Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Switchboard Indicator Lamps

I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,
24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUM...r-24PSB-21U505

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to
replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped
base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?
--
Paul Hovnanian
If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I would be unstoppable!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 16/06/2018 01:12, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,
24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUM...r-24PSB-21U505

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to
replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped
base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?

I'm in the process of bulk disposal of my old shop stock, as you can see
from the last update date
http://www.diverse.ip3.co.uk/compfull.htm
in the UK though, as in the pic you refereed to.
IIRC they came from an aircraft repair facility , so maybe used in
cockpits also
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 16.06.2018 02:12, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,
24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUM...r-24PSB-21U505

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to
replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped
base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?

Look for "Slide Base T6.8". For example SM2420G (24V 0.5W) are in stock
at Mouser.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2018/06/15 5:12 PM, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,
24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUM...r-24PSB-21U505

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to
replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped
base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?

T-2 bulbs measure 1-11/16" in total length. You are looking for 24C1
Telephone and Indicator bulbs according to my old light bulb spec guide.
They are rated as 0.06 - 085A, 1900 Footcandles, average cold resistance
33R, hours life = 5000.

I might have those in my ancient parts stock if you can't find them
elsewhere.

At least you know what you are looking for now!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2018/06/16 11:57 AM, John Robertson wrote:
[...]

And here are some!

https://www.topbulb.com/light-bulbs/...lbs/slide-base

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 16-6-2018 2:12, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,
24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

https://www.grainger.com/product/LUM...r-24PSB-21U505

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to
replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped
base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?

Last time I had one of these fail, I soldered a led in
the metal part.