Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cant find schematic for Abbotwares Z477 radio

Most antique radio schematics are on the web, but it seems this one is
not. I found some forum where it was said that there was never a
schematic made. (I find that hard to believe). Then someone on that same
forum said someone drew their own, and it could be downloaded at a
listed link. That was posted in 2011. That link no longer exists.

If anyone has one, please post a URL.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 8:11:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Most antique radio schematics are on the web, but it seems this one is
not. I found some forum where it was said that there was never a
schematic made. (I find that hard to believe). Then someone on that same
forum said someone drew their own, and it could be downloaded at a
listed link. That was posted in 2011. That link no longer exists.

If anyone has one, please post a URL.

Thanks

Abbotwares purchased their chassis from an outside supplier - most likely Emerson. I would simply look for any given radio with the same tube count/type as you have now, and follow that - with a grain of salt or two.

Keep in mind that after your 5th or 6th AA4/5 radio there is not much left to learn and basic repairs become automatic. At this point, I can take about any AA5 radio that has not been mechanically trashed and bring it back to life, and do an adequate alignment (without instruments) in under an hour. Yes, I will use an SG and VOM to do the final tweaking, but most of the time, surprisingly little additional adjustment is needed.

And, you could always draw out the schematic and then compare that back to what you find on-line, if you are really curious.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA