Old February 20th 19, 11:39 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Scratchy volume control.

Ian Jackson wrote
:
Phil Allison
John Robertson insane WD-40 HATER wrote:

There are a number of good professional spray products for fixing bad
volume controls. I use M G Products Nu-Trol and my customers are happy
with the results. Use a spray that is specifically for volume controls
as the composition of the sprays varies from ones for switches, etc..

** Same composition as WD-40 at *many times* the price.

Do NOT use WD-40!!!!!(and on!!! and on!!!)

John :-#)#

** Wot a bloody lunatic.

.... Phil

I feel that the horrors of WD40 are greatly exaggerated.

** The name is WD40 - not WMD40.

Since I lost my
tube of 'the real thing' (about 40 years ago) I've occasionally used
WD40 as a switch and volume control cleaner - and I've never had a
problem with it.
--

** Nor has anyone else.

.... Phil

Old February 21st 19, 12:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 8:52:40 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:

** Same composition as WD-40 at *many times* the price.

Twit:

Please note on the description: "Moderate Evaporation", and then try to learn something not covered by your closely held beliefs. Or are you one of those who wishes to have it both ways?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old February 21st 19, 07:58 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Some utter ****WIT & moron called wrote:

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 8:52:40 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:

** Same composition as WD-40 at *many times* the price.

Twit:

** Vile troll.

Please note on the description: "Moderate Evaporation",

** Please do the planet a favour - go top yourself.

Autistic nut cases like are no use to anyone.

..... Phil

Old February 21st 19, 08:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:58:18 -0800 (PST), Phil
Allison wrote:

Some utter ****WIT & moron called wrote:

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 8:52:40 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:

** Same composition as WD-40 at *many times* the price.

Twit:

** Vile troll.

Please note on the description: "Moderate Evaporation",

** Please do the planet a favour - go top yourself.

Autistic nut cases like are no use to anyone.

.... Phil

Are you in the correct NG? Are you lost?
Old February 21st 19, 08:46 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:41:12 -0800, John Robertson
wrote:

On 2019/02/19 5:06 p.m., Peter Jason wrote:
I have one of these......

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1VHkWsb9MY0/maxresdefault.jpg

The volume control wheel (at the side) has lost
all fine-tuning capability, and makes appalling
noises when operated as it jumps at random from
high to low volume.

Is there a fix; is it a loose connection, dust or
grit in the works? Should I just flush it out.

Otherwise the radio works well.

There are a number of good professional spray products for fixing bad
volume controls. I use M G Products Nu-Trol and my customers are happy
with the results. Use a spray that is specifically for volume controls
as the composition of the sprays varies from ones for switches, etc..

Do NOT use WD-40!!!!!(and on!!! and on!!!)

John :-#)#

Would finely-powdered graphite work in this case.
Like the type used for door locks?

Old February 21st 19, 08:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Peter Jason wrote:

Are you in the correct NG? Are you lost?

** You are obviously lost AND on the wrong NG.

Smart arsed ****s like you are a dime a dozen you know.

..... Phil

Old February 21st 19, 08:54 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Some retard called Peter Jason wrote:

Would finely-powdered graphite work in this case.
Like the type used for door locks?

** Yeah - go ahead use plenty of it.

It can only be good for electronics.

...... Phil
Old February 21st 19, 08:54 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 3:46:30 PM UTC-5, Peter Jason wrote:

Would finely-powdered graphite work in this case.
Like the type used for door locks?

Graphite is a rather good conductor. Not an ideal material for the purpose.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old February 22nd 19, 08:41 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

No.
1. It does not remove the gunk causing bad contact
2. It tends to short the resistance in use
3. It tends to create a short from track to case, which sometimes would be a problem.

It was sometimes used in the 1940s on pot tracks that had worn away, but that is not likely to be the problem, and certainly was not used by pouring powder in, and was at best a temporary bodge.

NT
Old February 22nd 19, 06:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Imagine if our Tourette's Twit from Australia were to engage in its little fits face-to-face with its neighbors, acquaintances and customers?

Dubious that it would still be alive, much less at liberty.

I have often thought about asking a friend of mine who travels throughout the Down Under on a regular basis to see if he can get a picture of Mr. Allison - just for giggles. He is an ordained minister, so no threat.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA