Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Schematic, anyone ?

Don't suppose anyone happens to have the schematics for an Hitachi V-134
storage scope ? Tried all the usual places, but surprisingly, came up
blank ...

Arfa
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Much as I hate to ask the obvious, but have you tried Hitachi directly? I have found that OEM, if approached gently, will often go to considerable lengths in response to such requests.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7/09/2017 2:20 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
Don't suppose anyone happens to have the schematics for an Hitachi V-134
storage scope ? Tried all the usual places, but surprisingly, came up
blank ...

Arfa

**I can't help, but, I guess, the real question is: Why bother?

Then I think on some of the stuff I've worked on recently and I begin to
realise why.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 06/09/2017 22:14, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 7/09/2017 2:20 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
Don't suppose anyone happens to have the schematics for an Hitachi
V-134 storage scope ? Tried all the usual places, but surprisingly,
came up blank ...

Arfa

**I can't help, but, I guess, the real question is: Why bother?

Then I think on some of the stuff I've worked on recently and I begin to
realise why.

Hi Trevor. Trust you are well ?

Well, yes. Why bother indeed ? It's old, and its only 10 MHz. But it
belongs to a guy that supplies me quite a bit of work, and he said it
was a shame to see it go in the bin if one or other of us could fix it.
So I took it back to my workshop, and it has sat there for a couple of
weeks. This week, the 'paying' work is dire. I might as well not be
wasting the money on the electricity ... So I figured I'd have a quick
look at this scope. I kind of think that it might be a power supply
problem. Basically, there's no display, although the tube heater is up,
and the tube face lights up with a store flood or erase operation. The
calibration square wave is present, and if you stick that into one of
the Y channels, you can follow the signal some distance down the
amplifier strip. But here's the thing. There is no scale illumination
when you turn the pot up. It appears to be four somethings - probably
LEDs but maybe bulbs, you can't really see - wired in parallel around
the graticule. I can't see much in the way of volts at them, but it's
all a bit hard to get to without a lot of dismantling.

So I figured a quick squint at a schematic would soon tell all. Rail
missing or red herring ? So I went looking, and was amazed to find
nothing for it online.

I might try Hitachi direct as Peter suggested above, but these days, I
don't think I would hold my breath that anyone there would be prepared
to spend the time digging through archives to try to find what I need.
still, you never know ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7/09/2017 9:43 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:
On 06/09/2017 22:14, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 7/09/2017 2:20 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:
Don't suppose anyone happens to have the schematics for an Hitachi
V-134 storage scope ? Tried all the usual places, but surprisingly,
came up blank ...

Arfa

**I can't help, but, I guess, the real question is: Why bother?

Then I think on some of the stuff I've worked on recently and I begin
to realise why.

Hi Trevor. Trust you are well ?

**Apart from the usual aches and pains, all good thanks. I trust you are
likewise (sans the aches and pains of course).

Well, yes. Why bother indeed ? It's old, and its only 10 MHz. But it
belongs to a guy that supplies me quite a bit of work, and he said it
was a shame to see it go in the bin if one or other of us could fix it.
So I took it back to my workshop, and it has sat there for a couple of
weeks. This week, the 'paying' work is dire. I might as well not be
wasting the money on the electricity ...Â* So I figured I'd have a quick
[...]

**Well worth trying Hitachi. A few years back I acquired a couple of
100MHz analogue 'scopes. A Hameg and an Iwatsu. Both were decent enough
'scopes and the Hameg manual was available easily enough, but the Iwatsu
presented a problem. I contacted the manufacturer and a full service
manual appeared in my inbox within days. No charge. I was surprised and
delighted.

FWIW: My second CRO was an Hitachi. It was almost an exact copy of a
Tektronix, ca. 1963-ish. All valves. Lots of them. Even had a bunch of
valves in the delay line. Damned thing consumed 500 Watts. Not a smart
purchase for Australia and for a young guy whose workshop measured
around 8 Square Metres.

I understand though.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/6/2017 12:20 PM, Arfa Daily wrote:
Don't suppose anyone happens to have the schematics for an Hitachi V-134
storage scope ? Tried all the usual places, but surprisingly, came up
blank ...

Arfa

Might have a lot in common with the V-152 for which a manual with
schematics is available online

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7kcqo0mvh...n%20Manual.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa, some years ago you offered a service manual for the Bose Wave Radio AWR1. I am in the process of restoring one and would greatly appreciate a service manual. Next in line is the CD version. Troubleshooting is much more fun with a service manual, so I appreciate any help you can provide, Regards, Dale

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I got it but damn. The reason I got it is because I never delete anything so there is alot to go through. I mean, I never deleted anything, I got drive letter up to O:.

I'll see if I can find it.

I can tell you from memory that it was pretty straightforward in design except for the equalization network. I mean OP AMP on top of OP AMP on top of OP AMP.

Now, I don't know if it's even the right one. In the original version IIRC there was one woofer/full range and the other side was just a mid/hi driver.. A cavity running from one side to the other provided like a bass port. Later models had 2 woofers/fullrange and the vent was I think it the top.

How much this matters depends on what type of problems you have.

As I am sure you know if you are working on one, if they didn't sound so damn good for their size it would be chuckum and fukum.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hell, I don't h ave to do all that. It looks like hifiengine has them.

If you aren't registered there go ahead. they don't spam you or bug you at all and I doubt they even have a TOS, they didn't when I signed up as far as I remember. I am not even sure you have to give them your email. But either way, don't worry about it. And when you get there, do not go to database, go to library and pick the brand and then after that the model. It is much easier because the database like, any misspelling or anything and you don't find it.