Electronics Repair (sci.electronics.repair) Discussion of repairing electronic equipment. Topics include requests for assistance, where to obtain servicing information and parts, techniques for diagnosis and repair, and annecdotes about success, failures and problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #43   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Monday, 5 March 2018 03:41:43 UTC, wrote:

None of this bull**** will do any good in nature. I am in the middle of
the woods and dont have any tools. I want to measure the distance
between two huge bolders. All I have to do is take off my shoes, begin
by the first bolder and put one foot in front of my other foot until I
get to the second bolder. After 32 foot steps, I arrive at bolder #2. I
now know that the distance between those bolders is 32 FEET.
How much more natural is that? The human body has a built in measuring
device. You dont need no goddamn slide rules and computers to determine
the earth's rotation or any of that nonsense. Just use the FEET that you
got when you were born.


However, if you want to cheat, and measure 60 inches with your tape
measure, you have a 15 hand horse. (5 foot tall). One hand is considered
to be 4 inches.


If I want to measure walkable distances without tools, which occasionally happens, I use yards or metres. Human feet are seldom a foot long.

Don't think I ever met a grown person with 4" hands.


NT
  #44   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 411
Default Name this knob

On Sun, 04 Mar 2018 12:39:04 -0600, Chuck wrote:

way, Merle was hip and wrote this song as satire. You might want to
check out Merle's favorite singer Iris DeMent if you still don't get
it.


Obviously it was a satire. Merle is cool. I like his music.
Some people are just too goddamn serious.... and take everything
literally. Bible thumpers are wayyyyy too serious.....
The south seems like it's full of them types of people.

  #45   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 411
Default Name this knob

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 01:06:24 -0000, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

I'm not interested.


Bye.


You stand no place of winning with the asshole you were replying to. I
killfiled that Fox Killer long ago. People as hateful as him should not
be allowed online, or in public. But some people were just born to be
assholes I guess.



  #47   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 635
Default Name this knob

On 03/05/2018 03:51 AM, wrote:
On Monday, 5 March 2018 03:41:43 UTC, wrote:

None of this bull**** will do any good in nature. I am in the middle of
the woods and dont have any tools. I want to measure the distance
between two huge bolders. All I have to do is take off my shoes, begin
by the first bolder and put one foot in front of my other foot until I
get to the second bolder. After 32 foot steps, I arrive at bolder #2. I
now know that the distance between those bolders is 32 FEET.
How much more natural is that? The human body has a built in measuring
device. You dont need no goddamn slide rules and computers to determine
the earth's rotation or any of that nonsense. Just use the FEET that you
got when you were born.


However, if you want to cheat, and measure 60 inches with your tape
measure, you have a 15 hand horse. (5 foot tall). One hand is considered
to be 4 inches.


If I want to measure walkable distances without tools, which occasionally happens, I use yards or metres. Human feet are seldom a foot long.

Don't think I ever met a grown person with 4" hands.


The 'hand' is the width of the palm, not the finger span.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs



--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
  #48   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 173
Default Name this knob

This degenerated, but I do like the ability to estimate with body parts. 300 mm does nothing for me mentally. 30.0 cm does a better job.

The TS/OP can 3D print a part. Also look for ones that have already been done.

....
Good thing there was no problem with changing from " cps, kcps & Mcps "
to " Hz, kHz and MHz ".

Or was there .....

There was, sort of, I had a valve car Blaupunkt radio whose dial was graduated in increasing wavelength (Not frequency). That's the a RPN (reverse Polish Notation) radio vs an Algebraic radio that everyone uses.
  #49   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 411
Default Name this knob

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 17:14:28 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

If I want to measure walkable distances without tools, which occasionally happens,
I use yards or metres. Human feet are seldom a foot long.


I always wondered who's feet they used to develop the original foot (as
in 12"). Human feet vary greatly in size. Of course children have
shorter feet and women usually do also. Adult males usually
have feet as close to 12" as possible.
In my case, I wear a size 11 shoe. My feet measure 10 5/8" from heel to
tip of longest toe. To measure something with my feet, I'm best off
doing it with my shoes on. They are very close to 12" on the outside. Of
course that too depends on the type of shoe or boot. My big old heavy
winter boots are over 13", but well insulated.

I met a guy once who needs size 15 shoes. Them are some big honking
feet!!! He had to go to a special store to buy shoes.


Don't think I ever met a grown person with 4" hands.


The 'hand' is the width of the palm, not the finger span.


That's Correct.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs



BTW
In metric, my size 11 shoes would be 27.94cm (28cm). That seems totally
awkward.....

But then there are men who prefer to measure their male organ in metric,
because the number is larger, they seem to think it makes them sound
more masculine. So the average 6" penis is now a 15.24cm penis...
I'm sorry to say, but it's the same damn size, and it wont impress the
women any more !!!


  #50   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 633
Default Name this knob

On 3/5/18 11:42 PM, Ron D. wrote:
There was, sort of, I had a valve car Blaupunkt radio
whose dial was graduated in increasing wavelength (Not
frequency). That's the a RPN (reverse Polish Notation)
radio vs an Algebraic radio that everyone uses.


I have an American made AA5 in the shop that is also
graduated in wavelength rather than frequency.

But my personal favorite is one with 1500 on the left and
550 on the right.



--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com


  #52   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 06:27:04 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/5/18 11:42 PM, Ron D. wrote:


There was, sort of, I had a valve car Blaupunkt radio
whose dial was graduated in increasing wavelength (Not
frequency). That's the a RPN (reverse Polish Notation)
radio vs an Algebraic radio that everyone uses.


I have an American made AA5 in the shop that is also
graduated in wavelength rather than frequency.

But my personal favorite is one with 1500 on the left and
550 on the right.


I have radios marked 0-10 or 0-100. They're fun to use.


NT
  #53   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 446
Default Name this knob

On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 6:55:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, 6 March 2018 06:27:04 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 3/5/18 11:42 PM, Ron D. wrote:


There was, sort of, I had a valve car Blaupunkt radio
whose dial was graduated in increasing wavelength (Not
frequency). That's the a RPN (reverse Polish Notation)
radio vs an Algebraic radio that everyone uses.


I have an American made AA5 in the shop that is also
graduated in wavelength rather than frequency.

But my personal favorite is one with 1500 on the left and
550 on the right.


I have radios marked 0-10 or 0-100. They're fun to use.


NT


Some late 20s superhets used a 0-100 scale, in keeping with the TRF three dial scales.
  #54   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 635
Default Name this knob

On 03/06/2018 12:42 AM, Ron D. wrote:
This degenerated, but I do like the ability to estimate with body parts. 300 mm does nothing for me mentally. 30.0 cm does a better job.

The TS/OP can 3D print a part. Also look for ones that have already been done.

...
Good thing there was no problem with changing from " cps, kcps & Mcps "
to " Hz, kHz and MHz ".


I still write Mc on whiteboards and paper schematics, because it's
faster. The official switch to hertz predates me, but I always did like
old radio books--I'm just re-reading "Superregenerative Receivers" by
Whitehead. Magic.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics
Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
  #56   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 125
Default Name this knob

On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 8:21:40 AM UTC-8, wrote:
As to KM vs. Miles - sheesh! I have driven in 8 countries on three continents.
Only one uses MPH. One is courteous enough to put up the signs in both in many
locations (Saudi), and one does so on main highways (Both of them - Bahrain).
It is _REALLY_ hard to remember that 62.5 MPH = 100 KPH, and that 75 MPH = 120
KPH. And so on and so forth.

About a decade ago, I was told that in Ireland the road distances are posted in km whilst the speed limits are given in mph. When I asked a few years ago, I was assured that this was still true. However, from my point of view, this is just hearsay since I have not actually witnessed it.
  #57   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,249
Default Name this knob

wrote:

-------------------------


About a decade ago, I was told that in Ireland the road distances are posted in km whilst the speed limits are given in mph.


** Since 2005, Irish speed limits are posted in km/hr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_s..._Ireland#Signs



..... Phil
  #58   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,045
Default Name this knob

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 00:20:56 -0000, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

(...)
That means that you got all the arrogance we got plus about 14 % more.


Just because we run everything, manage everything, own everything, and
control everything, doesn't mean we have to arrogant about it. Being
arrogant in public is a quick ticket to an immediate downfall,
something Jews are well aware of. We may be the smartest, best, most
powerful, and most knowledgeable, but it would stupid to mention it in
public. It tends to attract attention, something we really don't need
or want.


I agree, probably because I wrote that. You really should spend some
time learning how to properly format a Usenet posting, so that my
rants are properly attributed to their rightful author.

On April 19, Israel celebrates 70 years of independence. Every year
for at least the last 15 years, a document approximately titled "Facts
about Israel" is recirculated. Plenty of variations to choose from
online, all of them somewhat different:
https://www.google.com/search?q=facts+about+israel
Besides the usual boasting about firsts, Nobel prizes, and innovation,
there are some interesting items of trivia:

https://jewishnewhaven.org/press-releases/70-surprising-facts-about-israel
70) Many Jerusalem apartment leases include the strange stipulation
that if and when the Messiah comes, the lease is void and the tenants
must move out.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Israel-a-normal-country/answer/Aishwarya-300?share=fae3ec62&srid=76iC
1) There are over 100 sushi restaurants in Tel Aviv...

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/65-facts-you-didn-t-know-about-israel-1.43742
25. Microsoft has more employees in israel than it does per capita
anywhere in the world.

62. Israel is one of only three democracies in the world without a
codified constitution. The others are Britain and New Zealand.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #59   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 02:40:52 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

62. Israel is one of only three democracies in the world without a
codified constitution. The others are Britain and New Zealand.


We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.


NT
  #60   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,625
Default Name this knob

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:12:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:

We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.


The Magna Carta was written between the lesser and the greater nobles - and had very damned little to do with the serfs. Keep that in mind. Just as the US constitution was written by and for white property-owners - those able to vote at the time.

We have this naive way of re-writing history and taking older information and applying it to situations to which it is neither sensitive nor does it apply. For the edification of Old School, The American Constitution (and American Law as it derives from it) was and is based on English Law (as compared to Roman Law, subsequently, Napoleonic Law), and the Magna Carta is the first inkling of that. And, the bedrock of English Law is the principle that *What is not Forbidden, is Permitted". This is the direct opposite of Roman Law. And the 9th & 10 amendments in the Bill of Rights is the direct expression of this. Please note:

The US Constitution does not speak to:
Homosexuality
Marriage
The National Flag
Abortion
Transgenders
Made in USA

nor many of the other red-meat neo-con issues of the present day. By direct application of Constitutional Principles, all of the above are entirely of no consequence within the context of the Social Contract. I suggest you read your Locke.

For what it's worth, the United States has the longest-lived continuous government in the world - for the moment. And, please do not give me crap about England. The British government of today is nothing like it was under George III.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA


  #62   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 12:44:34 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:12:52 AM UTC-5, tabby wrote:


We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.


The Magna Carta was written between the lesser and the greater nobles - and


correct

had very damned little to do with the serfs. Keep that in mind.


wrong wrong wrong.

XXIX. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.[228]


For what it's worth, the United States has the longest-lived continuous government in the world - for the moment. And, please do not give me crap about England. The British government of today is nothing like it was under George III.


I don't plan to, I was just correcting your major error. XXIX is absolutely key.


NT
  #63   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 12:54:16 UTC, Mike Coon wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr says...
On Friday, 9 March 2018 02:40:52 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

62. Israel is one of only three democracies in the world without a
codified constitution. The others are Britain and New Zealand.


We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.


NT


I was looking at a presentation on and of Magna Carta in Salisbury on
Wednesday. (Unconnected with the fuss about the poisoning of a russian
spy, his daughter and a policeman in that city last weekend.)

IIRC less than 10% of its provisions are still encoded in current law
according to the modern translation.


3 bits are still law, of which the one I quoted is rather important. It may not be much quantity of a constitution compared to the US etc, but it's very important nonetheless.

Of course having a constitution does not ensure it gets enforced, as every country can demonstrate.


NT
  #64   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,625
Default Name this knob

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:01:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:


XXIX. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.[228]


You must be a very happy individual.

In 1215:

Nobles and the Church held 75% of the land in England, and were less than 1% of the population.

As follows:

Class Holdings % of Population

Nobles & Church 75% 0.1%
Freemen 19% 10%
Villiens 1% 41%
Bordars 5% 32% (House-Villiens more-or-less)
Slaves 0% 7%

Now, let's see some more blather about how the Magna Carta was such a wonderful document when it applied to less than 11% of the population. Seminal, perhaps. But as written and as applied at the time, it kept the villiens in their place and the landowners in theirs.

Taking things out of context and in what appears to be complete ignorance of historical conditions and facts generally not a good practice.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
  #65   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 14:51:28 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 8:01:40 AM UTC-5, tabby wrote:


XXIX. NO Freeman shall be taken or imprisoned, or be disseised of his Freehold, or Liberties, or free Customs, or be outlawed, or exiled, or any other wise destroyed; nor will We not pass upon him, nor condemn him, but by lawful judgment of his Peers, or by the Law of the land. We will sell to no man, we will not deny or defer to any man either Justice or Right.[228]


You must be a very happy individual.

In 1215:

Nobles and the Church held 75% of the land in England, and were less than 1% of the population.

As follows:

Class Holdings % of Population

Nobles & Church 75% 0.1%
Freemen 19% 10%
Villiens 1% 41%
Bordars 5% 32% (House-Villiens more-or-less)
Slaves 0% 7%

Now, let's see some more blather about how the Magna Carta was such a wonderful document when it applied to less than 11% of the population. Seminal, perhaps. But as written and as applied at the time, it kept the villiens in their place and the landowners in theirs.

Taking things out of context and in what appears to be complete ignorance of historical conditions and facts generally not a good practice.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA


I think you'll find that extract applied to everyone, and still does.


NT


  #66   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,625
Default Name this knob

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:15:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I think you'll find that extract applied to everyone, and still does.


I do not think so. "Freeman" was a specific term-of-art at the time (the Latin liber homo) meaning an individual unencumbered by servitude or obligations to a lord or land-owner. NOT a serf (Villien), House-Serf (Bordar) or slave. Freemen could own land, farm it in their own right, 'own' villiens, even Bordars and slaves. Villiens, Bordars or slaves could not and were obligated to their lords.

A Villien was, by definition, not free, but a Freeman could descend into Villieny by loss-of-land or position.

The Magna-Carta as a great emancipation document is wishful thinking. It was a brilliant move by Henry III to define, solidify and enhance his power by seeming to give up something he did not want and did not affect him in any case. Latter day interpretations are much as latter-day interpretations of the US Constitution - as justifications for laws and behaviors that would have evolved in any case and/or would be self-evident were issues of politics, race, class and religion not contaminating human behavior.

Note that Henry lasted 52 years after the latest version of the MC was signed (by him) in 1225. A long time, indeed.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
  #67   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 17:38:42 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:15:07 PM UTC-5, tabby wrote:


I think you'll find that extract applied to everyone, and still does.


I do not think so. "Freeman" was a specific term-of-art at the time (the Latin liber homo) meaning an individual unencumbered by servitude or obligations to a lord or land-owner. NOT a serf (Villien), House-Serf (Bordar) or slave. Freemen could own land, farm it in their own right, 'own' villiens, even Bordars and slaves. Villiens, Bordars or slaves could not and were obligated to their lords.

A Villien was, by definition, not free, but a Freeman could descend into Villieny by loss-of-land or position.

The Magna-Carta as a great emancipation document is wishful thinking. It was a brilliant move by Henry III to define, solidify and enhance his power by seeming to give up something he did not want and did not affect him in any case. Latter day interpretations are much as latter-day interpretations of the US Constitution - as justifications for laws and behaviors that would have evolved in any case and/or would be self-evident were issues of politics, race, class and religion not contaminating human behavior.

Note that Henry lasted 52 years after the latest version of the MC was signed (by him) in 1225. A long time, indeed.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA


Most of us are today freemen.
  #68   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,625
Default Name this knob

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 2:23:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, 9 March 2018 17:38:42 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 12:15:07 PM UTC-5, tabby wrote:


I think you'll find that extract applied to everyone, and still does.


I do not think so. "Freeman" was a specific term-of-art at the time (the Latin liber homo) meaning an individual unencumbered by servitude or obligations to a lord or land-owner. NOT a serf (Villien), House-Serf (Bordar) or slave. Freemen could own land, farm it in their own right, 'own' villiens, even Bordars and slaves. Villiens, Bordars or slaves could not and were obligated to their lords.

A Villien was, by definition, not free, but a Freeman could descend into Villieny by loss-of-land or position.

The Magna-Carta as a great emancipation document is wishful thinking. It was a brilliant move by Henry III to define, solidify and enhance his power by seeming to give up something he did not want and did not affect him in any case. Latter day interpretations are much as latter-day interpretations of the US Constitution - as justifications for laws and behaviors that would have evolved in any case and/or would be self-evident were issues of politics, race, class and religion not contaminating human behavior.

Note that Henry lasted 52 years after the latest version of the MC was signed (by him) in 1225. A long time, indeed.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA


Most of us are today freemen.


800 years later, that remains debatable. But, under the law-as-an-ideal, sure. As-practiced, not so much unless one is a white male, reasonably well-off and a property owner that votes. As to that latter, and votes per the instructions of the inimitable Alphonse Gabriel Capone - early and often.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

  #70   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,625
Default Name this knob

The advantage of an unwritten Constitution is that it allows multiple parties to be Right.

The advantage to English Law is that it allows multiple parties and opinions to coexist as it requires compromise in order to function at all.

The disadvantage to both the above is that the are remarkably sloppy and remarkably disorganized. Brits "muddle through" for good reason. But, muddle they do.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA


  #71   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,045
Default Name this knob

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 12:28:53 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

The advantage of an unwritten Constitution is that it
allows multiple parties to be Right.

The advantage to English Law is that it allows multiple
parties and opinions to coexist as it requires compromise
in order to function at all.

The disadvantage to both the above is that the are
remarkably sloppy and remarkably disorganized. Brits
"muddle through" for good reason. But, muddle they do.


Israel did it's best to copy all the mistakes and disadvantages of the
British parliamentary system in 1948. For example, Britain has 650
members of parliament and about 10 active political parties.
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/current-state-of-the-parties/
The Israeli Knesset has 120 seats, 17 parties with seats, and a huge
number of minor parties that appear and disappear as the crisis of the
day warrants.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Israel
Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Perhaps if Israel increases
the number of seats in the Knesset, the number of parties might
decrease?

Fortunately, there are better ways to settle disagreements available
to middle east politicians:
"Jordan MP challenges firebrand Israeli MK to a duel"
https://www.timesofisrael.com/jordan-mp-challenges-firebrand-israeli-lawmaker-to-duel/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #72   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,045
Default Name this knob

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 12:55:52 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Fortunately, there are better ways to settle disagreements available
to middle east politicians:
"Jordan MP challenges firebrand Israeli MK to a duel"
https://www.timesofisrael.com/jordan-mp-challenges-firebrand-israeli-lawmaker-to-duel/


Incidentally, Israel has been debating the merits of having or not
having a written constitution since 1950.
https://www.knesset.gov.il/description/eng/eng_mimshal_hoka.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Israel
70 successful years without a written constitution seems to indicate
that the situation will be permanent. Sorry, but no duels are
currently scheduled in order to settle the matter.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #73   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,364
Default Name this knob

On Friday, 9 March 2018 20:18:40 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 03:12:49 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 9 March 2018 02:40:52 UTC, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

62. Israel is one of only three democracies in the world without a
codified constitution. The others are Britain and New Zealand.


We (UK) have the Magna Carta. While its provisions are few, one of them is more than a little important.
NT


That's not a constitution.


sure it is. It may only have one useful provision, but it's the most important one possible, and is the legal & human rights foundation on which modern Britain exists.


NT
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
optical knob encoder: HP/Agilent 33120A freq generator, tuning-knob failure Winfield Hill Electronics Repair 27 August 15th 11 10:19 AM
Stuck Electric Shower Knob rizwanriaz UK diy 1 December 16th 04 12:48 PM
Door knob latch hole is too big... gk245 Woodworking 3 April 5th 04 04:28 PM
Ferrolio Optima 901 relief valve test knob Ted UK diy 3 January 8th 04 03:12 AM
Enlarging an existing door knob hole...HELP! anthony Woodworking 21 August 12th 03 04:11 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"