Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-ES20 Problem

Hi,

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR-ES20, issue. When you plug
it in (AC outlet), the rolling "ooooooo" (initializing/recovery) never ends.
I can force it to go into standby by holding the Power button (on front panel)
for 10 seconds. Now there is a flashing "12:00AM". Next, I press the power
button on unit or remote, and a "Hello" appears. Normally, the "Hello"
appears for a few seconds, then goes away. Now, "Hello" stays on for hours
(endless). I did not wait to see how many hours. Note: If I hold the power
button for 10 seconds on the unit, the display changes back to the flashing
"12:00AM". However, I still can NOT use this recorder.

FYI: I "Googled" for a solution to this problem, but all I found out,
I am NOT the only one with this problem.

The last time I posted this problem several months ago, I received
several replies with a variety of suggestions that I had already tried.

PLEASE, I am looking for someone who had the EXACT SAME problem with
this model, "DMR-ES20" (NO letters after "20"), and he/she FIXED IT. What
did you do to fix this problem?

Thank You in advance, John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Again.... and again..... and again.....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 8:42:32 PM UTC-5, Terry Schwartz wrote:
Again.... and again..... and again.....

I actually gave him enough information the last two times he posted to fix this, but he's waiting for that magic bullet (you know - change D6130 on the main board type of help). I would have (and could have) been a bit more specific but he was very snarkish in that he wanted the specific part number and location, or no help at all.

I've fixed many of those Panasonic DVD/(VHS) recorders, and there are several reasons why they won't finish the boot which is what's going on with that Panasonic. I have a pretty good idea which type of component he needs, but it could be one of several which all cause the same symptom.

His best bet is to give it to professional to fix, buy a working one on ebay, or just move on.