DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sub a KA3842 with a TL3842 ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/627384-sub-ka3842-tl3842.html)

[email protected] December 19th 18 03:53 AM

sub a KA3842 with a TL3842 ?

got a monitor chassis with a bad ka3842. i have a tl3842, but am not well versed enough to compare via datasheets. can i do the substitution?

thanks

John-Del[_2_] December 19th 18 09:12 PM

sub a KA3842 with a TL3842 ?

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 10:54:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
got a monitor chassis with a bad ka3842. i have a tl3842, but am not well versed enough to compare via datasheets. can i do the substitution?

thanks

Not telling you what to do (and I didn't go through every parameter), but they're close enough where I'd try it.

I might disconnect the output to make sure it doesn't cause an over volt in case the feedback is different.