Old January 23rd 19, 07:29 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Calibrated dial knob repair

Cutting to the chase, our younger cat (5-year old Maine Coon mix, 18 pounds, 7 ounces) nearly died of kidney stones (Struvite stones). We have had the two of them on Royal Canin SO since then (2 years now). Comes as wet or dry - and it seems to work. Might be a consideration.... ;-)

https://www.chewy.com/royal-canin-ve...saAoaGEALw_wcB

Plenty of Taurine!

It seems to help them keep their weight "good" as well. The big guy (at 21 pounds) has no bladder or kidney issues, but he gained weight on Meow Mix. Back down to a (relatively) svelte 21 pounds now, from 24 at peak. He can still jump to the top of the refrigerator from a standing start.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old January 23rd 19, 07:30 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 2:18:57 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I was given the same info by the urologist, but I've found out that just about everyone I spoke to about kidney stones were all big tea drinkers. While tea may not have any calcium oxalate, it may cause some sort of unknown reaction that will somehow foment something in the body that creates stones.

I switched to green tea (black tea is supposedly worse as are dark sodas), have just one cup at night during the winter, and chase it with a glass of water right before bed.

I doubt that the doctors have any idea about what to drink.

I am 68 and have drank Southern Black sweet tea as almost my only drink
when I can get it. Never had a stone.

Fellow at work is a few years younger and he does not drink soft drinks.
He has stones all the time.

But we're talking about restrictions for folks who have a propensity to develop stones. People who have had one will usually get dozens or more in their lifetime.

Some people have to watch their sugar and carbs like a hawk. My A1C last checkup was 5.0. I can eat sugar all day long and not worry about diabetes, and I'm 61 years old. Those (like my wife) whose A1C is higher have to watch their carbs and are given certain diet restrictions.

So we're not saying that a certain food or drink will give you stones, we're saying that those folks who are susceptible to kidney stones have specific foods and drink on their moderation list.

Old January 23rd 19, 07:42 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 2:30:06 PM UTC-5, John-Del wrote:

But we're talking about restrictions for folks who have a propensity to develop stones. People who have had one will usually get dozens or more in their lifetime.

I worked with a woman in her 20s that started getting stones when she was 19. Her Doc put her on, must have been, 20 types of diets, and 30 types of supplements of one sort or another.

What finally worked reasonably well was a diet that included a fair amount of lemon or lime juice and one (1) 12-ounce beer each evening. So she had some Corona with her lime juice. Her Doc pretty much took the position that every person is different, and every person needs to find what works, which will not be the same as what works for someone else.
Old January 23rd 19, 10:27 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/23/19 11:43 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Same with many plant based foods (kale, spinach, etc).

Popeye, the untold story.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0