DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SOT89-3 regulator (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/594381-sot89-3-regulator.html)

jethro tull August 2nd 17 09:58 PM

SOT89-3 regulator

I'm searching for the datasheet of a component which I think is a voltage
regulator and is from a 2 batery powered cd player which has several such
components and which reference code as printed on is "GY139" and which photo is
here : http://picpaste.com/GY139-bhTrEixQ.jpg

Another similar component on the same board is marked "KY139". I have not been
able to find anything with these part numbers.

[email protected] August 3rd 17 01:49 AM

SOT89-3 regulator

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 4:58:16 PM UTC-4, jethro tull wrote:
I'm searching for the datasheet of a component which I think is a voltage
regulator and is from a 2 batery powered cd player which has several such
components and which reference code as printed on is "GY139" and which photo is
here : http://picpaste.com/GY139-bhTrEixQ.jpg

Another similar component on the same board is marked "KY139". I have not been
able to find anything with these part numbers.

See the PDF he
http://www.kexin.com.cn/pdf/2SD2403-HF.PDF

This is for a 2SD2403 which has the code GY.

The KY appears to be either a 2SK211 or 2SK811 from what I can find.

Dan

amdx[_3_] August 4th 17 03:30 AM

SOT89-3 regulator

On 8/2/2017 3:58 PM, jethro tull wrote:
I'm searching for the datasheet of a component which I think is a voltage
regulator and is from a 2 batery powered cd player which has several such
components and which reference code as printed on is "GY139" and which photo is
here : http://picpaste.com/GY139-bhTrEixQ.jpg

Another similar component on the same board is marked "KY139". I have not been
able to find anything with these part numbers.

I went to this SMD code page.
http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htmI clicked on G in the upper left, when the G page loaded,

I paged down to GY, it shows 2SC2882Y in case style SC62.
If you search SC62 or better SC-62, you get
http://www.e-devices.ricoh.co.jp/en/...pkg/sot-89.pdf

Does that match your part dimensions and make sense that it would be an
npn gp amp hfe 160-320?

I think gp is for general purpose.

Mikek

If that doesn't look right, get confused and look here,
http://alltransistors.com/smd-search.php?search=GY

jethro tull August 4th 17 09:54 AM

SOT89-3 regulator

On 2017-08-04, amdx wrote:

I went to this SMD code page.
http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htmI clicked on G in the upper

left, when the G page loaded,
I paged down to GY, it shows 2SC2882Y in case style SC62. If you search SC62
or better SC-62, you get
http://www.e-devices.ricoh.co.jp/en/...pkg/sot-89.pdf

Does that match your part dimensions and make sense that it would be an npn
gp amp hfe 160-320?

I think gp is for general purpose.

Mikek

If that doesn't look right, get confused and look here,
http://alltransistors.com/smd-search.php?search=GY

The 2SC2882Y differs quite a lot from the 2SD2403 given by Dan previously,
though junction type and the hFE given seems fine. The one I have I'm not sure
it is in good condition, which is why I would like to change it, is showing
~ 260 with my cheap meter.

alltransistors.com says 2SD2003 for "GY" as keyword, so I need some
confirmation. Also I'm searching for the meaning of the "139" marked on my
device.

jethro tull August 4th 17 11:10 AM

SOT89-3 regulator

On 2017-08-04, jethro tull wrote:

The 2SC2882Y differs quite a lot from the 2SD2403 given by Dan previously,
though junction type and the hFE given seems fine. The one I have I'm not sure
it is in good condition, which is why I would like to change it, is showing
~ 260 with my cheap meter.

alltransistors.com says 2SD2003 for "GY" as keyword, so I need some
confirmation. Also I'm searching for the meaning of the "139" marked on my
device.

typo: 2SD2403, not 2SD2003

The datasheet of the 2SC2882Y/O from toshiba is as old as april 1997 which
means the device is even older, while the 2SD2403's from nec is marked april
2002. The cd player I'm trying to repair is from 2001, so the 2SD2403 might be
the most appropriate.