Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I just found a human skeleton inside a radio

I just found a human skeleton in a radio. All that remains are bones and
a cap that says "RCA TUBES". In the bony right hand is clutched a
wirecutter with severely melted blades. It appears this man was
electrocuted and died inside this old tube radio, from the 1950's.

Apparently he was repairing the radio and was electrocuted and sucked
inside the radio by the high voltage. From the looks of things, this
body has been inside this radio for 40 or 50 years.

I need to replace one of the tubes, but that tube is inside the skull.
How do I get to that tube?

I also need to replace the speaker because one of his feet penetrated
the cone while he was dying. The bones from that foot are wedged between
the spider, and the voice coil is melted around the ankle bone. I dont
want to disturb the skeleton, so how do I change the speaker?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 10:13:11 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I just found a human skeleton in a radio. All that remains are bones and
a cap that says "RCA TUBES". In the bony right hand is clutched a
wirecutter with severely melted blades. It appears this man was
electrocuted and died inside this old tube radio, from the 1950's.

Apparently he was repairing the radio and was electrocuted and sucked
inside the radio by the high voltage. From the looks of things, this
body has been inside this radio for 40 or 50 years.

I need to replace one of the tubes, but that tube is inside the skull.
How do I get to that tube?

I also need to replace the speaker because one of his feet penetrated
the cone while he was dying. The bones from that foot are wedged between
the spider, and the voice coil is melted around the ankle bone. I dont
want to disturb the skeleton, so how do I change the speaker?

I suggest that rather than repairing this radio, you do the world (and Medical Science) a great favor and contribute it to the Mütter Museum in downtown Philadelphia. They are still actively seeking exhibits and have a new, very enthusiastic curator.

http://muttermuseum.org/

http://media.philly.com/images/13111...ter-Museum.jpg

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA