DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Finding 100A TVS diode? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/585517-finding-100a-tvs-diode.html)

Spare Change February 6th 17 08:25 PM

Finding 100A TVS diode?

BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a.

The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over
10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current is specd over 1/2
cycle of 60 Hz sine:

http://diotec.com/tl_files/diotec/fi...heets/bzw065v8

All replacements I see, the surge current is nowhere near 100A or is specd
at 10/1000 uS waveform.

Surely the original isnt all that unique a part...? Anyone know of a
direct replacement?

Thanks,
Dave

Winfield Hill[_2_] February 6th 17 08:47 PM

Finding 100A TVS diode?

Spare Change wrote...

BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a.

The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over
10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current is specd over 1/2
cycle of 60 Hz sine:

http://diotec.com/tl_files/diotec/fi...heets/bzw065v8

All replacements I see, the surge current is nowhere near 100A or is specd
at 10/1000 uS waveform.

Surely the original isnt all that unique a part...? Anyone know of a
direct replacement?

Fagor (my TVS favorite) uses the same spec. So
does ST. Try the -28 version for distributor
inventory. Fagor's slightly larger 5kp version,
8.7 x 9 mm, is rated for 500A surge. There are
larger ones available.

--
Thanks,
- Win

Klaus Bahner February 7th 17 08:39 PM

Finding 100A TVS diode?

On 06-02-2017 21:25, Spare Change wrote:
BZW6-26, 26v TVS unidirectional diode, through-hole, obsolete, n/a.

It's not shown as obsolete by Diotec. They claim distributor stock of
several thousand in PL, DE and SK.

The original datasheet says that the 600W peak pulse power is measured over
10/1000 uS waveform, but the 100A forward surge current is specd over 1/2
cycle of 60 Hz sine:

http://diotec.com/tl_files/diotec/fi...heets/bzw065v8

All replacements I see, the surge current is nowhere near 100A or is specd
at 10/1000 uS waveform.

P6KE-30A from ST is a direct replacement, with exactly the same
specifications.

Klaus