Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Maybe I need another 'scope?

"I have a TEK 465B oscilloscope and it has served me well until now
diagnosing my CNC equipment. All the voltages I have needed to measure have been below 50 volts. But looking at the 'scope it seems like at the 10x setting on the probes the highest voltage I can measure is 200 volts. That's 4 divisions at 50 volts per division. And that's peak to peak, not RMS. I do have one 20x TEK probe, a P5120, that I used for measuring the mains power, but the voltages inside tube equipment go much higher. "

Get a 100:1 probe. They have them on eBay for less than $20. If you don't like eBay there are alternatives. that will igve you 500V/div. at the highest setting. Don't use it on AC coupling though it takes 10 times as long to settle. Well you can buti t takes 10 times as long to settle.

"If you all think another 'scope should be in my future I would love some advice. "

The only way a scope would help is if you get an older one that goes up to 20V/div. which would be 200V/div. at 10:1. I keep at least one around just for that. A probe is cheaper unless you want to trade me that 465B for an older Tenma or B&K or something with the higher voltage ranges, but only 15 or 20 MHz bandwidth.

"Now before everybody starts giving me advice about high voltages

and all that I need everybody to know that I am expert and know all
there is to know about working with high voltages."

Famous last words, right up there with "y'all watch this" but I am not your Mommy. I can tell you this, you ain't been shocked until you been shocked by tube equipment. If you really want some thrills try the cathode of a damper tube in a color TV from the 1960s.

"Don't waste my time telling me to put down my drink before I start working around high voltages."

That is a very foolhardy attitude, you could spill it !

"I always use plastic cups for my drinks when working with

high voltages."

Pussy.

"Oh, and I don't put any salt on the rims of my Bloody

Marys either."

That's a tokillya sunrise you sot.

"They keep my hands from shaking too much in the morning."

The shakes is not from alcohol withdrawal, it is from mineral deficiencies. Get a comprehensive colloidal supplement and take a shot of that before your eye opener every morning.

"I just watched a video about isolation transformers, how to build

one in a proper enclosure and how to use it properly."

Don't bother with tube equipment unless it is blowing the line fuse. It doesn't like variacs much especially if it has a tube rectifier. Actually if you have selenium rectifiers use a DBT with all the tubes pulled. Also -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9UjxG8sN1c

"And if anybody here thinks I could use some more advice about working around high voltages..."

If we don't hear from you anymore we'll figure yes. Update your will.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

A proper Bloody Mary has a salted rim.

Low potassium will cause cramps and shakes. Oranges, orange Juice, a banana, and so forth will address that issue nicely. V8 juice as well, tomato juice, more so.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

A banana is an edible fruit €“ botanically a berry €“ produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called "plantains", distinguishing them from dessert bananas.

Nutrition Facts
Bananas
Amount Per 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (118 g)
Calories 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 422 mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%
Dietary fiber 3.1 g 12%
Sugar 14 g
Protein 1.3 g 2%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 20%
Cobalamin 0% Magnesium 8%

Generally, the USDA does a pretty good nutritional analysis.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/26/18 2:01 PM, wrote:
[...]

Pretty good for nutrition facts, probably, but that's damning with faint
praise.

The fact that they're quoting potassium to three significant figures is
also not confidence-inspiring. That number is almost 1% of the dry
weight of the banana--if the soil isn't rich in potassium, where is it
going to come from?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Yah, all that trace mineral nutritional data is super dodgy. Some grad student in the '50s measured three bananas from a plot fertilized with potash, and surprise surprise all bananas became "a good source of potassium" forever, no matter what soil conditions they're grown in."

Not dodgy, just that it is so much more profitable when people are in the dark. The obscene medical costs in the US, WHO GETS THAT MONEY ?

Reputable scientific sources recognize 24 minerals as essential, that means needed, for human life. Potassium is one that we need alot of, and it is a good thing that ALL plants have alot of it. sodium, at needing about 600-700 mg. is another large requirement, if you don't get enough, other than fainting spells guess what you got - HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. Fancy that.

It is not dodgy but the real information is hard to find. I have a database on the subject with those references at the bottom, the little numbers etc.., and I checked out a few and they were legit. So there is no bull**** here. In fact even the USDA recognizes those same 24 as essential but they do not publicize it. You guess why, that instead of telling people what they really need they would rather push carbs and allow things that run up the heart disease and diabetes rates.

"Nutrition 'science' is largely a cargo cult."

Well I am 58 and my health does nothing but improve and I eat a variety of foods, based on my theories of mineral nutrition. I drink bacon grease and use buckets of salt, eat fat and all that **** and my numbers would make a soy boy drool in his alfalfa sprouts. I mean BP like 115/60, cholesterol 138 at 1.89, (that's right one point eight nine) and about seven months after the accident I beat their stress test and didn't hit target heart rate with everything they could throw at me. I don't get sick, my back only hurts where there is a fracture at L1 from the fall, and I have again started to shadow box with hand weights, used to use 15s but now use 10s. The 15s got broken actually... And I still have all my teethe and hair. Very little gray.. (I think it was tin (Sn) deficiency that turns hair gray as well as affects the hearing. My hearing DOES suck though but I used to listen at 136dB for a long time. (I **** you not) My eyesight always sucked.

Many years ago I lived on fast food, pizza n **** and my knees were so bad I couldn't walk DOWN a flight of steps without excruciating pain, I also had chronic back problems. Once I learned how to really eat right, and the USDA has no clue, I improved drastically. Even my roids are about gone. The only broken bones I have ever had, despite the fights, car wrecks and all that **** were ribs and fingers. I used to lay on the floor and have a full grown Man stand on my chest as I smoked a cigarette. I used to work out with a cigarette or a joint in my mouth hitting it, not breathing as "they" say and now my ECG shows a prolonged QT, I don't know if that caused it or not, but it is possible. With my BP, the pulse pressure is so high it's like I have the heart of a 19 year old, and up until recently when I got a hardon I could probably hang ten pound on it.

If I had done what "they" say,I would have had knee replacements, possibly even hips, fused vertebrae, root canal and all the other **** Men my age need.

But I don't.

If you want my database email me and I'll send you a ZIP file with 25 web pages in it all written in HTML1, no chance of a virus or anything, not one character that wouldn't show up properly in Notepad.

Then you can decide who to believe.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 2:01:14 PM UTC-5, wrote:
A banana is an edible fruit €“ botanically a berry €“ produced by several kinds of large herbaceous flowering plants in the genus Musa.. In some countries, bananas used for cooking may be called "plantains", distinguishing them from dessert bananas.

Nutrition Facts as if they know
Bananas
Amount Per 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) (118 g)
Calories 105 does not mean a thing
% Daily Value* for whom ?
Total Fat 0.4 g 0% means nothing
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0% means nothing
Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g means nothing
Monounsaturated fat 0 g means nothing
Cholesterol 0 mg 0% means nothing
Sodium 1 mg 0% means very little unless you are deficient in other minerals or only use table salt with the anti-clumping agent in it
Potassium 422 mg 12% average
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9% the less the better
Dietary fiber 3.1 g 12% means nothing
Sugar 14 g the less the better
Protein 1.3 g 2% the more the better
Vitamin A 1% means very little
Vitamin C 17% should not mean anything but it does for the last 10,000 years or so, I suspect SOME do not need it but don't take the chance
Calcium 0% very important to get
Iron 1% also important
Vitamin D 0% somewhat important
Vitamin B-6 20% means nothing unkless injected intravenously
Cobalamin 0% means very litle
Magnesium 8% important

Generally, the USDA does a pretty good nutritional analysis.

Actually no they do not.

I got the balls to say that ? YES. You want the database ? Email me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Remember that crying wolf is useful only when the wolf exists,is a threat - and your audience is not tired of hearing about it.

Rodale died on-camera just after claiming he would live to be 100.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 11:55:03 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Yah, all that trace mineral nutritional data is super dodgy. Some grad
student in the '50s measured three bananas from a plot fertilized with
potash, and surprise surprise all bananas became "a good source of
potassium" forever, no matter what soil conditions they're grown in.

Nutrition 'science' is largely a cargo cult.
Cheers
Phil Hobbs

At first, I thought it has to be much better than that. I couldn't
find anything specific on the equipment or methods that the FDA uses
to populate the ubiquitous nutrition facts label except that its
derived from a database maintained by the US Dept of Agricultu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrition_facts_label
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/
Only 928 different banana foods lists. Ugh. Selecting a raw banana
from the list, I find:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/09040?fgcd=&manu=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=&so rt=default&order=asc&qlookup=banana&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa =&qn=&q=&ing=
containing Potassium between 290mg and 806mg per 100gram banana
depending on how it's pre-processed. Click on "full report" button
for a list of accepted values and long lists of data sources.

A similar discussion:
"How do they measure the nutritional data of food? How accurate are
the labels?"
https://www.quora.com/How-do-they-measure-the-nutritional-data-of-food-How-accurate-are-the-labels
https://www.quora.com/How-are-the-nutrition-facts-on-food-labels-verified
In the majority of cases, the producer of a food product
looks up each of the ingredients in a food database, and
determine the nutritional contribution of each ingredient
in the recipe based on it's weight. The USDA maintains
a large database of foods (raw and processed) for reference.

Perhaps you're correct. The USDA data might be garbage, assuming the
database was originally populated with inaccurate data, and that no
effort has been made to fix the problem. Maybe just add a few more
significant figures to the data so that it looks more accurate.

Banana:
https://www.checkyourfood.com/ingredients/ingredient/62/banana
Not high in potassium as popularly thought but still good
for your immune system and mood.
Oops. No wonder my ancient Geiger counter doesn't show much activity
from the K-40.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_equivalent_dose

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'd be super glad to be corrected on those points--I'd far prefer to
have confidence in the data I'm presented with, especially since some of
the conclusions I'm invited to make have serious health repercussions.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 21:16:31 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 11/26/18 5:10 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/

I'd be super glad to be corrected on those points--I'd far prefer to
have confidence in the data I'm presented with, especially since some of
the conclusions I'm invited to make have serious health repercussions.
Cheers
Phil Hobbs

Well, if I can't convince you that the USDA Food Composition Database
is reasonably accurate by the number of decimal places, voluminous
source data, and the large number of citations, perhaps a "what-if"
sanity check might be helpful. That's what I do when an assertion or
conclusion doesn't quite ring true. I ask myself:
If the USDA database was populated in the 1950's by slave
labor (grad students) and never verified, what might I
also expect to be true or to happen?

1. The data would conflict by food databases from other countries.
For example, Australia:
http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/science/monitoringnutrients/ausnut/ausnutdatafiles/Pages/foodnutrient.aspx
Line number 2653 for
"Banana, cavendish, peeled, raw"
shows 346mg potassium, which is quite close to the USDA nominal figure
of 358mg per 100grams. I haven't checked any other databases, but I
can look around for discrepancies if necessary.

2. Food and supplement producers that rely on potency claims to sell
their products would have an interest in stabilizing the official
figures so that their products would always be higher potency than
typical. A common variation of this need for stability is the
declared weight of the contents of packaged food. The weight can be
greater, but never less than the stated value (unless the listed item
is deemed undesirable). Same with nutritional values.

3. The nutritional values listed have been used in thousands of
health and medical experiments since the database was corrected. If
there were any errors, experiments based on the data would also show
discrepancies or at least large variations in results which would
attract suspicion. I haven't seen any of that in the press.

Enough for now.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Enough for now."

Not quite.

I do not question their numerical accuracy, and in fact it really isn't all that critical nor could it be.

Vitamins are irrelevant, minerals are what you need. Their numerical accuracy means nothing, like the number of grains of rice per capita in Zimbabwe. (probably among the lowest in the world lol)

I would like to see the figures on all 24 of the minerals recognized as essential by every health organization in the world not run by hyenas. And being essential, and recognized as such, how come they are not out spreading information about that ?

Energy, ba. Fiber, I **** just fine. What's next, ash like in fish food ? Gimme the numbers on the minerals dammit.

Database for the email. Draw your own conclusions. Don't say I didn't offer..

Look at;

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/s...a=&qn=&q=&ing=

TWENTY FOUR recognized as ESSENTIAL. Count how many they give. And it is impossible for the ones not mentioned to be of insignificant quantity because the livestock is given mineral (not vitamin)supplements. They require approximately the same 24 we do, and they are there but not reported.

Here they give more;

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/12078

Why ? Beef bone broth MUST have more different minerals in it than ANY plant for the same reason we need them.Plants do not move, breathe, think, talk, any of that ****. they are fertilized with what they need,nit what we need. The producers are paid by the pound,not the content. Why pay like 50 times as much on enriching the soil for ZERO PROFIT. Most people don't know **** about essential minerals so it is of absolutely no advertising value. With that and extremely higher costs of operation, would YOU ? Would YOU care enough about your fellow Man to go broke giving them good foods in the market with zero recognition for it, and like I said, go broke. Your kids starve so total strangers are more healthy ?

That is not the American way, hell that is not the anything way.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Let's look at this a bit more closely:

Aluminum Oxide, Titanium, Strontium, Barium, Zirconium, Fluorine, Cerium, Rubidium, Chlorine, Lanthanium, Nickel, Neodymium, Praeseodymium, Gallium, Cadmium, Scandium, Molybdenum, Cobalt, Lithium, Niobium, Samarium, Thorium, Mafnium, Cesium, Gadolinium, Holmium, Dysprosium, Uranium, Bromine, Europium, Tin, Antimony, Ytterbium, Terbium, Tungsten, Mercury, Silver, Tantalum, Thuliam, Luteium, Indium, Shenium, Beryllium, Erbium, Thallium, Bismuth, Germanium, Iridium, Rhodium, Palladium, Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen.

The above are included in the "72" list as advertised by any number of trace-mineral supplement sites.

Not listed are the more obvious items such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, chloride, sulfur, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, zinc, cobalt, fluoride and selenium. Which get you to the 72.

Cadmium is highly toxic (and cumulative) in other than vanishingly small amounts. And, is listed amongst the Most toxic elements together with Beryllium, Chromium, Selenium (necessary, but too much is highly toxic), cesium and a few others. Brute fact: Most of the items on that first list are sufficiently toxic that any amount one could see in its pure form would be a bad idea to ingest. And even in its most common salt (sodium chloride as one example), moderation would be advised at the least, and avoidance more likely..

The problem with listing items as 'necessary for life' without further discussion is that the issue of toxicity is ignored. Vitamin A is good. Too much is toxic. Iron is good, too much is toxic - and so forth.

There is a theory that Human blood apart from specific cells approximates the structure of seawater when the human precursors first popped up - and so the need for these "72" were born. And as with most life, certain creatures 'fix' certain elements - such as mushrooms and selenium, bananas and potassium, shrimp and iodine - you get the picture. Omnivores - creatures with long guts, but a single stomach - generally are exposed to all that they need based on their eating habits. But, not always. Goiter and Iodine is an example of that phenomenon.

Cutting to the chase, the problems with identifying _every_ trace element a

a) That an element is present does not make it necessary.
b) If the mechanism by which it functions is not understood, then neither is the difference between therapeutic and toxic levels.
c) Enough may be enough, but too much is quite often deadly. And in the case of some - very subtly deadly.
d) How individuals metabolize varies. And therefore tolerance to some elements. Cats, dogs, and many primarily carnivores cannot tolerate common foods humans enjoy. And birds will eat choke-cherries, mistletoe berries, bittersweet and hemlock with no ill effects. Hummingbirds and bees will fertilize foxglove and acanthus without consequence.

Point being that Humans do not know when to stop.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You've done the homework. Good.

"a) That an element is present does not make it necessary."

There are some we get plenty of so it is not concern.

"b) If the mechanism by which it functions is not understood, then neither is the difference between therapeutic and toxic levels."

Hold on there. That statement is off somehow. There is always a difference between therapeutic and toxic. It is true however, that some are more important than others. What's more, the levels needed or toxic will vary person to person especially among those with different lineage. There is proof of this though indirect.

"c) Enough may be enough, but too much is quite often deadly. And in the case of some - very subtly deadly."

True of anything. Years ago someone did die of water poisoning. It was a water drinking contest, like they h ave taco, pizza or hot wing eating contests. I am not sure if the dead guy won...

"d) How individuals metabolize varies. And therefore tolerance to some elements. Cats, dogs, and many primarily carnivores cannot tolerate common foods humans enjoy. And birds will eat choke-cherries, mistletoe berries, bittersweet and hemlock with no ill effects. Hummingbirds and bees will fertilize foxglove and acanthus without consequence. "

I think I said that about people, but it applies n spades to different animals. Dogs can eat damnear anything, try it. Koala bears only eat eucalyptus leaves, how they get along without some of the minerals which MUST be deficient in those leaves is unknown, at least to me. Likewise, how do Eskimos get vitamin C ? Humans lost the ability to manufacture C in body they say I think about 10,000 years ago. Why ? How ? And did this supposedly happen to all humans in the space of a few years or what ? It almost can't be environmental, that leaves evolutional. Right ? Not quite sure on that one. I have looked into that and found that they DO have a source of vitamin C, in whale skin. Vitamin C is destroyed at 374F, so I imagine they're not deep frying it and if you've eaten skin, fried is the way to eat it. So they really sit around and eat whale skin ?

The database I offered does contain a significant amount of information on what some of those minerals actually do in the body. It gives information on symptoms of deficiency, diseases that coincide with certain deficiencies, recommended level and sources. The problem is it only has that information on about 20 of them. there are quite a few more. Also, there are a few about which they have little information at all.

Since this hijack was successful (hi Raul, tell Fidel I send him my best) I might excerpt from that to illustrate what is in it. I used to host the files on Dropbox but me and them don't see eye to eye on a couple of things.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 3:16:49 PM UTC-5, wrote:

"b) If the mechanism by which it functions is not understood, then neither is the difference between therapeutic and toxic levels."

Hold on there. That statement is off somehow. There is always a difference between therapeutic and toxic. It is true however, that some are more important than others. What's more, the levels needed or toxic will vary person to person especially among those with different lineage. There is proof of this though indirect.

I repeat: If you do not know how a mechanism functions, nor what it actually does, nor why it exists, then you cannot know whether it is operating properly or not, whether it is necessary, or not. And whether what it is producing is useful, or not. Nor are you able to recognize, understand, or describe why a given mechanism may be good (therapeutic) or bad (Toxic).

Keep in mind that the core of your premise is that these "72" are necessary for proper metabolism, that is, life. Per William of Occcam, It either is, or it ain't. Can't be both.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 17:45:16 UTC, wrote:

Let's look at this a bit more closely:

Aluminum Oxide, Titanium, Strontium, Barium, Zirconium, Fluorine, Cerium, Rubidium, Chlorine, Lanthanium, Nickel, Neodymium, Praeseodymium, Gallium, Cadmium, Scandium, Molybdenum, Cobalt, Lithium, Niobium, Samarium, Thorium, Mafnium, Cesium, Gadolinium, Holmium, Dysprosium, Uranium, Bromine, Europium, Tin, Antimony, Ytterbium, Terbium, Tungsten, Mercury, Silver, Tantalum, Thuliam, Luteium, Indium, Shenium, Beryllium, Erbium, Thallium, Bismuth, Germanium, Iridium, Rhodium, Palladium, Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen.

The above are included in the "72" list as advertised by any number of trace-mineral supplement sites.

as ever not all agree with that list

Not listed are the more obvious items such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium, potassium, chloride, sulfur, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, zinc, cobalt, fluoride and selenium. Which get you to the 72.

Cadmium is highly toxic (and cumulative) in other than vanishingly small amounts. And, is listed amongst the Most toxic elements together with Beryllium, Chromium, Selenium (necessary, but too much is highly toxic), cesium and a few others. Brute fact: Most of the items on that first list are sufficiently toxic that any amount one could see in its pure form would be a bad idea to ingest. And even in its most common salt (sodium chloride as one example), moderation would be advised at the least, and avoidance more likely.

I don't think anyone suggests easting great amounts of trace minerals, so no problem

The problem with listing items as 'necessary for life' without further discussion is that the issue of toxicity is ignored. Vitamin A is good. Too much is toxic. Iron is good, too much is toxic - and so forth.

it's not ignored at all

There is a theory that Human blood apart from specific cells approximates the structure of seawater when the human precursors first popped up - and so the need for these "72" were born. And as with most life, certain creatures 'fix' certain elements - such as mushrooms and selenium, bananas and potassium, shrimp and iodine - you get the picture. Omnivores - creatures with long guts, but a single stomach - generally are exposed to all that they need based on their eating habits. But, not always. Goiter and Iodine is an example of that phenomenon.

Cutting to the chase, the problems with identifying _every_ trace element a

a) That an element is present does not make it necessary.
b) If the mechanism by which it functions is not understood, then neither is the difference between therapeutic and toxic levels.

that's not logical. The chemical link between boron & arthritis isn't known afaik - icbw - but the pattern of high arthritis in low boron countries & vice versa is very much noticed. It's also not hard to find out what dose & form people have been taking & find that it's safe. No mysteries there. Lots of what goes on in the body we don't fully understand - or often understand much about at all.

c) Enough may be enough, but too much is quite often deadly. And in the case of some - very subtly deadly.

not sure how death can be subtle.

d) How individuals metabolize varies. And therefore tolerance to some elements. Cats, dogs, and many primarily carnivores cannot tolerate common foods humans enjoy. And birds will eat choke-cherries, mistletoe berries, bittersweet and hemlock with no ill effects. Hummingbirds and bees will fertilize foxglove and acanthus without consequence.

sure. not a problem.

Point being that Humans do not know when to stop.

Oh we do. The method of filtering out unsafe medical treatments that has been used for millennia may seem a bit crude but it does work. When that's what you've got it's what you use - or go without the cure.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, 28 November 2018 20:16:49 UTC, wrote:

The database I offered does contain a significant amount of information on what some of those minerals actually do in the body. It gives information on symptoms of deficiency, diseases that coincide with certain deficiencies, recommended level and sources. The problem is it only has that information on about 20 of them. there are quite a few more. Also, there are a few about which they have little information at all.

I'd be interested to see your info. If you email to my addy I can go check it. Cheers,

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"I repeat: If you do not know how a mechanism functions, nor what it actually does, nor why it exists, then you cannot know whether it is operating properly or not, whether it is necessary, or not. "

Analyse your diet and eliminate everything with chromium and vanadium in it.. Do that for two years and eat plenty of sweets, white refined sugar would be best. Now see what happens WITHOUT looking up the chemical reactions dealing with the pancreas, insulin and sugar metabolism in the body.

Your diabetes will be evidence enough. Of course they do know of the chemical reactions, but the point is for YOU not to know, and in such a condition, you will know it is essential.

The statement is not completely worng, it just needs qualification.

"And whether what it is producing is useful, or not. Nor are you able to recognize, understand, or describe why a given mechanism may be good (therapeutic) or bad (Toxic)."

If you are in good health or bad is an indicator. Perhaps not empirical proof but a definite strong indicator. People have been convicted of murder and executed on such indicators.

"Keep in mind that the core of your premise is that these "72" are necessary for proper metabolism, that is, life."

It is not purely a matted of breathing. I don't mind dying but I want to be healthy when I do it. You can exist with heart disease, diabetes, liver and kidney problems, no gall bladder, prostrate problems, roids, deaf, near blind, no teeth and brittle bones. You can exist for a long time like that. Do you want to ? derived and circumstantial evidence while not absolute, should not be discarded.

"Per William of Occcam, It either is, or it ain't. Can't be both. "

Per someone else (Menken ?) there is always an answer that is simple - and WRONG. Yes, the razor applies to many things, but there are those things about which direct evidence is not available. That does not mean the proper course of action is to totally disregard everything, throw your hands up in apathy and quit.

For example it is damn hard to tell if someone is actually getting their minerals. Even if ingested not everyone metabolises them the same or at the same rate. What might work for one may be totally unassimilated for another. Some respond better to chelated supplements, others colloidal.

The only way to tell for sure is to perform biopsies on several organs, that is invasive and dangerous. So what is the most logical course of action ? Cower all the bases.

If you have no idea what the toxic level of something is, which of course varies according to the compound in which it is ingested, it can be estimated by the relative levels found in healthily grown foods. You need chromium, eating wrenches though will not supply you with anything. Chromium picolinate for example, might.

Soon, I am going to paste one of the pages form the database here and we'll see what those people know and don't know. In fact there are some things they don't know and they come out and flatly say it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is that tabypurr ? I don't seem to be able to get it using the Google interface. If so it is on its way soon.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is one of the pages from the database. It is succinct and contains more than the word count would suggest. Fonts and point sizes are of course lost, I just hope I don't have to redo the line feeds...:-)

-----

Copper

Copper is an essential trace element for humans, animals and many plants. The average adult contains between 75 and 150 mg copper and about half of this is contained in the skeleton and the muscles. Copper is most concentrated in the brain and liver.

What it does in the body

Copper is an important component in many enzymes in the body. A copper- containing enzyme plays a vital role in energy production in cells. The activity of this enzyme is highest in the heart, brain, liver and kidney.

Connective tissue formation

An enzyme responsible for the production of the connective tissue proteins, collagen and elastin, requires copper. It is therefore necessary for the development and maintenance of blood vessels, skin, bone and joints.

Iron metabolism and blood

Copper is involved in the release of iron from storage sites and is involved in the formation of bone marrow and the maturation of red blood cells.

Brain and nervous system

Copper is necessary for the synthesis of cell membrane phospholipids, and so helps maintain myelin, the insulating sheath that surrounds nerve cells. It also helps regulate neurotransmitter levels.

Antioxidant

Copper is part of the enzyme copper-zinc superoxide dismutase, an antioxidant vital for protection against free radical damage. Maintaining the correct balance between zinc and copper is important in many body functions involving superoxide dismutase.

Immune system

Copper is important in developing resistance to infection. During inflammation or infection, two copper-containing compounds, superoxide dismutase and ceruloplasmin, are mobilized in the body. Copper is also necessary for T cell function and maturation.

Cardiovascular system

Copper is essential for the contractility of heart muscle. It is also necessary for the healthy function of small blood vessels that control blood flow and nutrient and waste exchange. It is also necessary for the functioning of the muscles of the blood vessels and is involved in the functioning of blood vessel linings and platelets which may play a role in blood clotting.1

Other functions

The formation of melanin, a natural coloring pigment found in skin and hair, involves a copper-dependent enzyme. The enzyme histaminase, which metabolizes histamine, requires copper. Copper is involved in fat and cholesterol metabolism and in the normal functioning of insulin which regulates glucose metabolism. It also contributes to the synthesis of prostaglandins, compounds that regulate a variety of functions such as heartbeat, blood pressure and wound-healing.

Absorption and metabolism

Around 30 per cent of dietary intake of copper is absorbed in the stomach and upper intestine. It is transferred across the gut wall and carried to the liver where it combines with proteins including ceruloplasmin. This protein is released into the blood and carries copper to body tissues. Adequate protein improves copper absorption. Excretion is mostly via secretion in bile into the gastrointestinal tract and then elimination in the feces.

Deficiency

Symptoms of copper deficiency in babies include failure to thrive, pale skin, anemia, diarrhea, lack of pigment in hair and skin, and prominent dilated veins. In adults, symptoms include anemia, water retention, weakness of blood vessel walls, irritability, brittle bones, hair depigmentation, poor hair texture and loss of sense of taste.

Children at risk of deficiency include those with Menkes' syndrome, a rare disorder which means they are unable to absorb copper. Malnourished, premature infants and those who have iron deficiency anemia are also at risk. Milk, in general, is low in copper; although absorption from breast milk is more efficient than that from cow's milk and formula.

Those who eat large amounts of phytates which bind copper in the gut, those whose diets are highly refined, those who have prolonged diarrhea or those with high intakes of zinc, cadmium, fluoride or molybdenum may be at risk of deficiency.

Immune system

Copper deficiency can lead to reduced resistance to infection as white blood cell activity and cellular immune responses are reduced. The ratio of zinc to copper may also affect immune system effectiveness. Susceptibility to disease seems to increase when copper intake is high and zinc intake is low..

Nervous system

Copper deficiency can impair the function of the nervous system. This impairment causes poor concentration, numbness and tingling, and a variety of nervous system disorders.

Heart disease

A deficiency of copper may contribute to heart disease. Copper deficiencies have been associated with poor heart muscle, a drop in beneficial HDL cholesterol and an increase in harmful LDL cholesterol. In animals, copper intake has also been associated with weakening of heart connective tissue and rupture of blood vessels. Alterations in blood clotting mechanism and the muscular activity of blood vessels may also occur. The ratio of zinc to copper may be important in the regulation of blood cholesterol.

Collagen defects

Copper deficiency leads to poor collagen formation, the protein component of connective tissue which may result in bone deformities, damaged blood vessels, reduced resiliency of skin and other internal and external linings of the body.

Other problems

Copper intakes may be low in rheumatoid arthritis sufferers and may contribute to the incidence of the disease.2 Copper deficiency may also be involved in high blood pressure.3

Sources

Good food sources include liver, shellfish, brewer's yeast, olives, nuts, whole grains, beans and chocolate. Copper from food processing and storage, pesticides and fungicides in food and copper kettles also contribute to copper in the diet. Up to 70 per cent of the copper content of flour may be lost when it is refined.

Beef liver, fried 85g 3.77 mg

Peanuts Β½ cup 1.59 mg

Walnuts 1 cup, chopped 1.58 mg

Sesame seeds ΒΌ cup 1.40 mg

Almonds 1 cup 1.27 mg

Sardines, canned in tomato sauce1 can 1.01 mg

Oysters 6 pieces 0.80 mg

Crab, cooked 1 cup 0.72 mg

Soybeans, cooked 1 cup 0.66 mg

Sunflower seeds ΒΌ cup 0.60 mg

Chickpeas, cooked 1 cup 0.55 mg

Avocado 1 avocado 0.53 mg

Lentils, cooked 1 cup 0.48 mg

Tofu Β½ cup 0.47 mg

Wheatgerm Β½ cup 0.44 mg

Kidney beans, cooked 1 cup 0.41 mg

Beet greens, cooked 1 cup 0.34 mg

Mushrooms, raw 1 cup, slices 0.32 mg

Spinach, cooked 1 cup 0.29 mg

Wholewheat spaghetti 1 cup 0.22 mg

Cocoa powder 1 tbsp 0.21 mg

Brown rice, cooked 1 cup 0.19 mg

Milk chocolate 1 bar 0.17 mg

Recommended dietary allowances

There is no RDA for copper. Safe and adequate intake is estimated to range from 1.5 to 3 mg per day. The UK RNI is 1.2 mg for adults.

Supplements

Copper supplements are available in various forms including copper amino acid chelate, copper gluconate and copper sulfate. Some experts feel that copper should not be supplemented as there is a fine line between therapeutic and toxic doses.

Toxic effects of excess intake

Toxicity of copper is thought to be fairly rare but high concentrations (daily intakes of 200 mg and over) can cause effects such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, muscle pains, heart problems, immune suppression and abnormal mental states. The lethal dose for copper may be as low as 3.5 g. Imbalance in the copper to zinc ratio may be an important factor in copper toxicity.

Patients with ulcerative colitis may accumulate copper in the tissues and the excess of copper may aggravate the disease. High copper levels may also be a risk factor for heart disease.

A study done in 1998 in Wisconsin suggests that high levels of copper in the water supply may increase the rate of gastrointestinal upsets. The researchers assessed copper levels in several homes with new water distribution systems. Their findings suggested that copper-contaminated drinking water was a common cause of nausea, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and headaches in areas where water supplies are naturally corrosive.4

Wilson's disease

Wilson's disease is a rare genetic disorder affecting one in 30 000 people, in which the liver is unable to remove copper from the body. Excessive amounts of copper accumulate, leading to symptoms of liver disease and loss of mental function. Drugs to remove excess copper, and zinc to promote excretion of copper, are used to treat Wilson's disease.

Therapeutic uses of supplements

Copper is used therapeutically to treat deficiency symptoms and iron deficiency anemia. Copper is present in expectorant cough mixtures, cough suppressant preparations and decongestants.

Heart disease

Copper supplements have been shown to have beneficial effects on the oxidation of blood fats. A 1997 study done over four weeks at Ohio State University found that 2 mg per day of copper increased the time taken for LDL cholesterol to become oxidized.5 This helps to reduce the damage these fats do to arteries and limits the build-up of atherosclerotic plaque.

Arthritis

The wearing of copper bracelets as a cure for arthritis is an old remedy which may have some scientific support. It is possible that the copper combines with compounds in the skin which are then absorbed and exert anti-inflammatory effects. Copper is part of ceruloplasmin which acts as both an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant, and plays a role in the body's reaction to inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.

Interactions with other nutrients

Copper to zinc ratio

Zinc and copper compete with each other for absorption. Excess zinc intake for prolonged periods can lead to copper deficiency. Altered copper to zinc ratios may play a role in several disorders including heart disease and some types of cancer including those of the breast, lung and gastrointestinal tract. There is some suggestion that this may be useful as a diagnostic test. Copper zinc ratios also seem to be high in violence-prone males (See page 323 for more information.)

Copper-zinc superoxide dismutase levels seem to be altered in rheumatoid arthritis. Those with the disease have higher serum copper/zinc superoxide dismutase levels than those without.6

Other vitamins and minerals

Iron and copper interact in several ways. Copper deficiency alters iron metabolism, causing it to accumulate in the liver. Excess iron can lead to copper deficiency. High molybdenum intakes may increase copper excretion. High doses of vitamin C may alter copper metabolism and lead to deficiency states.

1 Schuschke DA. Dietary copper in the physiology of the microcirculation. Nutr, 1997 Dec, 127:12, 2274-81

2 Kremer JM; Bigaouette J Nutrient intake of patients with rheumatoid arthritis is deficient in pyridoxine, zinc, copper, and magnesium. J Rheumatol, 1996 Jun, 23:6, 990-4

3 Lukaski HC; Klevay LM; Milne DB Effects of dietary copper on human autonomic cardiovascular function. Eur J Appl Physiol, 1988, 58:1-2, 74-80

4 Knobeloch L; Schubert C; Hayes J; Clark J; Fitzgerald C; Fraundorff A Gastrointestinal upsets and new copper plumbing-is there a connection? WMJ, 1998 Jan, 97:1, 49-53

5 Jones AA; DiSilvestro RA; Coleman M; Wagner TL Copper supplementation of adult men: effects on blood copper enzyme activities and indicators of cardiovascular disease risk. Metabolism, 1997 Dec, 46:12, 1380-3

6 Serum copper/zinc superoxide dismutase levels in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Mazzetti I; Grigolo B; Borzì RM; Meliconi R; Facchini A. Int J Clin Lab Res, 1996, 26:4, 245-9

Copyright Bookman Press 1998

-----

Think maybe the rest of that is worth a 130KB download ?

Also, when reading the whole thing you'll find they more than once mention that the mineral content of the foods depends upon the soil in which it is grown. You don't hear about this as they spout their **** about cholesterol and fat, it does not make a good case for commercial farming. If you don't think the land is played out ask a cattle farmer why his livestock gets comprehensive mineral supplements. Without them, the animals would not make it to market weight. They have no other incentive to pay for this except that now the USDA did get involved and start requiring them. Look it up. In fact the government surprised me doing something right, years ago an association of meat growers petitioned to be allowed to stop the supplements during the last month before slaughter. the government rejected their request.

Good. That shows just how much they care about their customers.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 06:35:01 UTC, wrote:

You need chromium, eating wrenches though will not supply you with anything.

What? Damn!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 06:39:59 UTC, wrote:
Is that tabypurr ? I don't seem to be able to get it using the Google interface. If so it is on its way soon.

Yup, at gmail dotty commy. If you sent it it didn't arrive.
thanks.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

It was sent at 1:46. I did just notice though that I only used one "R". I just now sent it to tabbypurr, so it should be there. In fact I think we have had email before because as I put in the other "R" is popped up with a dropdown below with the address. So it should be there. Lemme know if it ain't.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 20:52:30 UTC, wrote:

It was sent at 1:46. I did just notice though that I only used one "R". I just now sent it to tabbypurr, so it should be there. In fact I think we have had email before because as I put in the other "R" is popped up with a dropdown below with the address. So it should be there. Lemme know if it ain't.

thanks, got the email now, but no attachment :/ I suspect google stole it.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"thanks, got the email now, but no attachment"

I'll try again later. If I have to I can burn a CD ad mail it, but I should try maybe to attach each file separatey ad let IT zip the funcking thing. Or better yet mayb I'll just copy and paste the whole ****ing thing here ?

I dunno I just got up and am chcking for money in the mai. I'll be back
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, 30 November 2018 15:03:25 UTC, wrote:
"thanks, got the email now, but no attachment"

I'll try again later. If I have to I can burn a CD ad mail it, but I should try maybe to attach each file separatey ad let IT zip the funcking thing. Or better yet mayb I'll just copy and paste the whole ****ing thing here ?

I dunno I just got up and am chcking for money in the mai. I'll be back

We'll figure it out somehow. Computers are life changing but they're a real pita sometimes.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 10:03:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"thanks, got the email now, but no attachment"

I'll try again later. If I have to I can burn a CD ad mail it, but I should try maybe to attach each file separatey ad let IT zip the funcking thing. Or better yet mayb I'll just copy and paste the whole ****ing thing here ?

I dunno I just got up and am chcking for money in the mai. I'll be back

lol..'a CD'? how 1980's....try a file sharing site (drop box, etc.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, 30 November 2018 20:17:50 UTC, three_jeeps wrote:
On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 10:03:25 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"thanks, got the email now, but no attachment"

I'll try again later. If I have to I can burn a CD ad mail it, but I should try maybe to attach each file separatey ad let IT zip the funcking thing. Or better yet mayb I'll just copy and paste the whole ****ing thing here ?

I dunno I just got up and am chcking for money in the mai. I'll be back

lol..'a CD'? how 1980's....try a file sharing site (drop box, etc.)

I was putting data on cassette & floppy in the 80s - and rarely onto hard drive. That was 3.n" 5.n" and 8" floppies, in the opposite order.

ISTR it being quicker to hand a floppy to a taxi driver to deliver than it was to send the data at 300 baud.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, 30 November 2018 17:23:43 UTC, tabby wrote:
On Friday, 30 November 2018 15:03:25 UTC, wrote:
"thanks, got the email now, but no attachment"

I'll try again later. If I have to I can burn a CD ad mail it, but I should try maybe to attach each file separatey ad let IT zip the funcking thing. Or better yet mayb I'll just copy and paste the whole ****ing thing here ?

I dunno I just got up and am chcking for money in the mai. I'll be back

We'll figure it out somehow. Computers are life changing but they're a real pita sometimes.

NT

Thank you, got it. Will look through this when I get the chance. I saw the first one, spotted one error, borax is less toxic than table salt.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Thank you, got it. Will look through this when I get the chance. I saw the first one, spotted one error, borax is less toxic than table salt. "

I think that might be a bit subjective. I read it, says about 100mg. I think. You actually need more sodium than that.

But you said table salt. Now here we have a situation, I have my own hypotheses about that, among which is that the anti-clumping agent in most common table salt is toxic because since it inhibits salt from combining with water, which makes up most of our bodies by the way, it could quite possibly adversely affect how it is metabolised in the body.

The sodium writeup mentions "sodium sensitive" people and I think I'll have to go along with that line of thinking because I eat a ton of salt and my blood pressure is fine. I am pretty sure my blood chemistry is different than most. My immune system is certainly superior. People say I'm ****ing crazy, but when I do construction work for example, the outside stuff, if I cut myself I just let it bleed and keep doing what I was doing. "You're bleeding ", "Yeah". Everyone panics and tends to stop the bleeding. Unless the cut is VERY bad you are not going to run out. The blood gushing out cleans the wound. On me that's all it gets. "You need stitches !", "Naw, not really". I don't remember even having the flu. I had bad allergies but between desenstitizing myself with sulfur fumes and age the symptoms are very minor.

Friend of mine just made an observation about the Amish because he lives out by Amish country. They don't have heart diseases much, or cancer or any of that ****, and they do not vaccinate their kids. I do NOT want to start the vax/antivax argument but that is one little piece of evidence. Of course it could be diet as well, not eating so much commercially grown ****, no fast food. No a bunch of things.

I almost don't know why I bother, being 58. That is 23 years longer than I planned on living. In 12 years I'll be 70 and probably unable to raise hell.. Plus I am pretty sure that unless we STOP this ****ing "progress" I won't WANT to be alive. Then mother****ers better watch out. Nobody here, I wouldn't even kill Slowman, maybe smack him around a little see if some sense might seep in. As far as an engineer he's probably the best thing since the butcher knife (I am carnivore) but as far as social/political issues, well it's hard to find a proper adjective.

Actually if you hadn't noticed yet, what I sent you is initially from Australia. Doctors don't get richer there when people get sick, and that is probably the ONE saving grace about socialised medicine.

I like when they run an ad for some toothpowder or some **** and say "four out of five dentists recommend...", yeah, you know what a dentist is ? When you have a boat and you are done "Breaking Out Another Thousand", the dentist is there to make sure you don't have any money left. Let me correct it - "Four out of five dentists' Mercedes dealers recommend...". I haven't been to one in about 45 years. That was to have a stubborn baby tooth pulled. I have never lost a tooth. At 58 I know it is inevitable but, hasn't happened yet. My Grandfather kept his all his life, my Parents though, no.

I remember someone saying years ago "Beware of foreign research, yeah I figured that out. Beware, it might be something useful rather than a ****ing advertisement for the most wasteful place to throw your money.

You pay me to do research and the results will be whatever you say.

So now you see how they formatted that. It is actually excepts from a book and I didn't know how to save webpages yet the official right way, so I went into my internet cache and got them. In FILE MANAGER ! Note the DOS compatible filenames.

Anyhow, conclusions can be drawn from those pages. A link between boron deficiency and bladder stones ? Some doctors tell people to limit calcium. I think that is ****ing nuts. The simple fact is that calcium needs other things to be used by the body, like magnesium, the aforementioned boron, couple other things. If it doesn't have the other ingredients the calcium goes into the blood where it does not belong.

Of course there's that other 20 years of research I did with no real record of it. I never thought of the possibility of having to prove anything, I just wanted to know for myself and a few friends. I also have a bunch of files form the USDA back in that era, I think some of the foods analyses included 12 minerals, not sure. I'll have to dig that up. In fact I got rid of all my harddrives recently so now it is all SATA. They were really getting old so now I got 1.58TB soon to become 2.58TB but I need an IDE burner to do it. I got one. But I had to really look to find those files. Everything is moved, but the drive letters seem to have stayed put, so I got up to drive T now. By the time I figure out where everything is I'll probably need a new PC. That will be a sad day. It took me YEARS to get this customized, and even though it is XP it seems to be quite secure. It is not the standard version.

Anyway, those pages almost warrant a thread of their own.

More later, gonna go raise some hell somewhere.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, 1 December 2018 15:27:36 UTC, wrote:
nt:

"Thank you, got it. Will look through this when I get the chance. I saw the first one, spotted one error, borax is less toxic than table salt. "

I think that might be a bit subjective. I read it, says about 100mg. I think. You actually need more sodium than that.

The LD50 for borax is greater tan for sodium chloride. It's funny, on one occasion I mentioned one of the treatments I use to the NHS and was told to not do that, instead come & do our method which I already know is dramatically more toxic & less effective.

People say I'm ****ing crazy, but when I do construction work for example, the outside stuff, if I cut myself I just let it bleed and keep doing what I was doing. "You're bleeding ", "Yeah". Everyone panics and tends to stop the bleeding. Unless the cut is VERY bad you are not going to run out. The blood gushing out cleans the wound. On me that's all it gets. "You need stitches !", "Naw, not really".

People just absorb what they're taught in childhood. Sometimes it's nothing short of funny, or would be if it weren't serious.

Take an example: what things are we generally told are the most dangerous that we interact with daily? Gas & electricity. Electricity electrocutes about 20 people a year here (mainly people doing stupid things with it). And about 450 die in house fires a year. Cars kill over 3,500 & injure 10,000, even stairs kill & maim 1,000 a year. The top 2 killers are heart disease & cancer, taking 50% of the population, 6 figures per year. Many mainstream experts reckon around half of those death are easily preventable with better diet, exercise & not smoking. So the most dangerous thing we interact with each week? The supermarket. But you try telling people that.

Friend of mine just made an observation about the Amish because he lives out by Amish country. They don't have heart diseases much, or cancer or any of that ****, and they do not vaccinate their kids. I do NOT want to start the vax/antivax argument but that is one little piece of evidence. Of course it could be diet as well, not eating so much commercially grown ****, no fast food. No a bunch of things.

Longevity comes into it too, changes the balance from one cause of death to another. Sometimes you just can't separate the factors.

I almost don't know why I bother, being 58. That is 23 years longer than I planned on living. In 12 years I'll be 70 and probably unable to raise hell. Plus I am pretty sure that unless we STOP this ****ing "progress" I won't WANT to be alive. Then mother****ers better watch out. Nobody here, I wouldn't even kill Slowman, maybe smack him around a little see if some sense might seep in. As far as an engineer he's probably the best thing since the butcher knife (I am carnivore) but as far as social/political issues, well it's hard to find a proper adjective.

I wouldn't want to have to rely on his engineering skills in most areas. Socially, people like that punish themselves. I got a choice what I feed my head with, and it's not gonna be his bs.

Actually if you hadn't noticed yet, what I sent you is initially from Australia. Doctors don't get richer there when people get sick, and that is probably the ONE saving grace about socialised medicine.

We have socialised medicine. It's no solution, they still get paid when you're ill, doesn't matter that it's someone else paying. Hence it's maintenance rather than cure too often. Sometimes it's just bs to get paid.

You pay me to do research and the results will be whatever you say.

That's one big elephant in the room. It's widely realised that /most/ medical research results are wrong, yet they continue to be relied on far too much. NICE is a nice idea, but too many times fails to ask enough questions to reach the right answer.

Anyway, those pages almost warrant a thread of their own.

probably several.
Cheers

NT