Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Coke cleans toilets

Things to do with Coca-Cola Diet Coke - Business Insider

Pour it around the rim [of tthe toilet] and let it flow into the bowl. Let it sit for about an hour and then scrub off any stubborn stains with a toilet brush. Flush once you're done. Remove stains from clothes: If you get grease stains on your clothes, you can break up the stain with a can of Coke.May 29, 2015

-- http://www.businessinsider.com/thing...et-coke-2015-5

Does using Coke-a-Cola actually work to clean a toilet?
I've read it in emails, but never actually tried.

Related Questions
Using Pepsi to Clean Your Toilet?
Coke vs. Water what would u drink?
I've heard you can clean toilets with Coca-Cola, why do we still drink it after knowing that?

Are these facts about water & coke true?

-- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...=1006012703265
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This has been around for years. Phosphoric acid.

Pour a can of coke into a heavily tea (or coffee) stained ceramic mug. Let it sit until the bubbles are gone....

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

--
http://www.businessinsider.com/thing...et-coke-2015-5

Does using Coke-a-Cola actually work to clean a toilet?
I've read it in emails, but never actually tried.

Related Questions
Using Pepsi to Clean Your Toilet?
Coke vs. Water what would u drink?
I've heard you can clean toilets with Coca-Cola, why do we still drink it after knowing that?

Are these facts about water & coke true?

-- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...=1006012703265

**Well, yes, but you are better off visiting a pool shop and buying
phosphoric acid. Phosphoric acid is used to clean salt water
chlorination elements. It works very well to shift calcium deposits.

I don't drink Coke„˘. So, "we" do not drink it.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 27/06/2017 6:35 AM, wrote:
[...]

Every five or six pool cleanings can use a muriatic acid flush. And if you rub muriatic acid on your car's hubcaps after a car wash on a sunny day, make sure your sunglasses are on to keep out all of that glare.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, 26 June 2017 21:35:54 UTC+1, wrote:
Things to do with Coca-Cola Diet Coke - Business Insider

Pour it around the rim [of tthe toilet] and let it flow into the bowl. Let it sit for about an hour and then scrub off any stubborn stains with a toilet brush. Flush once you're done. Remove stains from clothes: If you get grease stains on your clothes, you can break up the stain with a can of Coke.May 29, 2015

-- http://www.businessinsider.com/thing...et-coke-2015-5

Does using Coke-a-Cola actually work to clean a toilet?
I've read it in emails, but never actually tried.

Related Questions
Using Pepsi to Clean Your Toilet?
Coke vs. Water what would u drink?
I've heard you can clean toilets with Coca-Cola, why do we still drink it after knowing that?

Are these facts about water & coke true?

-- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...=1006012703265

Lots of things can clean. But it's pointless using an overpriced weak dilute cleaner.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 27/06/17 06:48, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 27/06/2017 6:35 AM, wrote:
I've heard you can clean toilets with Coca-Cola, why do we still drink
it after knowing that?
Are these facts about water & coke true?
--
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...=1006012703265
**Well, yes, but you are better off visiting a pool shop and buying
phosphoric acid. Phosphoric acid is used to clean salt water
chlorination elements. It works very well to shift calcium deposits.

Phosphoric acid is the main ingredient in rust remover too.
It converts iron oxides to iron phosphates, which are relatively
stable, paintable and pale (not red). I still wouldn't use Coke
for that.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/27/17 4:35 AM, wrote:
Things to do with Coca-Cola Diet Coke - Business Insider

Pour it around the rim [of tthe toilet] and let it flow into the bowl. Let it sit for about an hour and then scrub off any stubborn stains with a toilet brush. Flush once you're done. Remove stains from clothes: If you get grease stains on your clothes, you can break up the stain with a can of Coke.May 29, 2015

--
http://www.businessinsider.com/thing...et-coke-2015-5

Does using Coke-a-Cola actually work to clean a toilet?
I've read it in emails, but never actually tried.

Related Questions
Using Pepsi to Clean Your Toilet?
Coke vs. Water what would u drink?
I've heard you can clean toilets with Coca-Cola, why do we still drink it after knowing that?

Are these facts about water & coke true?

-- https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...=1006012703265

Have you seen what water does to car radiators ?? and you still drink
water ?
Best to learn about chemistry before making non applicable comparisons.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mpffff... the acids and chemicals in one's stomach put coke to shame. As to the sugar - that is a moving target. As with anything else, all things in moderation.

Using Coke for 'off-label' purposes should be a matter of desperation vs. choice. Writing for myself, I have no need to use such means and methods if more direct processes are available. However, if I am at our summer house and do not want to drive 40 miles round-trip to the nearest Home Depot for one small thing, I will sometimes resort to alternate means and methods.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

W.C. Fields, when asked why he did not drink 'cool, clean water' replied:

"Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish f*ck in it, you know."

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

€śSuppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a Republican. But I repeat myself.€ť
ۥ Harry Truman

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken