Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default voltage doubler

On Wednesday, 10 October 2018 22:28:38 UTC+1, wrote:

OK, you get the beginning where it says "Version", you take the mouse and drag from the beginning there and move the mouse down. You then get to the bottom. you can tell the commands so you know where they end. Where I wrote "Only two caps and four diodes is NOT part of the text you want.

With all that blued up, or whatever color your scheme makes selected text you hit Ctrl+C, or rigthclick and click "Copy" form the box.

Now minimise the browser and whatever, get to the desktop, (or folder somewhere) and either from the menu or right click hit "New and then go to "Text Document". Click that and and let it open. With a left click put the cursor in there and either hit Ctrl+V or rigthclick and hit paste from that box.

It should all appear. Save. You can hit close and it'll ask to save, say yes. Now go to the file and remname it, but you need to change the extension as well, so I don't know how much trouble newer Windows will give you but you rename it to "Whatever.asc". then double click it and it should open up LTSpice and show the schematic. Once you get handy with the program you can run simulations on it, after choosing the circuit values of course. It can figure out like ripple on that doubler and you can change the cap values and a few other parameters, and for the current draw you need to add a resistor and specify its value with Ohm's law. Like if you are in the US and in doubler mode and want to see how it performs at 1 amp draw, put a 320 ohm resistor there because it is 320 volts. You DO have to figure out some things, especially component values, it does not have that ability.

Giver it a try and come back with any questions. I am surprised it isn't in the manual actually, it is the modus de jure to put a schematic through a text only medium, such as this newsgroup.

The only main problem with it is that it doesn't have a god damn potentiometer. There is a way to make one, but I am not good enough with it yet. I wish there was a place i could just download it and pout it in the "library" but have not found it. The other problem is that the recipient of the file has to have the symbols all in his library. If not it will display all it can without whatever it doesn't recognize. That's why I would like to see a pot downloadable, so it is standardized. If five people do it five different ways it is not going to work.

If you got a pot in your library we'll have to figure out how to propagate it. Hopefully it'll work in 4.

Yeah right, hopefully, famous last words of the damned. LOL

Spice did have a pot originally, but they found people couldn't reach it through the glass screen.

2 fets & a ramped etc voltage to the gates?

NT