Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to repair the LCD display of a digital watch

I have an old timex marathon watch. Model number 745 e or f 8. It has water damage to the LCD screen. Will isopropyl alcohol or anything else help get this black streak mark out on the LCD screen? Will cleaning up the rust in the LCD screen help as well or is it just to late? Timex will not replace this LCD screen as this watch is so old it has been discontinued. I would post a picture of the damaged watch with the bad LCD screen but I don't know how. I can also say this, when taking into a watch repair place, they took the LCD screen apart and it when putting it back together the little black streak mark across the watch went from little to big! They made the situation worse! Please help me with this as to anyone having suggestions. My name is Robert! Thanks!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Also, will trying isopropyl alcohol on the LCD screen help if there is already this black line in my old timex marathon watch or is it just to late. If your only suggestion is to call timex and ask them for A replacement for this LCD screen that option won't work as they dont make this watch anymore or service parts for this watch anymore. So any help as to if this watch LCD screen can be repaired would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to be here from you all soon. Robert.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Most of the Timex Marathon watches are very inexpensive -- any repair would quickly eclipse the price of a new watch. Even if Timex could supply a replacement, it would not make sense to go down that route.