Posted to comp.home.automation,sci.electronics.repair

Default JP1 remote control device files - where can I find them?

Has anyone here tried to locate device files to re-program JP1
compatible remote controls for audio/video equipment recently. It seems
like the files themselves have disappeared, or I am really missing
something.

For instance:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=3774

I cannot find anything on this page that will actually download the
file, or anywhere else to find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It does seem like the moderator of the JP1 site has lost interest in
remote control re-programming, so this data may be getting lost.
Posted to comp.home.automation,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 07:05:08 -0700, Bob F wrote:

For instance:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=3774

I cannot find anything on this page that will actually download the
file, or anywhere else to find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You have to be signed-in for the download button to appear between the
File frame and the Author frame.
Posted to comp.home.automation,sci.electronics.repair

On 7/5/2017 8:43 AM, Geo wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jul 2017 07:05:08 -0700, Bob F wrote:

For instance:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dl...e&file_id=3774

I cannot find anything on this page that will actually download the
file, or anywhere else to find it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You have to be signed-in for the download button to appear between the
File frame and the Author frame.

I thought about that, but I didn't see anything in the FAQ's that said
that, in a list of things you did need to sign in for, so I didn't
expect it. Thanks for making it clear. And for the quick response.