DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wi-Fi & Ethernet? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/590301-wi-fi-ethernet.html)

MJC May 19th 17 09:14 AM

Wi-Fi & Ethernet?

I've acquired a faulty IP camera. But I don't remember any discussion of
Wi-Fi or Ethernet comms on this NG. Is that because there is a better NG
for me to try?

Mike.

Michael Black[_2_] May 19th 17 04:59 PM

Wi-Fi & Ethernet?

On Fri, 19 May 2017, MJC wrote:

I've acquired a faulty IP camera. But I don't remember any discussion of
Wi-Fi or Ethernet comms on this NG. Is that because there is a better NG
for me to try?

No, it's because it doesn't belong here.

If you want to physically repair the camera, ie find a broken part and
replace it, this is the place.

If you're talking about a configuration problem or troubleshooting a wifi
or ethernet problem, this isn't the place. It doesn't fit. ANd yes,
there must be better places for it, where the "experts" are.

Don't be misled by people who use this as their hangout, so any problem
they come up with lands here. Or be misled by the people who crosspost
between some other newsgroup, often the home repair newsgroup and here.

Michael

[email protected] May 20th 17 11:08 AM

Wi-Fi & Ethernet?

MJC:

For IP confguration, network
setup, Paul over in Alt.Computer
is very helpful.

MJC May 20th 17 12:33 PM

Wi-Fi & Ethernet?

In article ,
says...

MJC:

For IP confguration, network
setup, Paul over in Alt.Computer
is very helpful.

Thanks, I might give that a try. The problem is, like most devices with
no direct person interface, it relies on the Ethernet for every
configuration feature (except for the "Reset" button which you can take
it I have tried!).

But although the lights flash convincingly, the router reports nothing
happening. There are lots of internal plugs to the components,in cluding
to the WiFi daughter board, which have all been given a wiggle. But the
Ethernet components are on the main board.

The manual is quite comprehensive, assuming the device can be seen on
its cable...

Mike.

[email protected] May 20th 17 02:48 PM

Wi-Fi & Ethernet?