Old September 25th 18, 11:25 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Activate PIR xmtr

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 12:22:40 PM UTC-5, OGER wrote:
That receiver has a tiny LED, I need more brightness to illuminate the
far side of the room. The driveway monitor has three leds and is bright..

wrote:
On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 6:07:58 PM UTC-7, OGER wrote:
I am trying to build a garage door monitor.
My new garage door opener does not have a lock function like my previous
so I need a way to monitor the door state in my house,

I got a garage door monitor from Sears. It has a device (powered by a CR2032 battery) that attaches to the door, and it transmits a signal when the door is open (mercury switch?). A receiver in the house has red and green LEDs, and it shows red when the door is up and green when the door is down.

I think it cost me about US$40, but a quick Google search shows them from Chamberlain and LiftMaster for under $100. Since Sears and OSH are both going out of business, you might be able to find one at a clearance price.

Of course, this approach deprives you of the joy of building one for yourself.

I wired magnetic alarm switches on my garage doors, stole power for the circuit from the IR "eye" circuit, and ran it to bright blue LED's right inside my service door in the house. They are mounted in a low voltage box. Super bright and easy to see from across the whole lower level of the house.

Old September 26th 18, 02:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 9/23/2018 2:11 PM, OGER wrote:
Suggestions please.

Taking a driveway PIR xmtr to modify for other purposes with no actual
internal mods.

The why did you post that you needed a schematic?
Old September 27th 18, 07:27 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

I did not realize that this is a conspiracy theory newsgroup.

A bunch of idiots reside here !

OGER wrote:
Suggestions please.

Taking a driveway PIR xmtr to modify for other purposes with no actual
internal mods.

Thinking of using some emitter taped to the PIR window to activate the
xmtr.

Something as simple as a blinking LED to keep the xmtr transmitting
while the LED is blinking.

Using one of these.
4VWIN Wireless Home Security Driveway Alarm

https://www.amazon.com/4VWIN-Wireles...e+door+monitor

or
Harbor Freight Home Security Driveway Alarm
https://www.harborfreight.com/wirele...tem-62447.html

Suggestions please.
Switch State
Open - LED off and no PIR activation
Closed - LED blinks to maintain PIR activation.

Option 1:
blinking LED and switch and battery.

Option 2:
555 timer, LED, switch and battery.

Or ???

What is needed to activate the PIR. LED color or type ?

Receiver will just be the reeiver's flashing LED with the audio function
disabled.
I think it is a transducer that I can either smother or cut out of the
circuit if it is not part of the receiver function.

What do you think?

Old September 27th 18, 07:31 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mine is a tilt up door that the wind will wiggle so a magnetic switch
probably will not remain aligned.

anyway, for $12, I get a PIR transmitter and receiver with a specific
channel assignment. No wiring between them is required. battery life
is over a year for the xmtr since I use an external battery pack.

I currently use such a setup to monitor motion in my home and the xmtr
gets activate many times during the day proving battery life.

Old September 27th 18, 07:34 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Obviuosly so I could see if I could remove the PIR detector and
substitute a mercury switch for garage door tilt up.

Modify the receiver to eliminate the sounder and substitute brighter
LEDs for the three that currently are part of the design.

Old September 27th 18, 07:43 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

How to win friends and influence people!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old September 27th 18, 07:50 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/27/18 2:43 PM, wrote:
How to win friends and influence people!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

If he continues on the usual trajectory, next he'll start bragging about
how much smarter he is.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
Old September 27th 18, 10:04 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

John S wrote:
On 9/23/2018 2:11 PM, OGER wrote:
Suggestions please.

Taking a driveway PIR xmtr to modify for other purposes with no actual
internal mods.

The why did you post that you needed a schematic?

That was never mentioned until now. How could it be obvious? I'm
thinking you are a troll.

*plonk*
Old September 28th 18, 04:37 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

I am not a troll but I can see that many here have big prejudice problems.
Some think they are so smart and they are generating fake news right here.

I come here seeking help to a problem and get hog wash.

A few did make some suggestion worth investigating. Thanks to them.

Strange group here.

A friend of mine gave me the best suggestion and he is only a technician.