Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

Default How to set up Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 as an Access Point, wired to a wired extender, on WISP?

I'm setting up a Ubiquiti Nanobeam M2 400 as an access point, wired to a
router which itself is wired to the main router, which itself is connected
to a WISP antenna on the roof.

Here's where I'm stuck.
Anyone know the next step?

First, I reset the Nanobeam to factory defaults.
- I connected the Nanobeam to a 12-to-24VDC 500ma-to-1A POE port RJ45.
- I ensured the Nanobeam first of six LEDs is lit green (power LED).
- I held the reset button in for about a dozen seconds (all lights flash).
NOTE: There is no need to cycle the power; it can stay on all this time.

Then I connected to the Nanobeam from a Windows XP computer:
- Connect the POE LAN port to the WinXP computer RJ45.
- Start Settings Control Panel
Network and Internet Connections Network Connections
- Check that the wireless Network Connection is disabled (it's too
confusing).
- Right click on the "Local Area Connection" & select "Properties".
- Doubleclick on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"
- Write down the settings (because you need to reset them when you're
done).
- Doubleclick on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" & set is as follows:
(o) Use the following IP address
IP address 192.168.1.199 -- use any number other than 20
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.20
(o) Use the following DNS server addresses
Preferred DNS server 192.158.1.20
Alternate DNS server leave blank
[ok][ok]
- Check Nanobeam has the first two of six lights lit green (power & net).
- Check that the WinXP computer is on the 192.168.1.x subnet.
Start Run cmd
C: ipconfig
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
- On WinXP, bring up a browser and log into http://192.168.1.20
Username = ubnt
Password = ubn

Now what?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Troll is back, please don't feed the Troll!

How to set up a spare Linksys WRT54Gv2 as a wired access point network extender Liam O'Connor Home Repair 11 March 10th 14 04:10 AM
I'm wired ! Snag[_4_] Home Repair 1 January 4th 14 01:20 PM
Wired doorbells larkim UK diy 42 October 6th 12 06:26 PM
How Is This Switch Wired? DerbyDad03 Home Repair 34 November 7th 07 05:18 PM
Need JVC Wired VCR Remote John H. Electronics Repair 1 February 15th 04 05:04 AM