DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/609956-need-bulb-vivitar-253-flash-unit.html)

[email protected] May 1st 18 07:15 PM

need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit

I have a Vivitar 253 flash unit, it has two problems 1. The power leads to the battery terminals were corroded and need to be re-soldered. I can fix those easy. 2. one of the leads to the bulb for the calculation dial is busted right at the bulb, so I can't just re-solder that. I need a new bulb. its LT1 in the circuit diagram shown on this web page. http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_st...ml#STRBFAQ_069

Anybody have a lead on a replacement bulb? Thanks

[email protected] May 1st 18 08:45 PM

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 1:15:51 PM UTC-4, Dan Heil wrote:
I have a Vivitar 253 flash unit, it has two problems 1. The power leads to the battery terminals were corroded and need to be re-soldered. I can fix those easy. 2. one of the leads to the bulb for the calculation dial is busted right at the bulb, so I can't just re-solder that. I need a new bulb. its LT1 in the circuit diagram shown on this web page. http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_st...ml#STRBFAQ_069

Anybody have a lead on a replacement bulb? Thanks

http://www.grote.com/family/replacement-flash-tubes/

Tried these guys?

Or:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/flash-tube

Dan Heil May 1st 18 09:43 PM

need bulb for Vivitar 253 flash unit

http://www.grote.com/family/replacement-flash-tubes/

Tried these guys?

Or:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/flash-tube

I need the light bulb for the indicator dial, not the flash tube.

[email protected] May 1st 18 09:55 PM

On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 3:43:56 PM UTC-4, Dan Heil wrote:

I need the light bulb for the indicator dial, not the flash tube.

Ah, sorry - I believe those are common neon lamps (NE-2 or-equal).

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA