool of the driver, much as weapons are the tool of the user.

You really are a Maroon!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2/19/19 6:58 PM, micky wrote:
I am going away for a while and I want to use timers to turn on lights
and also a radio, but some radios get so far out of tune, even when I
don't touch them, that almost nothing comes out, and I'd like the radio
to continue to play the station clearly.

Are you afraid some border-hoppin' thief is going to steal your stuff?

The most effective way to keep the criminals out is to build a wall around your house.Â* Open borders don't work.

Nancy Pelosi has an immoral wall around her compound.Â* She also has people with guns protecting her home as well.

With people like you in this country, I can certainly understand her worries.

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile has killed more people than my handguns.

You shouldn't pick on our American Treasures.

Ted Kennedy is reverently known as "The Naval Hero of Chappaquiddick"..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 1:48:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 1:12:37 PM UTC-5, George wrote:

Ted Kennedy's Oldsmobile has killed more people than my handguns.

As it happens, it was the water, not the car. And the car is a tool of the driver, much as weapons are the tool of the user.

You really are a Maroon!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Yeah, but the car was still the instrument in her death. She was trapped in the Oldsmobile and couldn't escape from it. If she was thrown clear of the Olds, she would have lived assuming she could swim, and assuming she would have "survived" being a witness to an incident that included a Kennedy and a woman not his wife..

Maroon is such a underappreciated hue..