DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/588377-where-does-radio-shack-hide-their-older-manuals.html)

[email protected] April 4th 17 03:13 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at
least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older
Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263.

Radioshack.com dont seem to have any links ot their manuals. Where do
they hide them?

[email protected] April 4th 17 04:32 PM

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 10:14:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at
least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older
Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263.

Radioshack.com dont seem to have any links ot their manuals. Where do
they hide them?

http://www.manualsonline.com/brands/radio_shack

http://www.repeater-builder.com/radi...ack-index.html

https://archive.org/details/radioshackhardwaremanuals

All of the above took less than a minute to find. And there are dozens more. Typically, if you search on what you have, you will find what you need to support it. It just may not be where you expect it to be.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] April 4th 17 04:34 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

Oh, and of course:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t237788...3_users_manual

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] April 4th 17 07:26 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

pf: fixya = USELESS

[email protected] April 4th 17 08:54 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 07:32:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 10:14:41 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at
least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older
Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263.

Radioshack.com dont seem to have any links ot their manuals. Where do
they hide them?

http://www.manualsonline.com/brands/radio_shack

http://www.repeater-builder.com/radi...ack-index.html

https://archive.org/details/radioshackhardwaremanuals

All of the above took less than a minute to find. And there are dozens more.
Typically, if you search on what you have, you will find what you need to sup
port it. It just may not be where you expect it to be.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I know how to use Google and it took me more than a minute (on dialup),
but I was already at these and many more sites that google came up with.
NONE of the above produced any manual. I spent well over 2 hours prior
to posting this question, using google to no avail.

The manualsonline.com does have some links to actual Radio Shack manuals
though, but not this one

repeater-builder.com is one of the more useful sites, but ONLY for 2-way
radios, ham gear, and scanners.
However, I did learn soemthing from this site. That is the fact that
Radio Shack went bankrupt (which I knew), in 2015. They are now owned by
Sprint.

But the real answer to my question is:
Manuals are no longer available on the public Radio Shack web site.
(I know they were available in they past).

[email protected] April 4th 17 08:59 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 07:34:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Oh, and of course:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t237788...3_users_manual

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Did you actually look at this RUBBISH site?
* No you didn't.....

I learned years ago, to stay away from this site. All it is, is a
catchall for anything containing "archer". There is archery, some other
stuff that contains that word, and nothing useful.

[email protected] April 4th 17 10:07 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

Fixya will lead to a for-sale site, where this manual may be purchased. Or you can purchase a complete NIB unit with manual on eBay for about the same $$.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA.

[email protected] April 4th 17 10:58 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 13:07:58 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Fixya will lead to a for-sale site, where this manual may be purchased. Or you
can purchase a complete NIB unit with manual on eBay for about the same $$.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA.

During my search, I did end up on some site that claimed I could buy a
manual, at a cost of more than I paid for the device. This device is not
in need of repair, but I am not fully understanding how to use it, which
is why I hoped to get a free manual. Looks like I either pay too much
for a manual, or just use the trial and error method. As far as a free
manual, I guess I am S.O.L.

Radio Shack was once a good company. Yea, they did lack a good selection
of parts, and some of their stuff was over priced, but their radios and
other devices were generally worth the cost and RS had really good
support as far as getting free manuals and parts for their devices. I
knew they had gone bankrupt, but did not know they were now owned by
Sprint. What I do know, is that in the last decade or so, it seemed
their whole business was geared around cellphones. Now I know why. But
the cellphone business is no longer what it was. It's leveled off. THere
is a lot of competition, and most people now have phones and aside from
upgrades, there are few new customers, and less profit to be made since
costs are way down.

The nearest RS to me, lost their cellphone business. They said that was
80% of their business. They were facing a shutdown, but opted to become
an appliance store, and still carry RS products in the back of the
store. But the shelves are pretty bare now. I wonder how long that will
last???? I bet it wont last long....

[email protected] April 5th 17 01:11 AM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:19:29 -0700, John Robertson
wrote:

If they were available in the past on the RS web site then see if you
have any luck using the WayBack machine on http://www.Archive.org. Many
is the time I have found manuals, etc. using the WayBack engine!

Thats a great idea. I never thought of that!

John Robertson April 5th 17 01:19 AM

wrote:

[...]

Just put the URL you are looking for and the WayBack machine will show
you all the dates it archived the site. The depth of the archive depends
on the site's Robots.txt file...

If you find what you are looking for consider uploading it to one of the
free sites that has been useful to you...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Allodoxaphobia[_2_] April 5th 17 02:39 AM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 10:26:32 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
pf: fixya = USELESS

fer shure. :-)
I used a trageted email addy to register there several years ago to
discuss an appliance problem. Within a week that email addy was spammed
from all over the world for all sorts of bizzar things.

Email to that addy now goes straight to a spam receptor process and is
reported upstream to all manor of blocklists.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

Bruce Esquibel[_2_] April 5th 17 12:46 PM

wrote:

The nearest RS to me, lost their cellphone business. They said that was
80% of their business. They were facing a shutdown, but opted to become
an appliance store, and still carry RS products in the back of the
store. But the shelves are pretty bare now. I wonder how long that will
last???? I bet it wont last long....

I think I read they re-filed for bankrupcy again a couple weeks ago so that
should be the last nail in the coffin.

Also I think you wasted more time looking for a manual than doing your
trial-and-error routine, which would take like a whole 5 minutes.

I used to use those and there isn't much to understand, the general purpose
of it was to avoid moving cable around between 4 devices, two of which are
recorders and 2 players (laser or ced). You can route the output from disc
or aux into either vcr or record from vcr1 to vcr2, or the other way around.
The processor was just a line level video amp which main purpose was to
boost the signal where if you had a disc playing and wanted it fed to both
vcr1 and vcr2 at the same time, it wouldn't load the output of the disc.
Monitor is just which of the 4 devices you want routed to the tv.

Like I said, would take like 10 minutes to play around with it.

These were handy back when tv's had the sole video/audio rca-in jacks and
you had more than one "thing" to plug into it.

The ability to record from vcr1 into vcr2 or vcr2 into vcr1 by rotating a
couple knobs was the 2nd best feature. After that, meh.

-bruce

Adrian Caspersz April 5th 17 01:09 PM

wrote:

If they were available in the past on the RS web site then see if you
have any luck using the WayBack machine on
http://www.Archive.org. Many
is the time I have found manuals, etc. using the WayBack engine!

Thats a great idea. I never thought of that!

Ah, light bulb moment. They categorised their scrapings.

https://archive.org/details/manuals_radioshack

But nothing found :-|

That mixer looks more like a trivial switch, and should be easy to buzz
out with a continuity tester to find the functions. I have a similar
Tandy Realistic 42-2115 tape control centre on the HiFi.

From left to right, I'd judge the purposes of the switches like:

VCR-1 & VCR-2
Selects sources for recording into each.

PROCESSOR
Connects via loop-out/loop-in an external video processor box in-line
with the selected input, hopefully* so that the enhanced signal can be
recorded with VCR-1 & VCR-2.

MONITOR
Merely connects to the source output, enhanced or not.

* should be easy to buzz out with a meter, or just try it.

Might not be you, but a lot of folks have issues with the directional
labels in & out, and yet fully manage to survive a trip to a supermarket
or the car park.

Do you really need the manual?

--
Adrian C

[email protected] April 5th 17 06:43 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 12:09:34 +0100, Adrian Caspersz
wrote:

Ah, light bulb moment. They categorised their scrapings.

https://archive.org/details/manuals_radioshack

But nothing found :-|

That mixer looks more like a trivial switch, and should be easy to buzz
out with a continuity tester to find the functions. I have a similar
Tandy Realistic 42-2115 tape control centre on the HiFi.

From left to right, I'd judge the purposes of the switches like:

VCR-1 & VCR-2
Selects sources for recording into each.

PROCESSOR
Connects via loop-out/loop-in an external video processor box in-line
with the selected input, hopefully* so that the enhanced signal can be
recorded with VCR-1 & VCR-2.

MONITOR
Merely connects to the source output, enhanced or not.

* should be easy to buzz out with a meter, or just try it.

Might not be you, but a lot of folks have issues with the directional
labels in & out, and yet fully manage to survive a trip to a supermarket
or the car park.

Do you really need the manual?

--
Adrian C

I probably dont really need the manual. I can understand the functions,
but I wanted to know how much gain was used on different inputs, or if
they are all the same. I can learn more by looking at a schematic than
reading a lot of info.

But at this point, I am not wasting any more time looking for a manual.
I'll just plug in a sine wave from my audio generator, and feed it to my
oscope to see what the gain is.

I should mention that I am not using this thing for video. I am only
using the audio portions to feed multiple inputs into an amplifier. All
inputs are about the same sound levels, so that is why I am concerned
about the gain.

I originally planned to build a switch box for this purpose. But the
price of a "bud box" (aluminum box) a rotary switch, and a bunch of RCA
jacks far exceeded the price of this Archer device. So, to save money,
as well as time, I thought this was the way to go. The video portions
just will not be used. (But I could use it for that purpose if I ever
needed to). I really dont mind building stuff from scratch, but when it
costs 3 or 4 times what it costs to buy something like this, there is no
sense to it. Not to mention all the drilling I'd have to do to mount all
the RCA jacks. (Thats the part I dont like).

[email protected] April 5th 17 06:46 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:46:57 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel

[...]

Where did you hear about another RS bankruptcy? Can you provide any
links to that?

See my other response in this thread regarding why I wanted a manual...
And why I no longer will waste any more time looking for one....

[email protected] April 5th 17 07:47 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:03:30 -0500, Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

On 4/5/2017 11:46 AM, wrote:
Where did you hear about another RS bankruptcy? Can you provide any
links to that?

You honestly live under a rock don't you?

http://fortune.com/2017/03/08/radioshack-bankrupt-chapter-11/

I have more important things to do than watch tv.... Once or twice a day
I turn it on to get the weather report. Thats about it. The rest of the
news is just political garbage which is just mostly all hogwash words
and lies anyhow....

Anyhow, thanks for the link!
Now I know. Not that I can do anything about it.....

Foxs Mercantile April 5th 17 08:03 PM

On 4/5/2017 11:46 AM, wrote:
Where did you hear about another RS bankruptcy? Can you provide any
links to that?

You honestly live under a rock don't you?

http://fortune.com/2017/03/08/radioshack-bankrupt-chapter-11/

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---
http://www.avg.com

John Robertson April 5th 17 08:46 PM

wrote:

If they were available in the past on the RS web site then see if you
have any luck using the WayBack machine on
http://www.Archive.org. Many
is the time I have found manuals, etc. using the WayBack engine!

Thats a great idea. I never thought of that!

Ah, light bulb moment. They categorised their scrapings.

https://archive.org/details/manuals_radioshack

But nothing found :-|

That mixer looks more like a trivial switch, and should be easy to buzz
out with a continuity tester to find the functions. I have a similar
Tandy Realistic 42-2115 tape control centre on the HiFi.

From left to right, I'd judge the purposes of the switches like:

VCR-1 & VCR-2
Selects sources for recording into each.

PROCESSOR
Connects via loop-out/loop-in an external video processor box in-line
with the selected input, hopefully* so that the enhanced signal can be
recorded with VCR-1 & VCR-2.

MONITOR
Merely connects to the source output, enhanced or not.

* should be easy to buzz out with a meter, or just try it.

Might not be you, but a lot of folks have issues with the directional
labels in & out, and yet fully manage to survive a trip to a supermarket
or the car park.

Do you really need the manual?

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/*/h...radioshack.com

directories are there, some PDFs may be archived, and if you are lucky
RS never deleted them from the server even if the link went away later -
so you then try the "This Page Is Available on the Web" and see if it
pulls it in.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Foxs Mercantile April 5th 17 10:03 PM

On 4/5/2017 12:47 PM, wrote:
I have more important things to do than watch tv....

What makes you think I watch television?

[email protected] April 5th 17 11:18 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 15:03:10 -0500, Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

On 4/5/2017 12:47 PM, wrote:
I have more important things to do than watch tv....

What makes you think I watch television?

I can see the picture tube on your forehead :)

[email protected] April 9th 17 03:52 PM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

http://www.nextstepus.org/news/wp-co...6-before-A.jpg

KSMike1 March 10th 18 01:23 AM

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 9:14:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I know that Radio Shack has manuals for their products online, or at
least they used to. I'm looking for a manual/schematic for an older
Archer A/V mixer. Archer Model: 15-1263.

Radioshack.com dont seem to have any links ot their manuals. Where do
they hide them?

If you still need the one for 15-1263, send me an e-mail. I found my original this afternoon and scanned it.

[email protected] March 10th 18 03:31 AM

Where does Radio Shack hide their older manuals?

I have an Archer surround decoder and amp model 15-1279. It needs both output chips. I probably don't really need the manual, maybe the output part is all, but not the whole thing, what I need is the part numbers of the output chips. They are both blown to bits. (that's why I might need that part of the manual)

The reason for this is my own carelessness. I was using it as a bench amp, it is small, not much tone control and can null felt and right to check channel balance. (which actually proved useful once) I have sort of a patch bay there for the speakers, and really the receiver that is now there is better, but when the Archer was there I went to check an amplifier.

Well this was a quite powerful amp, not sure it may have been my Phase Linear 400-2, 260 WPC. Instead of disconnecting the speakers and hooking them to the amp I mistakenly fed the output of the amp into the speaker outputs of the Archer, which was of course in BTL mode so all the channels are fried..

A great big OOPS. Even the part number would be good, then I can check see if it didn't burn down alot more before I order the chips.