DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/585014-belton-btdr-1h-reverb-unit.html)

N_Cook January 26th 17 02:15 PM

Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit

First one I've come across, anyone know what is inside? too big to be
bucket-brigade and regulator and a couple of opamps.
i don;t believe this supposed schematic
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/clubman501/60421206.html
7 pins to the outside world and pic is correct of this "Digi-log reverb"

N_Cook January 26th 17 03:48 PM

Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit

On 26/01/2017 14:15, N_Cook wrote:
First one I've come across, anyone know what is inside? too big to be
bucket-brigade and regulator and a couple of opamps.
i don;t believe this supposed schematic
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/clubman501/60421206.html
7 pins to the outside world and pic is correct of this "Digi-log reverb"

that .jp is an external cct

MJC January 26th 17 03:50 PM

Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit

In article , says...

First one I've come across, anyone know what is inside? too big to be
bucket-brigade and regulator and a couple of opamps.
i don;t believe this supposed schematic
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/clubman501/60421206.html
7 pins to the outside world and pic is correct of this "Digi-log reverb"

I have a vague recollection of coming across a reverb unit in the 1970s
which had one of more long springs inside. Worked a bit like those
ancient mercury delay line computer stores. It was certainly big!

Mike.

N_Cook January 26th 17 03:57 PM

Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit

On 26/01/2017 15:50, MJC wrote:
In article , says...

First one I've come across, anyone know what is inside? too big to be
bucket-brigade and regulator and a couple of opamps.
i don;t believe this supposed schematic
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/clubman501/60421206.html
7 pins to the outside world and pic is correct of this "Digi-log reverb"

I have a vague recollection of coming across a reverb unit in the 1970s
which had one of more long springs inside. Worked a bit like those
ancient mercury delay line computer stores. It was certainly big!

Mike.

A simple test, next time I power up. Tap the casing and see if output
goes boioioioioing.
I wonder if you culd make a small springline reverb, to compensate for
presumably tinny sound, seriously emphasise the bass and de-emph.
There are some half-length tanks with send and receive at one end and a
low-damp suspension at the far end. Surely it would be possible to
suspend a spiral spring in aero-gel or somesuch

N_Cook January 27th 17 12:44 PM

Belton BTDR-1H, reverb unit

On 26/01/2017 15:57, N_Cook wrote:
On 26/01/2017 15:50, MJC wrote:

[...]