Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

Default Tutorial to run any Windows command directly on Android over either USB or Wi-Fi

Tutorial to run any Windows command directly on Android over either USB or Wi-Fi

When you plug an Android 4.3+ device set up as MTP into Windows over USB,
you can't run Windows commands _directly_ on the Android filesystem (yet).
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9648761dir.jpg

The goal is for everyone to be able to run any Windows command on the
entire Android filesystem, over USB (because it's fast, secure, & easy) &
over WiFi (because it works over the local network).

I've gone in the past couple of days about as far as I can go.
What we need from experts here is your added value to go further.

To that end, I summarize below where my knowledge falls off the cliff.
If you know more than I do, please improve these suggestions below.

*Goal: Run any Windows command directly on the Android filesystem.*
*These worked perfectly in my tests (Android 7.0, Windows 10)*
1. MTP over USB: (*MTPDrive*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1853998dir02.jpg
o Android set to MTP + MTPDrive payware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter on Windows
o MTPDrive freeware is limited to 30 files transferred per session
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8315262dir03.jpg
Tested with:
MTPDrive http://mtpdrive.com/download.html

2. MTP over USB: (*Linux*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6181360dir01.jpg
o Android set to MTP + dual-boot Ubuntu with Windows
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
Ubuntu 18.04 https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

3. WebDAV over WiFi: (*net use*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8605173dir05.jpg
o WebDAV freeware server on Android + "net use" on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter on Windows
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.webdavserver

4. FTP over WiFi: (*DirectNetDrive*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4731516dir011.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6340420dir012.jpg
o FTP freeware server on Android + DnD freeware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using DnD freeware
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
DirectNetDrive http://www.directnet-drive.net/

5. FTP over WiFi: (*NetDrive 1.3.2.0*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1383190dir014.jpg
o FTP freeware server on Android + (older) NetDrive freeware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using NetDrive freeware
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
NetDrive 1.3.2.0 https://filehippo.com/download_netdrive/12615/

*These worked to run commands - but we don't have a mounting solution.*
6. MTP over USB: (*libMTP*, libusbK, libiconv)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4656598libtmp01.jpg
o Plug in Android to USB + libMTP commands on Windows
o Can see and manipulate every file on the Android filesystem
o But it can't yet mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter
Tested with:
LibMTP https://sourceforge.net/projects/libmtp/
LibusbK https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
LibiConv http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libiconv.htm

*These failed miserably in my tests - but they may work for others.*
7. FTP over WiFi: (*net use*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8734999ftpshare02.jpg
o FTP server freeware on Android + "net use" on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter on Windows
o I can't figure out the doublebackslash syntax to make it work!
Tested with:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.ftpserver

8. FTP over WiFi: (*FTPuse*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7687244dir06.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7075400dir07.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3316456dir08.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7355568dir09.jpg
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4223201dir010.jpg
o FTP server freeware on Android + FTPuse freeware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using FTPuse freeware
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
FTPUse https://www.ferrobackup.com/download/FtpUseInst.exe

9. FTP over WiFi: (*SFTPNetDrive*)
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2809525dir013.jpg
o FTP server freeware on Android + SFTPNetDrive freeware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using SFTPNetDrive
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Tested with:
SFTP Net Drive https://www.nsoftware.com/sftp/netdrive/

10. SMB over WiFi: (*net use*)
o SMB server freeware on Android + native Windows "net use"
o Main problem is Android needs to be rooted to use TCP port 445
o Second problem is finding Android SMB server non-root freeware
Tested with:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.sambaserver

*These were not tested because they are trialware solutions.*
11. FTP or WebDAV over WiFi: (*WebDrive*)
o FTP/WebDAV freeware server on Android + WebDrive trialware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using WebDrive trialware
o The trialware is limited to 10 days
Not tested:
WebDrive https://webdrive.com/download/

12. FTP over WiFi: (*NetDrive*)
o FTP freeware server on Android + (current) NetDrive trialware on Windows
o Mount the Android filesystem as a drive letter using NetDrive trialware
o There are no limits whatsoever as to what you can do
Not tested:
NetDrive 3.6.571 http://netdrive.net/
In summary, we need your added value to get past where I am above.
a. Specifically - do you know the syntax for FTP "net use" mounts?
b. Do you know of an Android nonroot SMB server that works with Windows?
c. And most importantly, do you know of MTPdrive alternative freeware?

Above is where I fall off the cliff on trying to help everyone run any
Windows command directly on any Android 4.3+ filesystem over USB or WiFi.

As always, the goal is a universal solution for everyone.
If you can add value, please pitch in to improve our capabilities.
--
We are always far stronger together than any of us are all alone.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

On 10/21/2018 2:39 PM, Arlen Holder wrote: nothing worth repeating

And the award goes to the biggest dumbass for posting a
computer/smartphone related topic in a home repair group. I'd rather
tolerate the idiotic political bull**** than this.

Thanks for proving you're still a moron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Troll is back. Please do not feed the troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:07:17 -0400, Meanie wrote:

And the award goes to the biggest dumbass for posting a
computer/smartphone related topic in a home repair group. I'd rather
tolerate the idiotic political bull**** than this.

Thanks for proving you're still a moron.

Have you looked at the _headers_ in this newsgroup even once?

999 out of 1,000 posts are by Russian trolls on political bull****.
Which _you_ fall into the trap of responding to (as do others).

At least my posts aren't political - and they're related to fixing things
that are in every home (i.e., computer and mobile stuff).

To that end, to add to the overall tribal knowledge, here is my final
summary on the attempt to run any Windows command on the Android file
system mounted over USB using zero additional software (which is what makes
the solutions below that are universal, universal).

====== cut here for the final tribal summary of weeks of testing =======
As a possible solution, the only method that worked over USB was MTPDrive:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.comp.freeware/TaIlIMK2Nuw%5B1-25%5D

Unfortunately, MTPDrive is crippleware, where it's pretty much definite
that there is no Windows freeware extant that will mount the Android
internal or external SD card contents over USB as a drive letter.

The closest we can find, together, even with our immense tribal experience,
is the long-known MTPDrive crippleware, which we all knew about _before_ we
started this quest for a freeware replacement to MTPDrive functionality
(and which has 4 critical functionality flaws which negate MTPDrive as a
general solution for everyone - which is _always_ the goal).

To add further value to the overall tribal knowledge, I have found yet
another limitation of the MTPDrive crippleware, which I encountered, just
now, when I happened to have both the Android & iOS devices connected by
USB on Windows.

I was copying over this morning the APK of my first Android app I created:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.comp.freeware/qEqThtRwZAg
When this new-to-me error popped up:
"MTPDrive - Error
Trial version limit reached:
- Maximum number of mapped devices = 1"

Here is a screenshot showing the attempt to map both Android & iOS on Win:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2725206dir028.jpg

In my experience, these are the 4 limitations of the MTPDrive cripplewa
o Only 1 mobile device can be mounted per session
o Only 30 files can be copied per session
o On the _external_ sdcard seemed to be mountable (not internal storage)
o The Dokan Library used by MTPDrive & FTPUse are apparently incompatible
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8315262dir03.jpg

Otherwise, MTPDrive crippleware works perfectly on Windows to mount the
Android internal and external sd card contents over USB as a drive letter.

In summary, nobody on any of these newsgroups knows of any working general
solution to the problem of mounting the Android internal and external
storage as a drive letter on Windows over USB such that all Windows
commands work:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1853998dir02.jpg

The best Windows solution is to mount Android as a drive letter over WiFi
using _zero_ additional software on Windows (and only a free server on
Android):
o WebDAV http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8605173dir05.jpg

The second-best Windows solution for mounting Android over WiFi as a drive
letter is to add both a free server on Android & a free client on Windows:
o DirectNetDrive http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6340420dir012.jpg
o NetDrive v1.3.2.0 http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1383190dir014.jpg
o webdav http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2373390dir019.jpg
o netdrive http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3994244dir020.jpg

Although plenty of similar solutions failed miserably in my tests:
o FTPuse http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7687244dir06.jpg
o FTPuse http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3316456dir08.jpg
o FTPuse http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4223201dir010.jpg
o SFTP Net Drive http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=2809525dir013.jpg
o netuseloginport http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8381514dir017.jpg
o netuseloginport http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3626731dir018.jpg
o ftp netuse fails http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4233679dir018.jpg
o ftpuse works http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4121239dir021.jpg
o ftpuse fails http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5451129dir022.jpg
o ftpuse fails http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8726712dir023.jpg
o fptuse firewall http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9234464dir024.jjpg.jpg
o ftpdrive http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4023721dir025.jjpg.jpg

The best solution, overall, since it requires no non-native software
anywhere, is to use a dual-boot Ubuntu 18.04, which can simultaneously
read/write not only the entire visible Android filesystem over USB, but
also it has read/write access to the entire visible Windows (yes, even as a
dual boot, as long as Windows hibernation is off), Linux, & iOS file
systems:
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6181360dir01.jpg
====== cut here for the final tribal summary of weeks of testing =======
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

On 11/2/18 10:32 AM, Arlen_Holder wrote:
Have you looked at the_headers_ in this newsgroup even once?

You're still a worthless piece of ****.
Go away.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You just fed the troll.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11/2/18 12:13 PM, wrote:
You just fed the troll.

Yes I did.
And I wanted everyone on all three news groups to know what a
worthless piece of **** he is.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0