Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Next Mail To Dropbox

Yeah, and if you read your inbox you would know that most of Usenet is
dropping you, and that includes paying members.

You just made all the links we had unusable, just like that ? ****
YOU.

You people just ****ed yourselves really good. Don't even try to get
into this business anymore. i can get hosting for the little bit I use
for about three bucks a year. You will never be able to compete with
that.

And your "noreply" are a ****ing joke, you really think that I think
you can't read this ? You are not playing with kids here.

Sorry, I am going to have to give some schlameal like five bucks a
year now. Big ****ing deal.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dropbox is a cheap (free), fast and convenient way to send large files one-off anywhere without worrying about mailbox capacities. Full stop.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 8:33:03 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Dropbox is a cheap (free), fast and convenient way to send large files one-off anywhere without worrying about mailbox capacities. Full stop.

Was. People on here used to use it. But now every link to the \public folder is no good. You cannot go back and edit all your posts and change the URLs. Seriously, I am about to just pay for some damn hosting but then when I think that then I go "Why ?". Drawings of some harebrain schem(atic)that I thunk up on a Friday night after several beverages of my choice ? Why ?

The ASC files that Spice uses can be posted right here in text form. There are fora out there for other things, like photos. In fact I don't really even need that so much.

As far as I am concerned, Dropbox just put themselves out of business.

I know this is just a rant, but I am seriously sick and tired of losing abilities. Every damn software "upgrade" costs something. In Win 98SE I had a shortcut to search only my \music directory and any keyword appearing in the title or artist would come up in a matter of milliseconds. That is because the search was restricted. Then I got XP and the thing has to search five harddrives n ****. In Vista I can't even get it to do a file search like that. I had Win 7 for a time and that **** didn't even let me into my own \sendto directory. What do you mean access denied ? Whose PC is this anyway ?

Every newer piece of software seems like that. They either delete features or hide them. Web browsers, Acrobat reader, everything, I sit there with "OK, how do I do ____" and never find an answer. Either the feature I want is well hidden or simply removed.

Same with AOL. The most expensive end user ISP around, they took my webspace away, they took my Usenet access away. Guess what happened - I quit paying them $54 a ****ing month. Yup, that is what it used to cost for AOL DSL.

At this point, I will pay ANYONE else than Dropbox for hosting. I post in many fora and if I have a link to something I want it to stay the same forever. Well, as long as I pay the bill of course.

I appreciated Dropbox. Free and all, what more can you ask ? But now some yuppie apparently bought the place and has big ideas.

Improve my security ? Don't you think I have the damn brains to figure out that when I publish the URL to one of my PUBLIC files to know that it is PUBLIC ? Are people that stupid ?

Maybe they are. Look at new cars, they got ones that will steer themselves back into a lane if you wander outside the lines, and another that will put on the brakes automatically, just in case you did not look where you're going and were about to slam into a truck or whatever at 80 MPH. I think if you are stupid enough to drive into something at 80 MPH you deserve a Darwin award.

In the old days we used to watch where we were going. We were not texting on the phone, shaving or doing our hair or putting on makeup. We understood that we were piloting a two ton moving vehicle and the responsibility that entailed.

This world is really getting to be too much. It is like it is adapting to stupid people who really should have died from some misadventure or whatever..
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"You can post public files to a private Google Drive, which is free,
All you have to do is mark the file as public."

Understood, but what to do with files that were posted year(s) ago and now the URL is invalid and you cannot go back and edit the post ?

And that applies to every forum on the net, not just Usenet.

You can say "Whaddya want for nothing" and really that is true. And that is why I am not going to use Google Drive. If you are not the customer, you are the product.

Damn, I never though I would insist on paying. My Uncle would probably kill me but he is dead now. One day I might write of him, but not today.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well then go back to your Usenet posts from ten ****ing years ago and change those URLs.

You cool with that ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 03/05/2017 10:51 AM, wrote:
Well then go back to your Usenet posts from ten ****ing years ago and change those URLs.

You cool with that ?

Would you change your Usenet post from ten years ago:

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair

Subject: For the people who **** with me

Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:08:06 -0700

05:08:07 GMT)

posting-account=ps2QrAMAAAA6_jCuRt2JEIpn5Otqf_w0

OK, I have killed twelve people and never did a day in jail over it,
you want to **** with me, accuse me of not having street smarts ?

This is not a threat, it is an invitation to whatever you make it. You
come to me. What happens to you is, howevwer, your ****ing problem.

Now here is a threat. If you continue to disrupt the operation of this
newsgroup I will find out who you are, and I will shut you down. DO
YOU UNDERSTAND ME ? I didn't **** with anyone. But that could
change.

You keep it up you can be assured of getting the newest and bestest
virus in the world, I'll **** up your registry. I mean you are ****ing
with the wrong per,,,,,people here. Let this NG operate as it does.
There is this and there is that, but no MOTHER****ER is going to tell
me what I can or cannot post. You are a ****ing hind tit on a wild
boar.

When you buy usenet and pay my ****ing bills get over here. I haven't
put my fist though anything in a long time.

And for those who want to say something about me hiding or anything
like that, let me tell you something. When I put my fist through a
wall it comes out the other side. I live on west 16th in Cleveland
Ohio. C'mon down. I'll get rid of your carcass, and drive your car
until the ****ing plates expire. And when the cops stop me EVEN drunk
in this town, they will not take me to jail.

Now who do you want to **** with ?

Terminator.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Kinda sorry about that, no threat was warranted. I apologize.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 8:33:03 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Dropbox is a cheap (free), fast and convenient way to send large files one-off anywhere without worrying about mailbox capacities. Full stop.

Was. People on here used to use it. But now every link to the
\public folder is no good. You cannot go back and edit all your
posts and change the URLs. Seriously, I am about to just pay for
some damn hosting but then when I think that then I go "Why ?".
Drawings of some harebrain schem(atic)that I thunk up on a Friday
night after several beverages of my choice ?

I have a beer now and then. Now, that the world's finally gone to 'H'.
(and even before then)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 2:46:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Kinda sorry about that, no threat was warranted. I apologize.

BTW, this killed twelve people was fiction. And hopefully you had a look at to what I was replying. This was a rant, nobody can shut this down. Maybe the Russians could but not easily.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a beer now and then. Now, that the world's finally gone to 'H'.
(and even before then)

Well I do more than now and then. I can't stand how things are. Political correctness, then the liberals who ****ed things up, and now Trump because they just HAD TO HAVE Hillary, why couldn't they just run someone good ?

The world is in alot of trouble, there is no doubt. Beam me up Scotty.

Dropbox Posting Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 1 May 5th 10 06:32 PM
Job box in DropBox Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 13 February 7th 10 12:32 AM
What is this? In the dropbox. Bob AZ Metalworking 16 May 8th 09 11:41 PM
Dropbox Posting JR North Metalworking 2 November 10th 08 05:46 PM
My MOT spotwelder is in the DropBox Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 27 March 14th 08 07:12 PM