Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What about the Contact Cleaner sold at Walmart?

I noticed that Walmart sells a aerosol can of what is called "Contact
Cleaner". (For electrical switches and stuff like that).
I have never used it.

In the old days I used Radio Shack's contact cleaner. These days I use
Deoxit, and I think Deoxit is a great product. But Deoxit is quite
expensive, and has to be mail ordered. For expensive electronics,
potentiometers, and similar, I'll use Deoxit, but for common slide
switches, push on connectors, and other non-critical items, I'd like
something cheaper to use, and easier to buy.

I have to wait till I get ot Walmart again, but if I recall, I think the
brand is GC Electronics, and it sells for about $5 to $6 a can. It's
sold in the automotive department (along with other chemicals such as
carb cleaner).

Have any of you used it? Is it any good?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Pay ****, get ****."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I noticed that Walmart sells a aerosol can of what is called "Contact
Cleaner". (For electrical switches and stuff like that).
I have never used it.

In the old days I used Radio Shack's contact cleaner. These days I use
Deoxit, and I think Deoxit is a great product. But Deoxit is quite
expensive, and has to be mail ordered. For expensive electronics,
potentiometers, and similar, I'll use Deoxit, but for common slide
switches, push on connectors, and other non-critical items, I'd like
something cheaper to use, and easier to buy.

I have to wait till I get ot Walmart again, but if I recall, I think the
brand is GC Electronics, and it sells for about $5 to $6 a can. It's
sold in the automotive department (along with other chemicals such as
carb cleaner).

Have any of you used it? Is it any good?

GC DE OX ID. Some like it. I have it but not really used much to tell. MG
has some decent products. Try some CRC 2-26 it's more of an oily cleaner.

Greg