Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What's wrong with my TV?

There is something wrong with my TV. Everytime I turn it on, I see
someone get shot and killed with a gun. There must be something wrong
with the set.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 11:14:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
There is something wrong with my TV. Everytime I turn it on, I see
someone get shot and killed with a gun. There must be something wrong
with the set.

It's the next best thing to being there. My old Sony reproduces blood color quite faithfully.

Death sells because people want to kill somebody.

People want to kill somebody because they got it coming.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 10:26:04 +0100, Mike Coon
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 23:10:50 -0500, wrote:

There is something wrong with my TV. Everytime I turn it on, I see
someone get shot and killed with a gun. There must be something wrong
with the set.

Leave your TV alone. It's working just fine. Every time I turn on my
TV, all I see are advertisements. I would rather see someone get shot
and killed with a gun than to watch and listen to endless
advertisements. Consider yourself fortunate to have a TV that's free
of advertising.

Don't they have advertisements for guns of all legal types?
Showing how lethal they are?
Mike.

Actually, I have no idea. I don't watch OTA (over the air) TV or
cable TV, where most of these commercials might appear. I watch
YouTube, which has a few short commercials, including some involving
shooting accessories and legal services. I would think that with all
the TV shows full of guns, death, and mayhem, it would not be
necessary to advertise that guns tend to be lethal. Well, maybe
Hollyweird does engage in some deceptive advertising that could use
some correcting:
"Hollywood Weapons, Fact or Fiction"
https://www.netflix.com/title/81002244

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 11:31:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:

It's the next best thing to being there. My old Sony reproduces blood color quite faithfully.

Death sells because people want to kill somebody.

People want to kill somebody because they got it coming.

That the earth would be improved by your removal from it does not make me want to kill you, or even wish in the slightest for your death or injury. It simply remains a fact.

Much as the incumbent orange toad. Same general observation, but absolutely no wish that it should happen, or to attempt to precipitate said happening. On the latter, however, the toad is working briskly towards its own removal. All good.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"That the earth would be improved by your removal from it does not make me want to kill you, or even wish in the slightest for your death or injury. It simply remains a fact. '

Actually it wouldn't. i have helped people, given away stuff, talked people out of suicide. (sorry about the one of them)

"Much as the incumbent orange toad."

The teacher says name calling is bad.

"On the latter, however, the toad is working briskly towards its own removal."

Your media god is at it again. Every day Trump get closer to being able to get reelected. Know why ? Because the liberals are acting like a bunch of spoiled kindergarteners. Keep i t up and the rest of the NORMAL people who WORK and are PRODUCTIVE in this country will get out and vote, and then the DNC could run Jesus Christ and still lose.

Yes, keep it up. Why don't you find better names for our head of state ? Poopoohead, dupabreath, how about pee spit ?

You can do better than toad, and in fact toad is a racial slur on Black people, I thought Trump was a racist. Can't you even think up names as good as a kidergartener ?

And that mayor of London, I would move to have him ousted. Trump is a head of state, the mayor of a city is NOT. The British government should at least censure him even if they agree with him. It is for their head of state to do any insulting, bot some two bit mayor who feels free to use public venue to slur the head of state of another country. He was out of ****ing line, and that's the bottom line.

If you don't understand that you have no idea what proper ettiquette or statesmanship is, and when the ettiquette is proper. What do you people think ? This is a school playground ?

Beside all the **** liberals are doing to alienate people of normal sensibilities, I'd rather have an orange toad than an autistic hyena for President..
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Your set is stuck on the old west station showing reruns. "

Metv has been running the really old Gunsmokes, I mean Arnez was so young he may have been carded to buy beer.

I like the intro to some of them, Dillon shoots someone and then looks at them very intently as if to say "Are you dead ? If not I gotta waste more rounds on your ass". One of my favorite things on TV.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 8/7/18 3:58 PM, KenW wrote:
How about you take your Trump hating and shove it up your ass

KenW

America is heading toward another civil war

Oh look, another delusional Trumpanzee crawled out from under
their rock.

The only thing Donald's going to get is an orange jump suit.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 4:53:18 PM UTC-4, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Reelected? How's that going to work after he's been impeached?

You can't impeach a president because you don't like him or because you don't agree with his policies.

I didn't vote for him in 16 but as it is right now, I will in 2020.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 8/7/18 5:13 PM, John-Del wrote:
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Reelected? How's that going to work after he's been impeached?

You can't impeach a president because you don't like him or because
you don't agree with his policies.

I didn't vote for him in 16 but as it is right now, I will in 2020.

No, but you can for obstruction of justice, money laundering, working
with/for a foreign government and a host of other things.

Despite claims of a "witch hunt" Mueller has been busy connecting all
the dots. You can cry "fake news" all ya want, but the indictments are
real.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"No, but you can for obstruction of justice, money laundering, working
with/for a foreign government and a host of other things. "

Prove it. You wanted proof on Clinton, why not him ? If he is guilty based on all that rumor and innuendo and statements by assholes and ZERO real evidence, then a pizza is an underage sex slave, sausage means boy, pepperoni means girl.

Hey, somebody said it on TV, it must be true right ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2018-08-08, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
Your ignorance speaks for itself.

Yours speaks louder.

The Left in this country needs to be marginalized, contained, and
eradicated.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Your ignorance speaks for itself. "

Yours is much louder sheeple. BA-A-A-A
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 08/07/2018 02:30 PM, KenW wrote:
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 16:07:09 -0500, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 8/7/18 3:58 PM, KenW wrote:
How about you take your Trump hating and shove it up your ass

KenW

America is heading toward another civil war

Oh look, another delusional Trumpanzee crawled out from under
their rock.

The only thing Donald's going to get is an orange jump suit.

Gee my stocks & bonds are doing great. You just don't read the correct
news, not Liberal bull****.

Can we change Godwin's law so it uses 'Trump' instead of 'Hitler'?
The reason for invoking it seems to be similar.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We thought about one of those discount store caskets, but,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Roger Blake wrote:

The Left in this country needs to be marginalized, contained, and
eradicated.

Whew, the USA would be emptied out dramatically with with such an
action...

--
Daniel Mandic
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 4:44:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:

The teacher says name calling is bad.

http://www.pwconserve.org/graphics/w..._americanm.jpg

Tell me that does not look exactly like the chief resident of the White House - only a great deal more handsome.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Whew, the USA would be emptied out dramatically with with such an
action... "

That would be SOOO great.

You are however overestimating the number of liberals in the country It is easy to do because they are the loudest whiners.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tell me that does not look exactly like the chief resident of the White House - only a great deal more handsome. "

Sorry, you are gong to have to repeat the fourth grade.

And get your eyes checked.

If you people think this is so serious then why all the stupid levity ? What conclusions am I to draw from this information, I mean the name calling and retouching photos like you're on a late night comedy show ?

What do you think people think when they see your stupid ****ing **** ? Are they supposed to consider you of adultmind and respect your opinion ?

Try again. You people are going to lose in 2020. That is almost for sure, keep up the stupidity and it will be for sure when the people on the fence will jump down and vote against you because they see you as immature little ****ing snots.

So keep it up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

That link is to a catalog of amphibians native to Virginia - and not retouched. Making the resemblance uncanny.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have written this before, but sometimes the first application of the clue-stick does not take:

Keep in mind that the Average American:

Does not have a college education, including an Associate Degree (60%).
Does not have a passport (64%).
Speaks one language €“ badly (74%).
Has never traveled voluntarily more than 200 miles from his/her birthplace (57%).
Has never visited a foreign country, not even Mexico or Canada (71%).
Cannot name the Speaker of the House, even today (82%)
Cannot name the three branches of government (64%)
Cannot read at a college level (83%)
Cannot read for content (54%). This person cannot follow written-only directions.
60% of American Households do not buy any book in a year.
Does not believe in Evolution (42% creationism, 32% evolution, 26% no opinion).
Only 74% of eligible voters are registered.
Only 61.6% of registered voters voted in 2016.
Meaning that the average American eligible to vote does not vote (only 45.14% net). **The Average American does not vote**.

This has not one damned thing to do with party, democrat, republican, libertarian, communist, green, whatever. It has to do with massive, systemic and deliberate neglect, and industrial-grade stupidity mixed equally with mil.Spec. ignorance.

And, this is why the likes of tRump can become president of this country. Note, please, that tRump lost the popular vote. Really. This sort of societal negligence and ignorance is how Hitler became Chancellor of Germany.

Some appropriate quotes:

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it.€ŠAdolph Hitler

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.

There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag, and carrying a cross.

Sinclair Lewis

€œBefore mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.€

Hannah Arendt (Who was a frequent dinner guest when I was growing up)

€œIf we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States.€

Henry A. Wallace

€œWhen Fascism came into power, most people were unprepared, both theoretically and practically. They were unable to believe that man could exhibit such propensities for evil, such lust for power, such disregard for the rights of the weak, or such yearning for submission. Only a few had been aware of the rumbling of the volcano preceding the outbreak.€

Erich Fromm

€œThe United States is extremely lucky that no honest, charismatic figure has arisen. Every charismatic figure is such an obvious crook that he destroys himself, like McCarthy or Nixon or the evangelist preachers. If somebody comes along who is charismatic and honest this country is in real trouble because of the frustration, disillusionment, the justified anger and the absence of any coherent response.

Noam Chomsky
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 10:51:21 AM UTC-5, pf...aol.com wrote:

Keep in mind that the Average American:

Does not have a college education, including an Associate Degree (60%).

With the age distribution of the population there is something else to be considered. About 40 or so years ago we had industry, and people made money by sweat, and even by some mechanization in factories etc. I knew a guy who made $ 70,000+ a year not only without a diploma, he also couldn't read. Very rudimentary reading, he knew the word "CAUTION" and whatnot, road signs, all that. But a book, forget it. He was an indoor crane operator at a steel mill and the job required he be there but only had to work when the steel starts rolling out. then it was time to hustle, and hustle he did along with the crew. On top of overtime which was easy because there were a few times he could actually take a nap, and the fact that his team ALWAYS got the performance bonus, he had money. His team also had among the lowest accident rates in the plant. He was valuable, he walked into the boss's office smoking after it had been banned, he could but his boss couldn't ! he also had peoples' lives in his hands, a confined area with an overloaded crane, well that is partly how they always made the bonus. The bottom line is nobody ****ed up. If he had he could have killed a dozen people easily but they didn't **** up because they had a work ethic and they cared. Now, what did an engineer make in 1980 ?

Does not have a passport (64%).

I have no reason for one. I don't really care abut immersing myself in another peoples' culture, I wish I could immerse myself in MY culture, which progressives seem hell bent on destroying.

Speaks one language €“ badly (74%).

Guilty as charged and not proud of it. Being unilingual is a severe disadvantage. When I went to school (kinda) they required one other language in highschool. I think there should be at least 2 mandatory, one elective and recommended 2 or 3 electives. Unfortunately I really am too old, my hearing sucks so that would make it nearly impossible. If I had kids I would not let that happen to them. My Parents did well to make sure I could read and write and know basic numbers before kindergarten, but they had no portent to impel them to push that issue. It was the 1960s, whaddya want ?

Has never traveled voluntarily more than 200 miles from his/her birthplace (57%).

I've been around the country but not out of it. I still go on a road trip once in a while. Been to New Mexico from Ohio, that is as far as I ever went, I almost went to Vegas once but that didn't happen, and forget California.. To me, travel is an option. I like it here, I like the cheap food and beer prices and my dealer. I want a job, I can live like a King on about $ 20 an hour here.

Has never visited a foreign country, not even Mexico or Canada (71%).

No intent, back to the passport thing.

Cannot name the Speaker of the House, even today (82%)

Sure, 6079 ryan p. Or to his friends just like all politicians - "our boy in the house". (I had to look that up, I care so little)

Cannot name the three branches of government (64%)

Neither can the three branches of government it seems sometimes. I can. But I have heard that before, people guessed one is the military, I think someone guessed Exxon. (truer than he thought probably) Hell in California where the probably spend more per pupil than most states we got people who think they can impeach a President with a ballot initiative in the city. Berkely in fact, isn't that where they got a bunch of colleges ?

Cannot read at a college level (83%)

I can, but I didn't learn to read in school. My family would be ashamed to send a kid to school who couldn't reads at least. I urge Parents of today to teach their kids, because the schools won't. If they let the schools do it you get "I am to weak too do to of these" and "I am whering pants wearever I go". I consider that practically illiterate, but they got that sheepskin. hell if they can't read they might as well crawl into it because they will never lead.

Cannot read for content (54%). This person cannot follow written-only directions.

We got people on Usenet who quote and write refuting things with which they agree and we are talking engineers here. (not you, they know who they are)And as far as instructions, I would rather have them printed. Oh and I do not mean written, I mean printed. Cursive writing has no business i business..

60% of American Households do not buy any book in a year.

Internet. Ebooks. Kindle. Are you including that ? OK, some people got a computer and all they do is play games and pretend to write, like "HW R U 2DY' and "CNDY IS FING AL I COT EM IN HS TRUK". But they got the high score on the games. Then every once in a while you run into someone like me, i have no desire to read fiction. I want books but I want science or technology in them.

Does not believe in Evolution (42% creationism, 32% evolution, 26% no opinion).

Before I completely rejected all religion I had that dilemma settled, creating by evolution. Even a scholar I read somewhere when asked at a parochial school or something like that "Evolution of course, but who could do it ?" But adopting that attitude does not mean you reject evolution, it is the real idiot who think that god had a hand like we do and molded Adam our of clay or some ****, and then took a rib and... That is the real bull****, but really when you get into the complexities of life, our bodies, minds, the Earth, the universe and all these conditions just right, the odds are so astronomical against life that it is difficult to believe it wass just a chance happening. I am not saying that is what I believe, but I understand what many of the people who are not stupid believe. The really stupid ones are indoctrinated. Tell ya what, we should let the kids drink but not allow them any access to religion until they're 18 or maybe 21. Actually IIRC in countries where they let the kids drink there is less alcohol addiction. that might be very old information so don't take it to the bank, but I didn't make it up.

Only 74% of eligible voters are registered.

Many believe there is nobody for whom to vote. Look at 2016 for the reason, in face 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, nobody voted FOR anyone, just against the other. And that is probably going to keep Trump in the big chair in 2020, because really, who else is there who is not owned ? (I know nobody wants him but even if they did ... he obviously can't be embarrassed, very hard to blackmail because he just doesn't give a ****)

Only 61.6% of registered voters voted in 2016.

Same difference, vote for WHOM ???

Meaning that the average American eligible to vote does not vote (only 45..14% net). **The Average American does not vote**. "

Got a good candidate I am sure they;ll have a look. People don't vote because it won't change anything, except it did in 2016. Was it Churchill who said "If voting could change anything it would be illegal" ?

This has not one damned thing to do with party, democrat, republican, libertarian, communist, green, whatever. It has to do with massive, systemic and deliberate neglect, and industrial-grade stupidity mixed equally with mil.Spec. ignorance.

it is not stupidity that keeps them away from the polls,it is apathy. Not to worry, there are still enough stupid people to keep big business and government rich for years to come.

And, this is why the likes of tRump can become president of this country. Note, please, that tRump lost the popular vote. Really. This sort of societal negligence and ignorance is how Hitler became Chancellor of Germany.

Number one, Trump got elected because the DNC tried to shove that autistic bitch down the peoples' throat. And the popular vote ? A real landslide was it ? A whole 3 million out of 139 million. Damn, I guess now that the People have won it is tie to change the system right ?

[...]

And those peoples' opinions and a dollar will get you three quarters, two dimes and a nickel.

You are not wrong, you are just not focusing on the right things. not uncommon these days.