Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Grom Audio, adding USB and Bluetooth to your car radio

In rec.autos.tech, on Tue, 03 Oct 2017 00:14:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 22:50:26 -0400, micky
wrote:

In rec.autos.tech, on Sat, 23 Sep 2017 12:30:27 -0500, Paul in Houston
TX wrote:

micky wrote:
I'm thinking of installing a Gromaudio device that, if your car radio
has a CD changer input jack, allows for USB input, AUX input from a
cellphone, and for another $50 Bluetooth use of the cellphone through
the car speakers and an add-on microphone (in addition to the first
$150).

The most important feature for me is the USB input.

Forget the input jack and use FM wireless. Search Ebay.

Do you mean something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Mus...AOSwImRYjlr j

Yes, I'm sure you do. I bought it. And I've tested it in the car with
a little MP3 player and it works well afaict so far. Now to load up the
MP3 player before my trip in November.

Or this one is ridiculously cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3818484...=ps&dispItem=1 ? this

This seemed to work well the first time, but it might be that the
battery went way down even when I wasn't using it and after recharging,
the sound still wasn't as good as the first time. Maybe I picked a bad
vacant frequency. Maybe I'll find the same sort of thing for more money
and that will mean it's better?

I think for $3 I'll buy another one, for when I break the first one.