Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fronius Transtig 2000 TIG Welder

Hi to all,
I'm Diego.
I'm an electronic technician, but I had never repaired a welder before
now ...
Normally I design things, not repairing them...
but...
This welder is arrived to me as a gift from a friend.
Of course that it have some problem and my friend told me that he had
just contacted the service for a repair, but they told him that this
model is to old , and there is no more spare parts....
so...
more fun for me ;-P

No one that have a schema?
Many components on the primary board are missing...(smd components) on
most of them there is some burning traces.....
A part to check all of the mosfets/igbt , the display board seem to be ok...
So how to proced?
Ah...maybe can help
I know the basics of TIG welding (I learned home with my friend)

Many thanks to all, and of course sorry for my horrible english...
Bye
Diego

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19/07/2017 23:49, GattoNero wrote:
[...]

A clear close-up photo , placed in wwwland, would help, assuming the
blown off components are just minor components .
Anyone else placed an image out there somewhere?
A board from a "spares or repair" sale on ebay , assuming different
problem, may be the only chance.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

A clear close-up photo , placed in wwwland, would help, assuming the
blown off components are just minor components .
Anyone else placed an image out there somewhere?
A board from a "spares or repair" sale on ebay , assuming different
problem, may be the only chance.

Thanks for your reply...
Yes I know how this things are going...
For sure that I'm just looking all around (not only ebay)
But maybe sometime someone had just the same problem...
so ...
fingercross
Thx!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you gone to the Horse's Mouth? At the very least, you might be able to get a schematic.

https://www3.fronius.com/cps/rde/xch...m#.WXDn3oTyvIV

Generally, I do not take "my friend said..." as the epitome of exhaustive research.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 20/07/2017 19:29, wrote:
Have you gone to the Horse's Mouth? At the very least, you might be able to get a schematic.

mmm really, sir, my english knowledge is not so good to appreciate if
this is a sarcastic phrase or some coloured way of saying somethings...
Can you explain better what are you talking about?

https://www3.fronius.com/cps/rde/xch...m#.WXDn3oTyvIV

Thanks sir...I've just told you that the official assistance said that
no repair is possible due to no more spare parts....Maybe contacting an
USA service is different but I don't think so...

Generally, I do not take "my friend said..." as the epitome of exhaustive research.

Bho...Maybe sometimes is only question of kind of friends...

Diego
-Italy-

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

TIG Torches - Water Cooled Tig Torch vs Air Cooled jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 22 October 8th 14 02:13 AM
tig torch/tig welder dan Metalworking 3 September 5th 09 12:36 AM
must sell Miller TIG Welder - Dynasty 200 DX AC/DC TIG/Stick [email protected] Metalworking 3 September 30th 08 09:41 PM
Experiences with the Parker Metalworking Plasma-Tec40/160yk plasma cutter/TIG welder/arc welder? Malcolm Metalworking 1 March 10th 06 02:19 PM
Lincoln AC/DC Tig- Idealarc Tig 250/250 question Gunner Metalworking 16 November 29th 04 08:05 PM