Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Default Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

On Thu, 4 Jan 2018 14:39:11 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

It won't until you killfile harry newton.

Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit, who is again,
lamely following people around the net like the little retard child he is.

This is a moving graph of what Snit/Fox's Mercantile claimed was dB!
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg

All Fox's Mercantile/Snit saw was a moving graph for heavens' sake.

Snit/Fox's Mercantile is *that* stupid!

Just look at this hilarious video, where he makes an utter fool of himself,
and doesn't even realize that he probably the *dumbest* of all the Apple
Apologists, even dumber than is Jolly Roger and Lewis (which is hard to
fathom).

Proof that Snit/Fox's Mercantile is an utter moron Apple Apologist:
https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo

Snit === Fox's Mercantile
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/11/18 9:09 AM, Harry Newton wrote:
Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit

You ignorant ****. to paraphrase the replies during the
McCarthy witch hunts, "I am not now, nor have I ever been, Snit."

Unlike you, I do not hide behind an anonymous name that changes
constantly.

Although I'm touched that you find it necessary to attack me.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Wrong again you ignorant ****.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Why does Jimmy Neutron remind me of Andre Jute in another group? But without the inadvertent humor, of course. And, so far, no sock-puppets (well, maybe rickman).

Does anyone have location/actual name for this creature? It would be incredibly funny to get a picture of it under its natural rock - for all to see.

Just look for the stack of old tires, spavined BMW, and now a police cruiser rotting in the front yard.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:53:36 -0600, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 1/11/18 9:09 AM, Harry Newton wrote:
Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit

Wrong again you ignorant ****.

Could you repeat this message? I only have three of them. :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 11:15:50 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Could you repeat this message? I only have three of them. :-)

Hey, I have an idea!

Jimmy Neutron and Rickman form a new newsgroup:

sci.specious.arguments.repair

Then, they could massage each other as much as they wanted, and with no negative feedback, vulgarity or name-calling!

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 2018-01-11, Harry Newton wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:44:39 -0500, nospam wrote:

*all* batteries degrade over time. there is no getting around that, at
least with today's technology.

Only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year".

It must be true, y'all - he read it on the INTARWEBS.

JR
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 2018-01-11, Harry Newton wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:06:39 -0500, nospam wrote:

Yep, all batteries degrade with time and use.

exactly the point.

only Apple iPhone batteries consistently fail within a year

Untrue.

JR

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 2018-01-11, Harry Newton wrote:

I just supplied a quote that says only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart
after a year"

Blogger opinions aren't facts, and you haven't provided any factual data
showing that iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year" either, because
it doesn't exist.

Basically, you must logically *halve* any benchmark for an iPhone, if you
plan to own an iPhone for more than a year.

Untrue, as anyone who has owned iPhones for longer than a year knows
well.

Troll, troll, troll your boat...

JR
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/11/18, 8:09 AM, in article , "Harry Newton"
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:04:40 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

+IBw-You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled
to your own facts.+IB0-

Bear in mind that Fox' Mercantile is the utter moron Snit,

You recently asked for an example of your lies. This is one. Trivial to
quote.

Now you might claim I cannot prove I am NOT someone else. Well, sure, but
you have absolutely no basis for your accusation... no reason to think it is
true because it is not true.

It is a lie on your part. Period.

You have been caught lying. Again.

who is again,
lamely following people around the net like the little retard child he is.

You are the one who repeatedly brings up my name... actively seeking to get
my attention. So, again, your claim about me is a lie.

Your lies are very easy to quote!

This is a moving graph of what Snit/Fox's Mercantile claimed was dB!
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg

I made no such claim. Your accusation about me is a lie.

All Fox's Mercantile/Snit saw was a moving graph for heavens' sake.

Snit/Fox's Mercantile is *that* stupid!

Just look at this hilarious video, where he makes an utter fool of himself,
and doesn't even realize that he probably the *dumbest* of all the Apple
Apologists, even dumber than is Jolly Roger and Lewis (which is hard to
fathom).

Proof that Snit/Fox's Mercantile is an utter moron Apple Apologist:
https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo

Snit === Fox's Mercantile

Another of your lies.

You lie non-stop.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:47:32 -0600, wrote:

Then:
1. What's your complaint?
2. Why are you posting to an iPhone newsgroup?

I have purchased *plenty* of iOS devices, and I support rickman and even
Carlos E.R. for *caring* about what Apple does to their customers.

Even if we didn't own iOS devices, we know people who do, whom we care
about.

The US Government technical committee recently said they care about what
Apple did to its customers in that they asked Apple to answer the same 8
questions we *all* have.
Sen. John Thune asks Apple CEO Tim Cook the same questions we would.
https://www.cnet.com/news/us-senator-questions-apple-about-slowing-down-older-iphones/

So did European government bodies:
U.S., French Officials Question Apple Over iPhone Battery Slowdowns
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-french-officials-question-apple-over-iphone-battery-slowdowns-1515545073

You don't have to literally own an iOS device to care that Apple is ****ing
its customers up the ass.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ight-to-repair
"If Apple were serious about battery life, they'd market battery
replacements," Gay Gordon-Byrne, executive director of Repair.org,
told me in an email. "Apple clearly has a big financial benefit
when people decide their phones are too slow and head to the
Apple Store for a new phone."

"Apple is consistently doing things like this without the consent
of their customers," Oberdick said. "It's always a move that makes
the consumer who is not informed or technologically savvy replace
their phone."

The problem with you half-dozen or so fundamentalist Apple Apologists is
that facts shake the very core of your fact-free religiously fundamentalist
belief system about Apple behavior:
*Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:52:42 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Wrong again you ignorant ****.

Why is it that the Apple Apologists resort to patently untrue insults
whenever confronted with items that shake their belief system?

To wit, I have multiple higher degrees, and I don't have a vagina.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 11 Jan 2018 16:38:00 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year".

It must be true, y'all - he read it on the INTARWEBS.

You deny facts like a religious zealot denies evolution.

Yet, you never supply a *single* fact that supports your point of view?

Why is it that you deny facts outright that don't fit into your belief
system?

It's usually the ill-educated who fall prey to fundamentalist belief
systems sans nary a single fact to support their point of view.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ight-to-repair
"Apple is consistently doing things like this without the consent
of their customers," Oberdick said. "It's always a move that makes
the consumer who is not informed or technologically savvy replace
their phone."
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 11 Jan 2018 16:44:27 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Blogger opinions aren't facts, and you haven't provided any factual data
showing that iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year" either, because
it doesn't exist.

As a religious fundamentalist denies evolution, you deny any fact that
shakes the very foundation of your Apple Apologists belief system.

There are literally hundreds of references saying what I said, which is
that many of the affected iPhones degrades measurably within a year such
that Apple was forced to drastically throttle the CPU speed (to less than
half the original speeds) in order to "prolong the life of the device".

All the major Android manufacturers are on record that they don't do what
Apple did to their customers and that they never would do that to their
customers.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...atteries-apple
"Apple didn't make it clear that replacing an iPhone's battery
could resolve this issue and improve performance. The company
doesn't make it particularly easy to replace batteries, either.
And more importantly, it could have designed phones that didn't
need these guardrails just a year after their release, which
is arguably the bigger issue."

Those are quoted *facts* which have been referenced many times.

While those actual facts shake your fundamentalist belief system, they are
still facts, even if you don't like facts that don't fit into your
religious zeal.

If you feel those facts are wrong, why can't you ever provide a *single*
reliable reference that backs up your point of view?

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:50:41 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

You ignorant ****. to paraphrase the replies during the
McCarthy witch hunts, "I am not now, nor have I ever been, Snit."

Unlike you, I do not hide behind an anonymous name that changes
constantly.

Although I'm touched that you find it necessary to attack me.

You are Snit.

You add zero value and you hunt around the Internet following people just
so that you can post vitriol filled hateful posts, just like you did with
this video which you trolled over 400 times alone!
https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo

You made a fool of yourself then, and you're making a fool of yourself now.

Here's your challenge:
Q: Can you possibly add on-topic technical value to this thread?
A: ?
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 11 Jan 2018 16:42:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

only Apple iPhone batteries consistently fail within a year

Untrue.

You don't like the fact that many Apple iPhones greatly degrade in a year.

As a religious fundamentalist denies evolution, you outright deny any fact
that shakes the very foundation of your Apple Apologists belief system.

I provide direct quotes supporting my factual statements:
https://gizmodo.com/now-the-senate-w...ott-1821975549

"Apple could have also avoided this issue by designing phones with
bigger batteries that don't degrade as quickly or making it easier
to replace them. Other phone companies including HTC and Motorola
have insisted they don't throttle their phones."

Where is your direct quote supporting your fundamentalist belief system?
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 1/11/2018 7:09 AM, Harry Newton wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:44:39 -0500, nospam wrote:

*all* batteries degrade over time. there is no getting around that, at
least with today's technology.

Only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year".

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...also-a-problem
"Apple is knowingly designing and selling products that
begin to fall apart after a year"

The more relevant part of that article is this: "Even just making it
clear to people that replacing their battery will meaningfully improve
their phone could go a long way."

In fact, this is a big advantage of the iPhone over the plethora of
Android phones where new batteries, not NOS (new-old-stock), are not
available for more than a year or two.

Few people would have been upset if a battery health monitor displayed a
message advising the owner to get a new battery to ensure top
performance. Would that have resulted in fewer new iPhone sales or would
it have caused people to upgrade rather than spend $79 on a new battery?

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

In article , sms
wrote:

The more relevant part of that article is this: "Even just making it
clear to people that replacing their battery will meaningfully improve
their phone could go a long way."

except that most of the time, it won't improve anything because the
existing battery is perfectly fine.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Harry Newton wrote:
On 11 Jan 2018 16:38:00 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Only Apple iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year".

It must be true, y'all - he read it on the INTARWEBS.

You deny facts

You havent posted any facts, all you post are links to blogger opinion
pieces devoid of factual data.

Yet, you never supply a *single* fact that supports your point of view?

That would be you.

JR

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Harry Newton wrote:
On 11 Jan 2018 16:44:27 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Blogger opinions aren't facts, and you haven't provided any factual data
showing that iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year" either, because
it doesn't exist.

As a religious fundamentalist blah blah blah

Blogger opinions aren't facts, and you haven't provided any factual data
showing that iPhones "begin to fall apart after a year" either, because it
doesn't exist.

JR
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

Harry Newton wrote:
On 11 Jan 2018 16:42:09 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

only Apple iPhone batteries consistently fail within a year

Untrue.

I provide direct quotes

Blogger opinion pieces arent facts. Try harder.

JR
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 12:34:43 -0600, wrote:

It had nothing to do with avoiding the warranty. Period.

How can you make that assertion?

Because I've followed it starting with IOS 10.1 that explained what
they were doing.

What's odd is that the half-dozen or so Apple Apologists seem to be the
only ones who assert that Apple told their customers about the fact that
they would slow down phones permanently to about half the original speeds,
after about a year of use.

It seems that facts shake the very foundation of the half-dozen or so Apple
Apologists' belief system:
*Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*

What is wrong with the Apple Apologists that they deny even what Apple
admitted?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/fyL1cQUVCp0%5B1-25%5D

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...atteries-apple
"Apple didn't make it clear that replacing an iPhone's battery
could resolve this issue and improve performance. The company
doesn't make it particularly easy to replace batteries, either.
And more importantly, it could have designed phones that didn't
need these guardrails just a year after their release, which
is arguably the bigger issue."
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 10 Jan 2018 17:22:08 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

Since you are the one who originally stated "the user experience is
being impacted to mitigate the problems of a battery that is degrading
prematurely in order to avoid warranty replacements", the onus is on
you. So go right ahead and prove that's the case, if you can.

The user experience is *definitely* impacted when the phones shut down.
How can you say that it doesn't impact them when their year-old device
shuts down, in cold weather especially?

What world do you Apple Apologist fundamentalists live in that has a
fundamental belief system that negates the very *huge* issue that caused
Apple to secretly, permanently, and drastically throttle CPU performance to
less than half the claimed speeds?

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/12/28/16825288/htc-motorola-dont-slow-processor-speeds-old-batteries-apple
"Apple said it introduced this behavior last year, for the iPhone
6, 6S, and SE, as a way to prevent random shutdowns" of year old
phones.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/12/20/16803190/iphone-slowdown-is-needed-but-also-a-problem
"Apple is knowingly designing and selling products that begin
to fall apart after a year."
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 16:17:00 -0600, Ant wrote:

Still using an old iPhone 4S with its original battery. I don't use it
much. Its batttery life does suck badly (e.g., could shut it down within
30 minutes with Pokemon Go), but the key part is not to use it often and
under control. Also, I keep its cellular, backaground apps, etc. in
control. I wonder how much longer I can keep using it before replacing
it or its battery (probably not worth it since its iOS is so old, slow,
and unsupported).

There are ways to check if Apple secretly throttled the CPU on your phone.
How to check if Apple is throttling your iPhone
http://dsniggas.net/2018/01/04/have-a-slow-iphone-how-to-check-if-apple-is-throttling-your-iphone/

From what Apple stated, it's only the iPhone 6's and 7's, and perhaps the
8's, and X'x that appareciably degrade in about a year such that they're
forced to halve the CPU to "prolong the life of the device".

Unfortunately for Apple, most European warranties appear to be two years
for the whole device (which I believe includes the batteries).

Hence, government bodies are asking Apple some pointed questions:
U.S., French Officials Question Apple Over iPhone Battery Slowdowns
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-french-officials-question-apple-over-iphone-battery-slowdowns-1515545073

The governments gave Apple weeks to answer those 8 simple questions, so we
likely won't know their answer to the most important questions that
everyone would have until the deadline has arrived on January 23rd.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 10 Jan 2018 18:13:53 GMT, Jolly Roger wrote:

You don't even own an iPhone.

Even if we didn't own iOS devices, we know people who do, whom we care
about, and whom we want to know that Apple is ****ing them up the ass.

[...]

that facts shake the very core of your belief system about Apple behavior:
*Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:01:09 -0500, rickman wrote:

No one would tolerate this from any manufacturer.

While this is true, the facts shake the fundamental belief system of the
half-dozen or so Apple Apologists you are dealing with.

They deny out of hand even that Apple already admitted.
What is wrong with the Apple Apologists that they deny even what Apple
admitted?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/fyL1cQUVCp0%5B1-25%5D

You're not dealing with normal adults.
*Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*

You're dealing with a half dozen ill-educated adults who have a fundamental
belief system mired in incessant fabrication of imaginary functionality:
Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary
content?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/eRTC23FyVDY
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:06:58 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Damn,you're an ignorant ****.

Snit - try to add technical on-topic value for once in your life.

Let's see, from your very next post, whether you're even *capable* of
adding on-topic technical value to this thread.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:44:58 -0500, rickman wrote:

Damn,you're an ignorant ****.

It's hard to reason with that sort of argument.

Rickman,

There are a half-dozen ill-educated fundamentalist Apple Apologists:
*Jolly Roger, Lewis, nospam, BKonRamp, Savageduck, Hemidactylus, etc.*

The one you just responded to is just Snit by another nym.

Two of them add value sometimes, namely nospam & Savageduck.

The rest *never* add value, and two of them become filled with hateful
ignorant childish vitriol the moment you challenge their fundamentalist
fact-free belief system: Snit & Jolly Roger (and Lewis to a much lesser
extent).

If you don't believe me ... just watch what they post.
I only speak fact.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:02:42 -0500, nospam wrote:

the batteries work perfectly fine in normal everyday use.

Which is why the iPhones suddenly shut down in use.

Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:18:14 -0500, rickman wrote:

You clearly don't understand the technology. If Apple had known of the
problem when they designed the phone they would have used a larger battery
with a higher maximum current. Then as it wore it would still power the
phone at 100% capacity past the end of the warranty period.

Rickman,

I must caution you about nospam.

He's vastly *different* from the other half-dozen or so fundamentalist
Apple Apologists *Jolly Roger, Lewis, BKonRamp, Savageduck*, etc.

While nospam has the same fact-free belief system that characterizes an
Apple Apologist, he's far smarter than the rest. And better informed. He's
apparently just as poorly educated, but he's smart nonetheless. So he
actually *might* be college educated even, but I think not.

Nontheless, nospam is duplicitously clever (like James Comey) with facts in
a way that is intended to frustrate a logical person out of his mind.

I've consistently said he'd make a great defense lawyer, and I'd even want
to hire him as my defense lawyer, but he'd make for a lousy prosecutor
because he brings up innuendo and magical possibility of "who done it", but
he never proves a word he says with facts.

The other half-dozen Apple Apologists actually *believe* what they write,
but nospam doesn't believe a word of what he writes. He's far too clever,
and you can tell by the exact words he uses, which are clever contortions
of actual facts.

The rest of the Apple Apologists are merely ignorant fundamentalists - but
nospam actually provides value - but you have to grasp that value out of
his contortions like an archeologist grasped the true story out of an
archeological dig in a rubbish heap.

The value of nospam is that you know he knows the truth when you read his
clever distortions of it. He drives logical people nuts, until they realize
he does it on purpose.

He's a classic Orwellian doublespeak artist, who will flatly and repeatedly
deny that 1+1=2, seemingly without a single twinge of guilt. Just watch.
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

I am not Snit you ****ing moron.
**** you and your alleged degrees.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/11/18 11:28 AM, Harry Newton wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:50:41 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

You ignorant ****. to paraphrase the replies during the
McCarthy witch hunts, "I am not now, nor have I ever been, Snit."

Unlike you, I do not hide behind an anonymous name that changes
constantly.

Although I'm touched that you find it necessary to attack me.

You are Snit.

What part of "I'm not snit" do you fail to grasp?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Neutron, Ricky sittin' in a tree.

K I S S I N G

First comes love, then comes marriage

Thank the stars, no baby carriage.

Rick's wet thumb & wetting his pants,

Doing the hula, hula dance!
Posted to misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/11/18 12:14 PM, Harry Newton wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:06:58 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

Damn,you're an ignorant ****.

Snit - try to add technical on-topic value for once in your life.

Let's see, from your very next post, whether you're even *capable* of
adding on-topic technical value to this thread.

You haven't added any since the beginning.

And I'm NOT Snit
Get that through your thick skull.

--
"I am a river to my people."