DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gigaware 40-221 Ipod dock with clock radio problem solved. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/608220-gigaware-40-221-ipod-dock-clock-radio-problem-solved.html)

Chuck[_20_] April 3rd 18 04:25 AM

Gigaware 40-221 Ipod dock with clock radio problem solved.

The radio was working before I moved. I unpacked it and plugged it in.
There was a half of a display but no sound. After resetting it a few
times, I had a display and sound for a few seconds. Let it sit over
night and it was totally dead. I was going to buy a new radio since I
had to go to an early morning appointment tomorrow. I moved to a rural
area and all the radios that were available were crap audiowise. Since
that was the case, I replaced the backup AAA batteries and the radio
works fine. Great design. If the backup batteries fail in a certain
way, the radio dies.

---

Terry Schwartz April 3rd 18 05:30 PM

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 9:25:15 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
The radio was working before I moved. I unpacked it and plugged it in.
There was a half of a display but no sound. After resetting it a few
times, I had a display and sound for a few seconds. Let it sit over
night and it was totally dead. I was going to buy a new radio since I
had to go to an early morning appointment tomorrow. I moved to a rural
area and all the radios that were available were crap audiowise. Since
that was the case, I replaced the backup AAA batteries and the radio
works fine. Great design. If the backup batteries fail in a certain
way, the radio dies.

---

Maybe the thing is running on those backup batteries, at least in part. It'll be interesting to see how long it behaves normally on the new set of batteries.