DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Benq T905 power supply repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/589183-re-benq-t905-power-supply-repair.html)

[email protected] April 22nd 17 09:07 PM

Benq T905 power supply repair

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 6:18:30 PM UTC-4, Jeroni Paul wrote:
Repairing LCD monitor Benq T905 Q9T4 power supply, it had the mains filter capacitor open circuit and leaky and the fuse and the switching transistor blown. Replaced these components, for the transistor I used a P6NC60FP in place of the original P7NK80ZFP,

Before shipping it monitor the temperature of that mosfet. The current, voltage, and wattage ratings are similar but sometimes a sub just isn't happy..

Jeroni Paul April 24th 17 11:16 PM

wrote:
Before shipping it monitor the temperature of that mosfet. The current, voltage, and wattage ratings are similar but sometimes a sub just isn't happy.

I did, after two hours the mosfet heat sink felt warm to the touch, comparatively the secondary rectifiers were quite hotter.