DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PHILIPS PM5515 Pattern Generator: Display problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/610579-philips-pm5515-pattern-generator-display-problem.html)

Bo-Lennart May 10th 18 03:19 PM

PHILIPS PM5515 Pattern Generator: Display problem

Hi....I have an PHILIPS PATTERN GENERATOR, model: PM5515.
There is a problem with the display. Mostly it is dark, but sometime its working. When it's working, I can see that there are 2 segments out of order.
I have looked everywhere for a new one, but I can't find it.
The display is named: SI35035. Is there someone out there that know where I can find a new one (or a used, if its working).

The display is a module, included a 34-bit Shift register/34-bit latches and 34 bit buffer/driver for the four 7-segments LED digit. The data is feed into the module with I2C (SDA and SCL). There is also a pin DISPLAY ENABLE, that open up the SDA-signal to the display.
Service-manual is he

https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/PHILIPS/PH...%20Service.pdf

You can find the display at page # 39.

Can someone help me solve this problem?