Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PCB labeled in Chinese

I ordered a small amplifier board on ebay. It's just a PCB with
components, making a ready to go low powered audio amplifier, complete
with a volume control.

It has three screw terminal blocks to attach the Power, Input and
Output. It also has a 1/8" jack.

But here is the problem. Those screw blocks are labelled in Chinese.
Using the actual chinese alphabet. If it was another language, I could
convert the words online, but I cant enter chinese characters.

Fortunately, the power one says 12v with a + on one side, so I know that
is the 12v source. But I hav no clue which of the other two are input or
output, nor what that 1/8" plug is for.

I bought this from a US seller. You would think he would include a piece
of paper showing what is what. The entire amp is mostly just one IC
chip. Both the input and output go right to this chip, and there are
parts in the way of the chip to try to read the chip numbers. (which
likely would not match anything anyhow). [not to mention I cant see well
enough to read chips anymore].

What is most weird, there is a LED on the board which says "LED" and the
caps have numbers next to them (in english).

I plan to contact the seller to ask for an email containing the
schematic or a photo showing what is what.....

This is the first time I have ever run across a PCB labeled in
chinese...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Most of these Chinese kits don't have an instruction sheet. They are
the collection of parts from some construction article or something
like. that

Do an internet search for whatever identifiers you have. It might be as
simple as a circuit from the IC's data sheet. I've got a couple of
other these Chinese kits and there was alot of very complete information
on the web including youtube videos.

There might be pictures of the completed amp from the vendor's website.

The vendor might not have a clue as to what the parts in a bag are for.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 26.02.17 3:25, wrote:
[...]

Get the ground connection with your ohm meter on each block.
Attach a small speaker to each terminal block, if your print
is mono.
If stereo, use two 20 ohm resistors to connect the other side of
the speaker to the l/r in/out points.

Connect power.

Then tap on the speakers, and the outgoing one will
echo that, with the one on the input acting as microphone.

Keep the speakers away from each other, or you will have a siren.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:51:57 +0100, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

What is most weird, there is a LED on the board which says "LED" and the
caps have numbers next to them (in english).

I plan to contact the seller to ask for an email containing the
schematic or a photo showing what is what.....

This is the first time I have ever run across a PCB labeled in
chinese...

Get the ground connection with your ohm meter on each block.
Attach a small speaker to each terminal block, if your print
is mono.
If stereo, use two 20 ohm resistors to connect the other side of
the speaker to the l/r in/out points.

Connect power.

Then tap on the speakers, and the outgoing one will
echo that, with the one on the input acting as microphone.

Keep the speakers away from each other, or you will have a siren.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I solved the problem by looking on Ebay.
The seller I bought this from does not have the diagram, but there are
several other sellers selling this same amp. Several of the other
sellers have a photo of the amp, with pictures of speakers and what they
connect to. (Including which screws are + and -).

There are 3 screw type connectors. One is the 12VDC power, the other two
are speakers (L and R). The 1/8" jack is the input for a STEREO plug,
such as the SPKR jacks on the back of a computer.

I plan to tell the seller I bought this from, to please include that
diagram on his ad. (I saved a copy of the picture for future reference).