Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default On Trolls

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 04:54:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 5:03:53 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:55:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

All:

Methinks that should be "You All" or "Y'all".

Given my location, were I to indulge in a colloquial form of plural
address, it would be Youns, pronounced Yuns to rhyme with Huns.
As that would fly over the head of 50% of the population, and
beneath the dignity of 49%, I will stick with the stodgy "All".

I haven't heard that pronounciation. One of my customers, from
somewhere in the south, ocassionally says "all". I have trouble
distinguishing his "all" from "oil". Both sound exactly the same to
me.

My husband tries to speak without a southern accent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4arBraMyp0Q

My wife is from Virginia, and even after 36 years, I still do not
entirely understand the various forms of y'all, and how they are
applied. There are at least six (6).

I only know the two that I mentioned. I must be culturally deprived.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Blocking trolls Guess who Woodworking 0 January 14th 05 09:40 PM
Does one boring musing beat two trolls? oh no! not craft/art Arch Woodturning 12 November 10th 04 08:06 PM
CAUTION - Trolls returning? Greg Millen Woodworking 6 October 25th 04 02:50 PM
OT -(Imagine that, here in THIS NG) Stop feeding the trolls! Tom Gardner Metalworking 17 March 24th 04 12:45 PM
what is a trolls ? Steven Van Densen Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 05:25 PM