DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maxell Batteries (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/608201-maxell-batteries.html)

J.B. Wood[_2_] April 2nd 18 05:43 PM

Maxell Batteries

Hello, all and I'd welcome any input on subject quality relative to
equivalents available from Duracell or Energizer. The Maxell SR626SW
(Eveready 377) Silver Oxide and CR2016 Lithium cells are standard usage
in electronic watches, and I'd like to focus on these. Thanks for your
time and comment. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

[email protected] April 2nd 18 05:57 PM

Maxell Batteries

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 12:43:09 PM UTC-4, J.B. Wood wrote:
Hello, all and I'd welcome any input on subject quality relative to
equivalents available from Duracell or Energizer. The Maxell SR626SW
(Eveready 377) Silver Oxide and CR2016 Lithium cells are standard usage
in electronic watches, and I'd like to focus on these. Thanks for your
time and comment. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Maxell makes a good battery and have been around for many year. At the same time, we bulk-purchase our button cells.

https://www.bestbyte.net/energizer-c...packaging.html

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] April 2nd 18 09:09 PM

Maxell Batteries

On Monday, 2 April 2018 17:43:09 UTC+1, J.B. Wood wrote:

Hello, all and I'd welcome any input on subject quality relative to
equivalents available from Duracell or Energizer. The Maxell SR626SW
(Eveready 377) Silver Oxide and CR2016 Lithium cells are standard usage
in electronic watches, and I'd like to focus on these. Thanks for your
time and comment. Sincerely,

I don't have data on silver & lithium, but when it comes to alkalines most brands are not far apart in capacity. Silly advertising budgets don't increase the capacity it turns out.

NT

Mike_Duffy April 3rd 18 12:34 AM

Maxell Batteries

On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:09:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

when it comes to alkalines most brands are not far apart in capacity.

True. Energizer (tm) batteries are supposed to have enhanced anti-leak
protection. This appears to be accurate. I recently replaced some that were
in a cheapo digital camera I keep in my car for accidents. They had been
full, but had not leaked fluid at all even though completely dead after a
few years of current microdrainage. Like most devices, the 'off' setting
(move a slide to cover the lens) apparently just puts it into a low-power
standby mode. They had endured a few winters (min -30C) and summers (max
+50C? interior) as well.

Despite that, I plan to leave them loose in the case in the future.

Bob F April 5th 18 07:31 PM

Maxell Batteries

On 4/2/2018 4:34 PM, Mike_Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:09:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

when it comes to alkalines most brands are not far apart in capacity.

True. Energizer (tm) batteries are supposed to have enhanced anti-leak
protection. This appears to be accurate. I recently replaced some that were
in a cheapo digital camera I keep in my car for accidents. They had been
full, but had not leaked fluid at all even though completely dead after a
few years of current microdrainage. Like most devices, the 'off' setting
(move a slide to cover the lens) apparently just puts it into a low-power
standby mode. They had endured a few winters (min -30C) and summers (max
+50C? interior) as well.

Despite that, I plan to leave them loose in the case in the future.

I just put a piece of paper between one battery and it's contact.

Adrian Caspersz April 6th 18 04:52 PM

Maxell Batteries

On 05/04/18 19:31, Bob F wrote:
On 4/2/2018 4:34 PM, Mike_Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 2 Apr 2018 13:09:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

when it comes to alkalines most brands are not far apart in capacity.

..

Despite that, I plan to leave them loose in the case in the future.

I just put a piece of paper between one battery and it's contact.

I've had cells leak when not installed, but kept in a drawer.

Remove 'em.

--
Adrian C