Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Using a Signal Generator for an "In Home" radio transmitter

On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 11:09:38 AM UTC-5, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!

Heh, I keep seeing people totally oblivious to the requirement
of an AM transmitter for BCB AM radios.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!

Heh, I keep seeing people totally oblivious to the requirement
of an AM transmitter for BCB AM radios.

I was oblivious to your requirement, you made that clear. I just
wanted to let people know what I do, and to make them aware of the old
radio programs available over the internet. Listening to Dragnet as I
write, on an FM radio!

Mikek

btw, has anyone tried a class E amplifier as an AM transmitter?
Base/gate drive is transmit frequency, B+ is the audio.
I'll google it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/8/19 6:10 PM, amdx wrote:
btw, has anyone tried a class E amplifier as an AM transmitter?
Â*Base/gate drive is transmit frequency, B+ is the audio.
I'll google it.

On of the "Impress kids" kit is an AM transmitter.
It's 1 MHz TTL crystal oscillator.
The Vcc is fed through an audio transformer.

Pretty slick, an AM transmitter with only 2 parts.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/8/2019 6:49 PM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/8/19 6:10 PM, amdx wrote:
btw, has anyone tried a class E amplifier as an AM transmitter?
Â*Â*Base/gate drive is transmit frequency, B+ is the audio.
I'll google it.

On of the "Impress kids" kit is an AM transmitter.
It's 1 MHz TTL crystal oscillator.
The Vcc is fed through an audio transformer.

Pretty slick, an AM transmitter with only 2 parts.

Ya, I found some, you do need some DC bias on the secondary of the
transformer.
See page 21, 2nd page from bottom.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wKR236T gSS4v

Here's an AM transmitter with 3 parts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGs-IX_B2s

Mikek

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/8/19 9:19 AM, amdx wrote:
into my FM transmitter

And how is that supposed to work with a bunch of AM radios?

You feed the headphone jack of the FM radio into an AM XMTR...

Sheesh Jeff!!

Heh, I keep seeing people totally oblivious to the requirement
of an AM transmitter for BCB AM radios.

I was oblivious to your requirement, you made that clear. I just
wanted to let people know what I do, and to make them aware of the old
radio programs available over the internet. Listening to Dragnet as I
write, on an FM radio!

Aside from not being AM, I plan to give that link a listen. Sounds like
fun listening to those old radio shows. (By the way, those shows were
probably all broadcast on AM. FM did not exist at that time).