DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bush LCD32TVD22HD. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/593088-bush-lcd32tvd22hd.html)

Ian Field July 6th 17 08:44 PM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual site,
but I never find it because the link to open the document is obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but I
think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be quite
handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang is....................

Thanks for any help.

N_Cook July 7th 17 07:45 AM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

On 06/07/2017 20:44, Ian Field wrote:
Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual
site, but I never find it because the link to open the document is obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but
I think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be
quite handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang is....................

Thanks for any help.

1 second fire-up, followed by scanning with IR thermometer?

Ian Field July 7th 17 07:40 PM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 06/07/2017 20:44, Ian Field wrote:
Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual
site, but I never find it because the link to open the document is
obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but
I think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be
quite handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang
is....................

Thanks for any help.

1 second fire-up, followed by scanning with IR thermometer?

Putting some components back in the wrong place in a SMPSU doesn't usually
leave time to switch on a IR thermometer.

Don Kuenz[_2_] July 7th 17 07:50 PM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

Ian Field wrote:
Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual site,
but I never find it because the link to open the document is obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but I
think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be quite
handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang is....................

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried http://www.badcaps.net ?

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU

Ian Field July 7th 17 09:49 PM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

"Don Kuenz" wrote in message ...

Ian Field wrote:
Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual site,
but I never find it because the link to open the document is obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but
think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be
quite
handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang
is....................

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried http://www.badcaps.net ?

That isn't going to tell me which capacitors I put in the wrong holes.

Don Kuenz[_2_] July 8th 17 01:58 AM

Bush LCD32TVD22HD.

Ian Field wrote:

"Don Kuenz" wrote in message ...

Ian Field wrote:
Someone on one of these groups suggested a very good service manual site,
but I never find it because the link to open the document is obscure.

The PSU is the worst I've seen that didn't already go bang!

Changed all the bulged electrolytics and ESR tested all the others - but
think I got one mixed up putting it back. The service manual would be
quite
handy.

Or I could just fire it up and see how loud the bang
is....................

Thanks for any help.

Have you tried http://www.badcaps.net ?

That isn't going to tell me which capacitors I put in the wrong holes.

The guys in the badcaps.net Power Supply Design and Troubleshooting
forum might surprise you. They're the most passionate group of PSU
enthusiasts on the Inet AFAIK. They love to reverse engineer
undocumented PSUs. They may even have the service manual that you seek
or a pertinent schematic. The only downside is that you need to sign up
to access the forum.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU

[...]