Old September 28th 18, 06:06 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Activate PIR xmtr

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:25:37 PM UTC-4, Terry Schwartz wrote:
I think you will find that many of us are "only technicians".....

Some of us, not even that. Just hobbyists.

Typically, well-grounded in the practical, however.

And, I dunno, our neighbor has a garage door with a floor switch tied to his home-security system. It indicates on his keypad, and if he tries to arm with it open, it announces "Garage Door Open". I expect that two inches open = Open, but were I to bother with garage doors, I would want to know if it were open even a little bit.

Point being that this is an off-the-shelf device

https://www.amazon.com/Overhead-Gara.../dp/B01KY938HS

Or, even one of those automated doorbells that rings several hundred feet away when a door opens.

No muss, no fuss.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Old September 28th 18, 06:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 12:06:42 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

That's a very similar magnetic switch to the one I installed. Only I placed mine at the top of the door, on the header. Magnet is on the door itself. A lesson learned is do NOT buy the cheap 50 cent plastic bodied magnetic alarm switches, buy the good quality switches as shown. Save yourself a ton of aggravation.